Restless

Before the next snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Just like the sky on those cold and dark days, the heavy weight of my cloudy heart leaves me somewhat lonely."

 

Horrible is just an understatement, Byulyi thought to herself while wriggling around the spot she was lying on, incapable to relax even a single muscle. It's her first night in her new apartment but obviously, she isn't holding up too well. In an almost rediculous swift motion she threw away her hot blanket and spread her legs wide over the whole mattress. A few frustrated sighs clarified Byul's failed attempts to find an acceptable position on that stiff piece of fabric which you hardly could call a mattress, if would you ask her. 

The fact that she couldn't sleep without a proper bed is, indeed, amusing. 

The fact that she couldn't sleep because of an old, huge cabinet the previous tenant left there, is hilarious. 

Cursed be Byulyi, with her huge liking for ancient artefacts. Her heart was too weak to decline the landlord's offer to keep this absolutely majestic furniture, with the most beautiful wooden ornaments she had ever seen...

Yes, she definitely needed it. But only little did she knew that at night, this piece of art has a rather unsettling appearance which makes her terrified.

Unable to keep her eyes off that thing, Byulyi noted that she has to reduce the amount of time she's wasting on watching horror movies. Just in case she ever would want to sleep again... What certainly wasn't supposed to happen this night. Byulyi knew when it was time to resign.

If sleep won't welcome me with open arms, fine, might as well go and have some fun then. 

No sooner said than done and in a blink of an eye, she was fully dressed up, ready to discover the area around her new home. And oh, there is a lot to discover. 

Unlike at her parents place, it seems like in Hongdae, no one ever sleeps. Byulyi could see drunken students at every corner, tourists and other figures of the night. The only one who apparently doesn't matches the image, has been her, of course. She tried to avoid it, she really didn't meant to think negatively of herself but old habits die hard and she happens to have a lot to deal with.

A few drinks might help... 

Not fully convinced by herself, the insecure woman looked around a bit until she found a small bar, nothing out of the ordinary but definitely with an more welcoming atmosphere than the other places

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter