Start Of A New Day

Because We're Not Like Others

Jun Hyung’s POV

 

                I never meant to make anyone cry. I never meant to make Hara cry like that. I never meant to make Yo Seob cry like that. I was at loss when I saw tears rolling down his eyes. Should I stay or should I leave? Should I cry or should I pretend to smile? Should I run and hide or should I stay and face everything? I was at loss. I didn’t know what to do.

                That night after the concert, after Hara’s break down, after Yo Seob’s promise to her, after her breakup with me, after they both cried and everyone stood still loss at words and action for a long time, Doo Joon led us to different van through the side door while the others went out through the front door to greet the screaming fans goodbye.

                Doo Joon drove us home slowly while Yo Seob and I sat at the back. All the way back, no one said a word. Yo Seob just leaned his head on my shoulder and pretended to sleep while his tears fall and fall. The others arrived before we did. I realized Doo Joon drove really slow to give us time to collect ourselves before facing others who expect explanation. I will definitely repay all their kindness one day.

                When we got home, the others were waiting outside for us. When we got off the car, they all gave us big hugs out in the midst of cold snow. No words were exchanged. None was needed. The hugs said everything Yo Seob and I needed to know. They are our brothers; we are not just friends but a family. With a pat on our shoulders, they went inside and for them, life goes on again and tonight will be forgotten.

                They didn’t ask what happened. I guess they knew we would explain when we are ready. No pressure. I caught hold of his hand when he was about to enter our home. He turned around to me as others quickly disappeared into the house.

                I slowly pulled him into a tight hug.

                “I’m not going to let go again.” I said holding him tight. He started sobbing into my shoulder again and wrapped his arms around my waist tightly. After a few minutes, I pulled away a little to wipe his tears away.

                From now on, I’m never going to make him cry again. I promised myself and leaned forward to kiss him. He responded without hesitation and a lump formed in my throat. Before I knew it I found myself crying, Yo Seob gently kissed all my tears away and finally tip-toed to kiss my eye lids.

                “I won’t make you cry again.” He whispered. “I’m sorry.” I opened my eyes and gentle light illuminated his face gently from the window. We turned sideways and saw sun was up again. A new day had begun.

                I nodded and we looked at each other in the eyes. Something fluttered in my chest and we suddenly smiled at each other for the first time in so many months. The sun is up again. We embraced each other again. Today is a new day. A day just like every other day. The special part that had changed in my life is I have Yo Seob in my life again to make everything brighter. I love him. Oh yes, I really do. Because of him, I remembered how to breathe again.

 

 

Dong Woon’s POV

 

                There are a lot of things in this world that I don’t understand. Hyung, they all say I’m still young. But how much can I miss when I’m just two years behind them? It’s confusing. I don’t understand. I don’t understand at all.

                Before the concert, during the concert and after the concert. For more than 3 months, almost four I watched them. So much drama and emotions yet still, until today, I don’t understand a thing.

                The next afternoon, half of us woke up while me, Yo Seob hyung and Jun Hyung hyung remained in bed and slept until 4 pm. I got out of bed and washed up in the bathroom. When I returned to our bedroom to change, my heart nearly failed at the scene in front of me.

                Yo Seob hyung was kneeling on Doo Joon hyung’s bed beside Jun Hyung hyung who was still sleeping like a peaceful baby. As I entered the room, Yo Seob leaned down and KISSED Jun Hyung hyung on the LIPS!

                I gasped and took a step backwards in surprise. Jun Hyung hyung stirred and when he opened his dark, soulful eyes and looked up at the kisser, he SMILED! He never smiles! He was always grumpy and nags all the time but he smiled!

                They said hi to each other as though they had met each other for the first time. It was bizarre and it made my head hurt. I cough awkwardly and looked at the closet that seemed so close yet so far.

                “I’m er- just going to take my clothes.” I was about to dash to the closet when they both greeted me.

                “Morning Dong Woonnie!”

                “Hey maknae.”

                I smiled nervously while they smiled back looking all natural as though kissing each other was exactly like how grasses are green and sky is blue.

                Yo Seob hyung started talking to us about some puppies that were born a few days ago and he wanted to pay a visit to them. Without me realizing, I got forced to go along and in minutes, all six of us were suddenly involved and were ready to set off to visit the puppies.

                The mother dog as I would like to call her rather than was very protective. She got all worked up and aggressive when we got there but Yo Seob talked to her and introduced us to her and in minutes, everybody was everybody’s best friends. She let us play with her babies and I had never known puppies were that energetic and cute!

                I sat on a bench with the fattest puppy with the brownest eyes and fur as white as the snow around us on my lap. I started a lonely and awkward one-sided conversation with the puppy while the puppy my hand and nuzzled deeper against my windbreaker, searching for warmth.

                Suddenly I heard laughter. I looked up to see the other five were running around being chased by five little other puppies. What brought a smile on my face was how Jun Hyung hyung was defeated on the floor by two puppies his face and hair ferociously. He was laughing yelling for help while the other four just roll on the floor laughing.

                Yo Seob hyung made an attempt to distract the puppies but the other just joined their siblings in defeating Jun Hyung hyung. The whole park was filled with our laughter and soon the sun was setting again.

                That day, I grew up a little. It shocked me but nevertheless, it brought warmth to my entire body. Doo Joon announced it was time to go home for dinner and everyone started saying goodbye with the puppies and their mother. Yo Seob hyung who was on the floor rolling around with the puppies laughed and laughed and Jun Hyung hyung went over to him and said something I couldn’t hear.

                Yo Seob hyung then sat up on the ground patting the puppies goodbye on their heads. When he looked up at Jun Hyung hyung, both their eyes brighten immediately and their face broke into a slow wide smile. I was shocked. That was like a scene we all see in tv! Jun Hyung hyung held out a hand to him and Yo Seob hyung reached out and grabbed it. Jun Hyung hyung pulled him up and once again, they smiled that weird special smile of theirs at each other, at the same time, standing too close to each other.

                Our rapper said something and brushed snow away from our lead vocalist’s hair. Yo Seob hyung blushed and coyly said something back in return. From where I sat on the bench, I saw Doon Joon and Hyun Seung hyung stood afar and watched them with a gentle smile on their faces like they understood what was going on.

                Soon, we were on our way home as we had a loud discussion (argument) on what to eat for dinner. I noticed that Jun Hyung hyung and Yo Seob hyung were holding hands as they walk. Doo Joon and Hyung Seung hyung just smiled while Gi Kwang looked more confused than me.

                Walking slowly behind them, Doo Joon hyung suddenly joined me.

                “What’s wrong? You’re quiet all day long.” Our kind leader asked.

                “I am just thinking. Trying to figure out something out.” I replied while he laughed and ruffled my head.

                “I think I know what you’re trying to figure out.” He whispered only loud enough for me to hear.

                “It’s so obvious, can’t you see?” he asked laughing and suddenly I see. I nearly punched myself for being so stupid. Of course! It was so obvious! Son Dong Woon really is a big idiot. The two of us watched them holding hands like it was the most natural thing on earth and it probably was to them.

                I started laughing.

                “Why, it’s love.” I said smiling to our leader.

                “Yes maknae. It definitely is.” he ruffled my hair and patted my head.

                I looked on at them and how good and natural they look with each other. My brain rewind back a few months. They must have gone through some really tough time to finally be able to love each other like that.

                Yo Seob hyung said something up to Jun Hyung hyung and our rapper smiled and said something back in return. I had never seen Jun Hyung hyung smiling and laughing so much. Perhaps someday, I’ll find someone and love too just like my two hyungs. I smiled to myself feeling so much wiser than the still confused Gi Kwang hyung and ran up to join the discussion.

                Love.  It really is Magical.

 

-The End-

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the END!!

I want to thank EVERYONE for being so patient and continued to read until this chapter.. I'm very very grateful and thankful. Thank you all too for all the precious comments that realy motivated me to write better..It really is rewarding to write for readers like you...

Sorry for the crappy ending... Hope it's not too bad.. And finally, I hope you all enjoyed this long story of our beloved JunSeob!

Stay tuned for my next story based on the same couple... Thanks for reading~!