Broken Promises

Because We're Not Like Others

Yo Seob’s POV

 

          My heart nearly died when the lights suddenly shone on them but my eyes only saw him. He was looking up at me. The expression he was wearing was so sad; it made all my insides clench and twist. I finished my song and my whole being felt like exploding. I turned my back to the world and let my tears run down my cheeks.

          The power of music was truly outstanding indeed. I hid behind a curtain and stood there crying for a few minutes and forced myself to calm down and walked towards the backstage.

           When I entered the backstage door, there was a ruckus going on. Dong Woon looked kinda fierce while Jun Hyung was there, sitting in front of the mirror in silence and numbness as people attended to his hair and makeup. He looked up and saw me.

          He stood up and someone shoved a mic into his hand. His gaze never left my face as he walked towards me. I wanted to run but before my body couldn't do anything; his familiar warm hand touched and held my cold one.

        “Listen to my song. From the beginning ‘till the end. Don’t run away. Don’t run this time.” He said. I shook my head but he squeezed my hand hard.

        “Promise me.” he said brokenly as people kept shouting for him to go up the stage. “Promise me.” he repeated, his eyes begged me.

        “I’ll make sure he’s there. Faster go now.” Dong Woon cut in and soon, he was whisked away. I must have looked like a broken doll because Dong Woon patted my shoulder then gently dragged me out by the arm to join the other three.

         I sank down on the seat Jun Hyung had just sat on and looked up at the dark stage. There were a lot of whisperings going on around us. Fans were shouting my name so I turned around to smile and wave at them.

           I turned back to face the front and leaned forward on the chair and propped my hands on my knees, hiding my face behind them. My heart couldn’t take the stress and pain. I felt tired. So damn tired. Soon, the music began. It was soft and slow and I had to turn and look at my members to make sure it was really Jun Hyung’s song. Each member looked as surprised as me.

 

Author’s note : Hi! This song really exist too so go ahead and search for it and listen before you read on. It’s G.Na’s ‘Without You’. Just imagine Jun Hyung singing it with his low, lovely y voice. XD!

 

          The whole stadium was dark and silent as every single soul present that day was anticipating Jun Hyung’s first solo ever. The opening of the song continued and by the time I recognized what song was that, a silent and gentle voice joined the music.

          My heart stopped beating and I forgot how to breathe.

 

Eoyebuteo naeryeooneun bitmuri kkeuchi naji anha

The raindrops that started to fall yesterday won’t stop.

Tteoreojineun nae nunmulcheoreom

Just like my falling tears.

Oneulbuteo sijakdoeneun ibyeori bogi sirheojigo mara

I don’t want to face the separation that started today.

Uneun nae eolgulcheoreom

Just like my crying face.

Nappunira malhao heeojiji anheulkkeoran mareul hago

You said you only had me, said we were never going to break up.

wae nareul tteona

So why are you leaving me?

             Screams erupted from around us. The sound of reporters' camera snapping non-stop. The sound of surprise and excitement. I removed my hands and looked up in surprise from what I had just heard to see Jun Hyung standing silently in the middle of stage. A few dim lights were shinning on him while he looked a little dazed. He was wearing a white dress shirt complete with classic black slacks, vest and necktie. He didn’t greet anyone, neither did he smiled. He just stood there holding the mic in his hand looking so lost. I watched and studied his handsome but pale face that framed by his straight, sharp nose, deep dark eyes, perfect brows and pink lips that looked so kissable.

             He lifted his mic and when he opened his mouth again, the whole world went silent to listen to his voice.

Without you, amugeotdo haji motaneun nanikka

Without you, I can’t do anything.

Without you, eodiedo gaji motaneun nanikka

Without you, I can’t go anywhere

Sonkkoba haru iteul saheul naheul neol gidaryeo

I count down and wait one, two, three, four days

He counted with his fingers with each number and tightened his hand into a tight fist and tapped it on his chest.

Dasi naege doraol ttaekkaji

Until the day you come back to me.

Dasi nareul anajul ttaekkaji

Until the day you will hug me again.

Neol gidaril geoya a, day by day

I will wait for you, a day by day

          They say music is the words you can’t express. When no words can represent anything, music shall be the medium to understanding. Music is capable of saving. Music too can kill you. Music is like an invisible arm that is capable of reaching into the deepest corner of your soul to heal or rip off your entire being. I didn’t understand how the blood in my body just drained nor could I understand just how in the world can I forgot how to breathe. I just sat there, my whole being felt like it was on the verge of exploding while my eyes were glued on his face. I had never known he had a voice that soft, gentle and expressive. Everyone around including our members gasped and gaped. No one had ever heard him singing like that. No one knew he could sing like that. Nobody knew how to react to a rapper singing a ballad. But apparently, the fans did.

          Applause and screams erupted around us after his first chorus. It was amazing yet so heart breaking to listen to him sing like that. He walked to the side of stage and sat down on a stool in not far from me. The music softens as he looked out at the crowds below.

           “Hi,” he said ily and fans screamed like crazy, as well as the other four fan boys beside me.

          “Jun Hyung ah!!” Gi Kwang screamed like a girl. “Saranghae!!” he waved jumping around while the others did the same.

          Jun Hyung smiled softly at his fan boys. The lights around the stadium dimmed and soon, there was only one baby blue light shining on him.

          “This is my first time doing a solo. My first time singing a ballad. I hope you all will like this song.” He said and loosens his tie, his small gesture made him look incredibly handsome and y.

          “I wrote this song about two months ago and G.Na debuted this song as a single hit a couple of weeks ago. This song means the world to me.” he paused for a moment and looked down at me.

          “I wrote this song during the hardest days of my life. When I was forced accept certain decisions. When I had to fight my tears and force my feelings to stay calm.” He said and fans shouted encouraging words back to him.

          “Gwencanayo!” the fans screamed while he smiled tiredly, vaguely. The soft music came back and from where he sat, he continued to sing. 

 

Meoributeo balkkeutkkaji da jejeo beorijanha

From head to toe, everything is soaked.

Neo ttaemune heullin nunmure

Because of the tears I shed for you

Ijebuteo eotteokhaji na?

What do I do now?

Beolsseo mami apeujanha

My heart is already in pain.

Dasi gateun chueoge

Because of the thorn-like memories.

Saranghanda malhago na honja duji anheul kkeora malhago

You said you loved me, said you would never leave me.

Wae nareul tteona?

So why are you leaving me?

Without you, amugeotdo haji motaneun nanikka

Without you, I can’t do anything.

Without you, eodiedo gaji motaneun nanikka

Without you, I can’t go anywhere

Sonkkoba haru iteul saheul naheul neol gidaryeo

I count down and wait one, two, three, four days

Dasi naege doraol ttaekkaji

Until the day you come back to me.

Dasi nareul anajul ttaekkaji

Until the day you will hug me again.

Neol gidaril geoya a, day by day.....

I will wait for you, a day by day.....

 

          He got up from the stool and took a few steps towards us, his every word, every meaning her tried to say hit me hard. One blow after another hit my heart and soul. Dong Woon, Doo Joon and Gi Kwang ran up to the stage and gave him bright red roses which I suspected they got from the fans and screamed and jumped wildly like die-hard fan girls when Jun Hyung accepted their roses.

          A pair of familiar dark eyes then met mine while Hyun Seung and I remain seated on the chairs. