Reconciliation

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time."

 

"Good morning"

Yongsun greeted Byulyi with a weak voice while entering the kitchen like an abruptly awoken sleepwalker. Both women had a restless night thanks to all the exceptional circumstances.

The taller woman responded with an acknowledging hum as she made some coffee for both of them, the only kind of food supplies she could provide at the moment. A very distinct smell of freshly brewed coffee surrounded the women who slowly got back to life again with every passing minute.

It was Yongsun who broke the silence after a few sips of the hot liquid. "This feels so great."
Empathizing with the singer, Byulyi also let out a satisfied sigh, fairly pleased with herself and her sufficient skills.

After they finished their rather provisional and quiet breakfast, Byulyi searched for some clothes to borrow her guest while Yongsun took a healing shower which felt like washing off all the worries from last night.

She came back with a small towel covering most of her still wet hair while wearing one of Byulyi's big oversized hoodies. Byulyi couldn't stop herself from chuckling slightly at this too hilarious scenery once here eyes caught a glimpse of the singer.

Yongsun, who always wore seemingly expensive makeup and elegant clothes, now looked like any other modest student with those absolutely cheesy varsity jackets.

"I think this style actually suits your true personality." She commented while trying her best not to burst into laughter at her own joke, only to fail miserably a few seconds later. It ended up with a pillow thrown at her face.

"Ouch!" Byulyi tried to protest but Yongsun was now smiling herself, clearly not as offended as she pretended to be.
"And I thought you might be a nice person!" This was the final straw for Byulyi, she jumped off her chair and used some surrounding pillows for a counter-attack, hitting the singer's forehead with a lot of force.

Barely before the situation could escalate into a massive pillow battle, the ringing sound of a doorbell interrupted them from going at each other's throats, of course in a playful manner. When Byulyi unlocked the door, a well-known smile greeted her.

"Wheein?!"

It was Yongsun who responded at first but the three women were equally astounded seeing each other in this constellation, especially since it's Byulyi's apartment and not the campus.

"Am I... Disturbing you with something?"

The small woman's questioning stare went from Byulyi to the singer back and forth, not actually requiring a proper answer from them since she observed enough to justify her ambiguous suspicion. Their hairs and the room were awfully chaotic and on top of that, they were pretty much out of breath. P

"N-No but why are you here?"

"I'm not surprised that you forgot about our date," Wheein said while emphasising her last wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter