Room 365

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

„Nothing burns like the cold“

 

There was only time for a short glance in the mirror since she ignored the constant noises of her alarm clock the entire morning. Byulyi loves to sleep and she hates to wake up early. If it wasn't Wheein who didn't stop calling her until she picked up her phone, the tall woman would have missed another day at college.

“Byul, where are you? Hurry up, I'm waiting and it rains really badly. Don't keep me waiting forever!”

With a visible annoyed face, Byulyi responded to the message of the way too energetic brunette, telling her that she's already on her way to their meeting point.

Of course she was thoughtful enough to not forget an umbrella and when she saw Wheein waving at her in the distance, a small smile crept up her face. Maybe it wasn't so bad to know someone full of the energy she herself needed.

Right after both greeted each other, Byulyi invited the brunette to share the small space under her umbrella, making up for having her to wait so long. The rest of their way to college was spent in a comfortable silence and when they arrived at the campus, Wheein showed her all the important places and their central lecture building.

Hongik University is known as the best architecture and art school in South Korea with two incredible huge campuses in Seoul, so it wasn't a surprise that Byul easily got lost here yesterday.

“I know it's probably a lot to adjust for you but trust me, once you started to spend 12 hours a day here, you'll get used to the environment.”

Wheein laughed and Byulyi feared that she wasn't even joking. A while later both had their first official lecture which went a lot smoother than both thought it would be. At the end of the lesson the teacher wanted to speak with the two girls, curious why they hadn't been there the day before. He just nodded while Wheein was explaining what happened and soon after they were released.

“Wow, I really felt like a teenager again. I thought he was going to scold us but I guess at college the teachers are lot more relaxed.”

“You're half right.”

Wheein explained while she seemed to search for something.

“It's not like we can skip class whenever we want to. I guess it depends on the teacher but once you picked the wrong one to mess up with, you're in real trouble.”

She continued unimpressed while Byulyi couldn't stop wondering how the smaller girl could know so many things about the place and the teachers. When the brunette increased the speed of her walk, Byulyi struggled to keep up with her tempo since there was a crowd of students who she accidentally bumped into. Byulyi followed her down the halls until she finally caught up with her.

“What's gotten into you?!”

Out of breath she glanced at Wheein in confusion.

“We have arrived”

Even more puzzled, Byulyi looked at the direction Wheein's finger pointed at. They stood right in front of a closed door with a sign that had the number ’365’ written on it.

“Unfortunately, I have other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter