Unspoken Words

Because We're Not Like Others

Hey People!!! Aurthor here!! A few days ago, this website DIED!!!  The chapter 9 , the chapter about Yo Seob's song was deleted! As well as all your lovely feedbacks and comments! So here I am, uploading everything all over again... I'm sorry for what happened, though it's not my fault, and enjoy the story again!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yo Seob’s POV

 

                Two days later, I went back to the city. Everyone was happy to see me back again. My mum told me that I walked home drunk that day and went to sleep immediately but I couldn’t shake off the image of Jun Hyung talking to me.

                Jun Hyung and I talked like usual and apparently, he had started going out with Hara. I bit my lips and smiled and congratulated him. I was the one who made him promise to be happy with someone else.

Sometimes I would catch him looking at me from across a room or during rehearsals. I just forced myself to smile back but he looked back at me, his eyes pierced through me as though he could read my thoughts.

                We talked less and less to each other to reduce unnecessary pain and concentrated only on our upcoming big concert.

                It was a dark morning when manager came to see us in our practice room and announced a great news. He told us the project manager had planned for each of us to do a solo song for the upcoming concert. The interesting part was we can choose whatever song we want to sing. Everyone was excited especially Gi Kwang who kept jumping around.

                To make things interesting, no member shall know the songs that will be performed by each member except the band and the manager.

                Two months flew by just like that. Soon, it was time for our concert. For the rest of my life, I will never forget that day. I thought I was fine. I thought I had at least learnt to control my tears when I see him with Hara together. I thought I was about to move on but it all crumbled down. The sky of my world crashed down on me that day when I caught Jun Hyung and Hara kissing at the backstage right before our concert.

 

 

 

Doo Joon’s POV

 

                I am confused. Never in my life had I been this confused. Every day I would wake up greeted by either a silly smiling-while-sleeping face or a pile of blankets or sometimes, the white ceiling. It was my job to wake everyone up. It was my responsibility to stop arguments and fights and misunderstanding. It was my responsibility to make sure everyone was happy and living well. It was my responsibility as a friend to stand by them all the time.

                Yo Seob and Jun Hyung had always been close. Always. Whenever I see one, the other will not be far. It had always been like this but something had changed. Why and how? I could not be sure. When Yo Seob took the unexpected trip back home for two weeks, Jun Hyung did not smile once. Well, only to Dong Woon who looked like he was about to burst from frustration for not understanding a thing. Looks like Yo Seob and Jun Hyung had a fight. Apparently, Yo Seob ran away.

                For days, Jun Hyung trained nonstop. For days, I couldn’t remember seeing him with my own eyes eating anything. For nights, he just stood at the balcony of our home and looked out, a million miles away in thoughts. Until finally, during a group practice, he just fell to the floor unconscious.

                If love can make someone’s heart beat and pump heart hard, that someone had obviously never went through an ultimate shock. My heart nearly died when I watched him hit the floor. It was so shocking and frightening, I nearly panicked. But I didn’t, I can’t. Everyone was depending on me. I can’t.

                I remembered kneeling next to him, shaking his shoulders, shouting his name but there was no respond. I couldn’t remember who called the ambulance but soon, we found ourselves in the hospital. Everyone was in a state of shock. It was until the doctor finally came out from the ward and told us everything was going to be fine. My chest relaxed a bit and finally I could breathe.

                It was sad and heartbreaking to see Jun Hyung like that. His eyes were so distant and sad. His face was always pale. He was always busy doing something, anything to keep himself from remembering and thinking. I believe this has something to do with Yo Seob.

                When Yo Seob came back, he was cheerful like always and they talked to each other as usual but something felt off. I can’t be sure if I was being over sensitive but it became that whenever I look for Yo Seob, he will definitely be furthest away from Jun Hyung and vice-versa.

                At night, I will sometimes hear soft sniffing from the bed beside me. Underneath all the layers of blankets, I couldn’t see anything but the dampness of his pillow in the mornings was the tangible evidence.  Our poor maknae will tug my blanket and look at me worriedly. I will pat his head and tell him to go back to sleep, his Yo Seob hyung will be alright.

                Soon, Jun Hyung started dating Hara and we were all confused though Hara was the happiest girl alive. We couldn’t understand why Jun Hyung or what made Jun Hyung change his mind and so, we just kept quiet and let him be.

                Until the day I die, I will not forget that night, the night of our concert. It was a surprise. An event that hit the front page of news. Two songs that were all over the web by two singers that shocked the nation. I will never forget my experience watching them from below the stage. I will never forget their performances that took my breath away.

