Dangerous occurrence

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul's impressive nightlights for once weren't the most effective distraction for a long imminent car ride.

For some reason, neither of the two muted women thought of turning the radio on again, what surely contributed to the more and more stifling mood.

 

This mess started twenty minutes ago, when Byulyi, in a moment of weakness, thoughtlessly and in an almost demanding voice requested to spent the remaining night at Yongsun's side.

Byulyi wouldn't have accepted a rejection and Yongsun didn't dare to investigate further into her intentions. She also didn't mind to take her along, it was just a weird offer she least likely thought she would hear from Byulyi.

Apart from that and the current strange tension lingering in the air, the singer somehow enjoyed her newest companion. Way too much time has passed since she shared a ride with someone else. 

Byulyi on the other hand was just being a nervous and quite unhelpful wreck. Never did her eyes wander too close at the singer's direction, nor did the smallest sound left her from time to time quivering mouth. 

An unfortunate moment of carelessness caused her eyes to almost looking directly into the raven-haired woman's curious gaze when Byulyi casually glanced at her window, not taking the reflection of the glass in consideration. 

It was Yongsun's soft but still audible laugh afterwards that made the tall woman completely lose it. The singer saw everything, apparently even her embarrassing reactions.

Suddenly, the nightlights became more interesting than anything else, even though an admittedly beautiful and stunning woman sat right next to her, only a few inches apart from her left shoulder. 

Hours ago she would have slapped herself for thinking that way about Kim Yongsun.

And honestly, not even a few minutes ago she would have slapped herself for voluntarily spent more time with this woman. 

But hearing her laugh, which by the way didn't sound so annoying at all, surely changed something about her view of Yongsun. 

There was this enjoyable and carefree side of her that awaked Byulyi's interests more. 

For reasons which could not be explained properly by now, the tall woman had the impression that the singer was giving off two very different characters, as if 'Yongsun' and 'Solar' weren't the same person. 

At the end of the day, she probably would have gotten to know more of one of them, at least for a little bit... 

____________________________________

 

Another 25 minutes passed by when the car finally came to a stop. 

"And here we are" 

If by here she referred to the shabby looking surrounding area of one of the most deteriorated sector of this big city, then Byulyi for real had to question Yongsun's choice of working conditions. There was no way this rather graceful and delicate woman would fit into such an inappropriate location.

Not only to mention that the singer's usual working routine started after sunset, there also was this uneasy feeling as if everything here literally screamed 'dangerous'. 

The dark facades of the high buildings and the ruined streets created an atmosphere that wasn't really appealing to Byulyi, who got more nervous when she saw the potential for dubious activities on this hidden parking lot. 

She only noticed that she was almost clinging to Yongsun's door when the singer had troubles with getting out of the car properly, which made Byulyi feel a little bit ashamed. 

"I just need to get my acoustic guitar and we're ready to go."

Nodding, the taller woman took a few steps back and watched the singer carefully carrying out her instrument out of the trunk. 

After a couple of minutes they reached the entrance door of a less shabby looking place, full with people inside as well as outside, waiting for their turn to get into the club. A few people must have recognized Yongsun because some of them started whistling and cheering when the two women were about to enter the VIP entrance. 

Byuly, however, got interrupted by a big hand resting only inches away from her face and when she looked at the owner of this terrifyingly big size of body part, he didn't even bother to return her gaze. 

"She belongs to me, it's okay."

Without further ado, the hand disappeared as fast as it has appeared in front of her. Yes, Solar was powerful in various aspects, the tall blonde noted to herself. 

Finally inside, a frown quickly formed her face when she saw a huge but full room, a situation Byulyi really hated. She is okay with talking to strangers but places like this one, too loud and too crowded to start a normal conversation, were just horrible. 

While observing the venue, she didn't fail to notice that there wasn't a free space near the stage and Yongsun seemed to understand what she thought of. 

"I won't sing, they asked me to assist a band whose guitarist suddenly got injured. I played here a few times and know their songs pretty well, that's why they asked me for help. I get paid the usual salary for less effort, I couldn't decline the offer." Surprised but not as disappointed as Byulyi thought she would be, she just stared at Yongsun who had the most apologetic look on her face the blonde ever saw. It was cute how her eyebrows puckered worryingly. 

"I'm sorry, I should have told you about that earlier but I guess you kinda... Surprised me so much that I didn't thought about it."

For once, the singer's cheeks turned a little bit pinkish in a matter of seconds and it was hard to tell what exactly she was trying to say but there was no time left for another explanation. 

"I gotta go now, let's meet at the bar when I'm finished? It won't take long." In a swift motion she turned around and winked at Byulyi teasingly, not waiting for a response. Thankfully she didn't witnessed the tall woman's gasp that followed shortly after. 

Even though Solar wasn't singing at this performance, it was still enjoyable to see and hear her playing the guitar, a welcome distraction from tonight's unpleasant impression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter