Only You and Me

Because We're Not Like Others

Jun Hyung's POV

 

            We stayed that way for a long, long time. It felt so right despite the fact that two men were holding each other like that. The heat from his body slowly radiated towards me. I hope my funny feelings could radiate to him too. Slowly, gently, warmly.

            “Hey,” I whispered.

            “Hmm?”

            “Do you still feel cold?”

            “Not when you’re holding me like this.” was the quick reply.

            “Do you dislike it?” I asked. He was silent for a few moments.

            “Because it’s you, not at all.” was his quiet reply. I chuckled.

            “Because it’s you, I don't dislike it too.” he laughed softly in reply and silence fell again. We sat there for about half an hour until the phones in our pockets were about to burst ringing.

            “I think we should go back. They're searching for us.” I finally said and heard him sighed.

            “I guess you're right.” and regretfully, we slowly pulled away, my entire being suddenly felt empty and cold from the absence of his heat. I remained sitting while I pulled my zip back up and straighten my clothes. When I looked up, Yo Seob was staring at me.

            “What's wrong?”

 

Yo Seob's POV

 

            Most unwillingly, we pulled away and I got up from his lap. He remained sitting there; his hair was a little tousled from the wind. But what caught my entire attention was his face, his handsome face that was laced with a soft gentle smile I had never seen before while he zipped his coat and straightens his clothes. He looked up and my heart missed a beat.

            When? When did it start that he can have this kind of effect on me? His dark eyes pierced right through me, as though he understood the feelings that were running through my entire being.

            “What's wrong?” he asked smiling wider at me. I stared at his pink kissable lips then back to his mesmerizing eyes.

            “No-nothing. I-er.” I can't tell him what I was thinking about!

            “Hmm, is that so? Alright then, let's get going.” he said and started to walk away and I don't know why but I panicked at him walking away and so I grabbed his arm. He turned around in surprise.

            I didn't know what expression I was wearing that day out there at the playground in the midst of thick snow but whatever it was made Jun Hyung stopped and stared. Why is he so kind to me or was he just being a good brother and friend and just helped in keeping me warm?

            Softly he lifted his warm hand to touch my cheek. I leaned into his warmth. Blood pumped through my whole body and for that moment, I no longer felt cold. Slowly, Jun Hyung inched closer to me while I held my breath. His face was getting closer and my dear weak heart pumped harder than ever.

            The next few minutes will be the event that I'll remember forever. I remembered the feeling of his hand traveling from my cheek to the back of my head and gently pulled me towards him. Before I knew it, our lips touched.

            Jun Hyung kissed me.

            I will never forget the electricity that ran throughout my body. My legs felt weak and slowly gave out beneath me but he held me tight around my waist with his other hand and caught me before falling. I didn't know when did I close my eyes but all I knew was the feeling of his lips on mine, his smell, his warmth, his everything that was enough to drive me crazy.

            Slowly, involuntarily, unconsciously, I circled my arms around his waist and lifted my head to kiss him deeper. I could remember my first kiss was when I was fourteen and it was with a girl in class. I was pushed one day by other guys and I kinda fell forward and bumped straight into her lips. That didn't felt anything like this.

            Therefore, I had no experience of whatsoever in this field but Jun Hyung on the other hand was a little different.

            “Yo Seob ah,” he whispered between tiny kisses. “What are we doing?”

            “I don't kn-!” he slipped his tongue into my mouth as soon as I tried to speak and electricity that ran up and down my body increased in voltage. His tongue forced my mouth to open larger and it felt so good and right and warm that I'd already forgotten everything including my name.

            I had never kissed anyone after that middle school episode but Jun Hyung taught me that day. Slowly and gently.

            “Mm” I moaned inside my throat and blushed in embarrassment when I realized what I just did. I felt Jun Hyung's lips smile then we pulled away and leaned on each other forehead to forehead catching our breath. I slowly open my closed eyes and he was looking at me like I was the only person in the world.

            His expression was serious. So serious that I would never believe what he just did was something out of a joke. A wave of confused emotion ran through his eyes and he frowned slightly before pulling me into a tight warm hug. A hug that felt like he never want to let go.

 

 

Jun Hyung POV

 

                I will never forget the day when our lips touched and something even greater than magic happened. I don’t know how to describe the feelings when our lips touched but all I knew was he returned my kiss and slowly, his eyes fluttered close. 

                My heart was laughing at how clumsy he was when he kissed back. Obviously he had not kissed or been kissed seriously.  What made my heart thumped even harder was his tiny moan when our tongue danced with each other and that brought a smile to my face.

                Slowly, we pulled away and leaned against each other, breathing hard.  His eyes were closed for a few long moments. He looked as though he was having a dream. When he finally opened his eyes, everything in my life and world stopped. 

                It was unmistakable and undeniable that these feelings inside me for him were something so silly called Love. It wasn’t suppose to exist but it did, for years, for this particular singer, to this person whom I was suppose to treat like a brother, to this person who is also a man. This is not right, but why? Why did it felt so right?

                I didn’t know why, but I just pulled him into a hug. A hug that I will never let go if I have could. Thanks to him, my whole world felt right again when I felt his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

 

 

Yo Seob POV

 

                We stood here for a few minutes and nothing in my common sense could explain why the sudden urge for me to bawl. Was it because of the feelings inside me for him that was not supposed to even exist? Or because of the kiss that felt more magical then any magic in the whole world? Or was it because of his hug that told me how much he cared? I don’t know. I really don’t.

                “Jun Hyung ah,” I finally whispered. “Let’s go back inside before I start crying.” It was meant to come out as a joke but my stupid voice trembled from emotion and it sounded like anything but a joke.

                He pulled away frowning and looked into my eyes.

                “Why? Is it because of me? Did I do something wrong?” I shook my head.

                “No! I-“ I swallowed and tried again. “I just- I don’t know how to explain these feelings.”

                He opened his mouth to say something more as he caress my cheek but those words never made it out of his mouth cause the door next to the stage burst open and came our little maknae.

                “There you two are! The manager is going to kill you two if you don’t come inside now.” He shouted over the loud silence.

                We looked at each other for a few seconds more then started for the door. We had a concert to do. Our feelings will have to wait.

                The next three hours of preparations were a blur. We got an earful from the manager but Doo Joon and the others took a pity on us and swept us away from the manager and brought us something to eat.

                “Where did you two went? We were searching all over for you and you know how unsafe it is to go out like that without bodyguards. You’re idols. Everybody wants you for themselves. Please be careful next time.” Doo Joon nagged while he pinched us on the cheeks like two little kids.

                Jun Hyung mumbled something about he’ll be careful next time while I mumbled something in agreement. That seemed to satisfy our leader and soon, it was performance time. Everyone put aside everything and gave our very best to stand on stage to perform.

                My hand was shaky when my mic was given to me. I could see it in everyone’s eyes, adrenaline was pumping inside us. Doo Joon put his hand forward and we followed piling our hands above his. He looked at us in the eye one by one.

 “This is it. This is the time to prove ourselves we’re not recycles. Let’s do our best. For us and for our Beauties!” we all cheered feeling all revived from our leader’s words. Hair was sprayed for one last time; clothes were straightened for one last time. The music began and fans began to shout and scream and cheer.

We stood in a straight line. Dong Woon was first from the left then Doo Joon, Hyun Seung, Gi Kwang, me then Jun Hyung. Everything went dark and curtains slowly lifted and screams got louder. Right before the curtains reveal our faces, Jun Hyung kissed me softly on the cheek and I nearly died.

The lights were bright and beyond the stage, I saw nothing but vast darkness though I hear lots of cheers and shouts. Some were just screaming, while others were shouting our names and me? I was staring at him, how he was smiling so softly at me and how the light shining on half his face made him look like an angel fallen from the dark sky. Thanks to him, I nearly missed my first cue.

Our first song for that day's performance, "You"