                 

 

 

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

                Hara is a great girl. Hara is a very pretty girl. But why? Why can’t I fall in love with her no matter how hard I try? My eyes will forever follow his figure, his shadow. I can’t see anyone else. I can’t see anybody else.

                I could not explain how unemotional I felt when Hara kissed me that day at the back stage. After two months together, I had never held her hand, let alone kiss her. But that day, she kissed me and it’ll be rude to push away. She said it was a good luck kiss. I felt sad when she smiled so prettily at me. How can she love such a wrong person like me who loves someone else so damn much?

                After eight songs, it was time for our solos. Yo Seob was the fifth to perform and I was the last. We get to sit below the stage and watch the solos with the fans. It was very interesting and funny watching the others instead of dancing around with them. I thought it was fun until Yo Seob walked on stage and all lights went out but the one that shone down on him.

                Fans were screaming and shouting and chanting his name. He just smiled. A smile that looked weary and wistful. A smile that made me wanted to pull him close into my chest. He had changed into a pair of jeans, a pair of plain white converse sneakers and a black shirt and a brown leather jacket. His fringe was combed up and he looked like kid up there on the stage.

                Everything went hushed when he started speaking.

                “Hi everyone!” he greeted the crowds, walking from one end to another though I knew he couldn’t see anything in the darkness. This way, he couldn’t see me too. He must have done this on purpose.

                “I hope everyone enjoyed our songs and performance tonight. I am rather nervous for tonight’s solo but all the same, I hope you all enjoy it.” He said and slowly removed the earphone from his ear. Nobody can talk to him this way. He will hear neither songs nor voices this way.

                “This next song, I’m going to sing it to all my Beauties who had cried for love. To me, sometimes, when you love, you just accidentally love too deep.” He paused looking out in the darkness and my heart throbbed in my chest. He walked to the centre of the stage and sat down on a tall stool.

                “Sometimes when you love too hard, you’ll find yourself crying in the middle of the night. Sometimes when you love too hard, you just run away and hide but that doesn’t solve anything. Sometimes when you love too hard, you have to say hurtful words. Sometimes when you love someone too hard, you forget yourself. Sometimes when you love too hard, your chest feels tight and painful by just looking at that person.” He said softly and patted his chest and gazed at my direction.

                “Sometimes, because you love someone too hard, you have to love enough to make that person cry and let go because sometimes you’re just not good enough for that person. Right?”

                Fans screamed and shouted with their answers while he smiled.

                “If you had ever felt something like this, this next song is for you. It’s called No.”

 

Author’s note: This song really exist. It would be great if you readers could go search for this song on youtube and listen before you continue reading. It’s called “No” by Yang Yo Seob.

               

Urin jeongmal andoendago mareulhagoseo

After saying that we will not work out.

Geumanhajan yaegilhago doraseongeoya

You turned away, telling me that we needed to stop.

Ipsuri mak tteollideoni chamdeon nunmure

My lips started to quiver and the tears I tried to hold back.

Kkeutnae neoreul bonaeneunge deo eoryeowotdeongeoyo

In the end, it was harder for me to send you away.

 

Chameulsugaeobseosseo neomu seulpeoseo

I couldn’t take it because it was so sad.

Ireon nareul seuseuro dallaemyeo doraseotjiman

I turned around, reassuring myself that it will be okay, but

 

Andwae, deoneun andwae

No, no more.

Imareul hagiga nan duryeowo

I’m afraid to say these words.

Geuraeseo neol motbongeoya

This is why I can’t see you.

Urin andwae, jeongmal andwae

We can’t be together, we really can’t be together.

Eochapi saranghaeseonandoeneungeol ara

I already know we aren’t supposed to love.

Ijeseoya saranghaenneunde neol saranghaenneunde

But until now we loved, I loved you.

 

                I sat numbly on my chair. Fans screamed around me but I heard nothing. The others were saying something too but I heard nothing. Memories of us flashed past my eyes as I watched him sing, his eyes were glassy with unshed tears.

                Every word that he sang, I knew it was meant for me because the words just hit me one after another, it was almost physical pain. His voice brought me back to the first time we touch, the first time we kissed, the first time we held hands, the first time we laugh, as well as the first time we cry.

 

Neowa geotdeon geu gireseo jamsi meomchwosseo

I suddenly paused on the road that I used to walk with you.

Saranghaetdeon gieokdeuri nareul japgoseo

The memories of us loving captivated me.

Huimihage jiwojyeotdeon neoui eolguri

And your face that I erased faintly.

Mundeuk tteoollatdeongeota geuraeseo meomchungeoya

Suddenly appeared in my mind, that’s why I stopped.

 

Chameulsugaeobseosseo neomu seulpeoseo

I couldn’t take it because it was so sad.

Ireon nareul seuseuro dallaemyeo doraseotjiman

I turned around, reassuring myself that it will be okay, but

 

                 

 

Andwae, deoneun andwae!

No, no more!

Imareul hagiga nan duryeowo

I’m afraid to say these words.

Geuraeseo neol motbongeoya

This is why I can’t see you.

Urin andwae, jeongmal andwae!

We can’t be together, we really can’t be together!

Eochapi saranghaeseonandoeneungeol ara

I already know we aren’t supposed to love.

Ijeseoya saranghaenneunde neol saranghaenneunde

But until now we loved, I loved you.

 

                He stood up from his stool and walked to the edge of the stage. He walked towards me. He had a frown on his angelic face when he sang the of the song.

 

Nan nan geujarieseo neol bonaeneunge aniyeotdago malhaesseumyeon

If I had said to myself that I shouldn’t send you away at that spot.

               

He sang and pointed to my direction. A few lights suddenly shone on the five of us below the stage and our eyes met. The other four cheered loudly and he seemed lost when he looked at me in the eyes. I on the other hand could see tears in his eyes because we were so close. He bit his lip and forced himself to continue with his song.

 

Doraseoseo neolbutjapo nan andoendago jabatdeoramyeon

If I had just turned around, grabbed you saying that I wasn’t okay with it.

Jeongmal saranghaesseultende!

We could have really loved!

 

 

The music suddenly stopped and all lights went out except one. He looked up at the single light that shone on him as though he was sending a prayer up and sighed into the mic. Fans screamed as usual. He turned his gaze towards my direction.

                “I’m sorry I have to let you go.” He whispered into the mic and the whole stadium exploded with deafening cheers. Every single person around me cheered like crazy thinking it was a show. A great show put on by him but I know that wasn’t the case. The emotion on his face, it wasn’t acting at all.

                The drums suddenly came in and music hit us loud. More lights shone on him and he continued to sing, his voice sounded more powerful than anything I’ve ever heard. The other four beside me cheered like crazy jumping around their seats like psychotic fan boys.

 

Andwae, deoneun andwae!

No, no more!

Imareul hagiga nan duryeowo

I’m afraid to say these words.

Geuraeseo neol motbongeoya

This is why I can’t see you.

Urin andwae, jeongmal andwae

We can’t be together, we really can’t be together.

Eochapi saranghaeseonandoeneungeol ara

I already know we aren’t supposed to love.

Ijeseoya saranghaenneunde

But until now we loved.

neol saranghaenneunde

I loved you.

 

                 

                Tears found their way to my eyes and before I could react, before fans around could notice; a hand grabbed me and pulled me towards backstage. I didn’t have any energy left to resist or see who was pulling me. My eyes were locked on his face as he smiled bravely to the deafening fans and fan boys, I may add. He bowed low and when he turned away and walked towards the backstage, I caught tears running down his cheeks as I ran by.

                “Hyung!” a voice snapped me back. I focused on the face in front of me to see Dong Woon shaking my shoulders frantically.

                “Hyung! Are you alright? What’s wrong? Why are you crying? It’s a good thing I see you before the fans do.”

                I grabbed his arms and tried to smile but I almost fell forward instead. He supported me and dragged me to the dressing room. Stylists and hairstylist immediately got to work. I almost forgot I was up next. I heard the MC saying something while a few people in charge around me nagged about me being late for preparation.

                Dong Woon stayed by my side the whole time.

                “Dong Woon ah,” I said after the fourth time he picked a fight with someone who tried to scold and nag at me. “I’m fine. I’m just so tired.” I said and smiled at him. Before he could answer me, a door opened and in came a red eyed Yo Seob.

                Someone shoved me a mic and I was all set to go on stage. I walked up to Yo Seob and reached out to hold his hand. He gasped and looked up at me.

                “Listen to my song. From the beginning ‘till the end. Don’t run away. Don’t run this time.” He shook his head and I squeezed his hand.

                “Promise me.” I said as people started shouting for me to get up stage. “Promise me.” I repeated while he looked troubled.

                “I’ll make sure he’s there. Faster go now.” Dong Woon said and I was dragged and swept away to the stage.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Next is Jun Hyung's song and performance.... Stay tuned~~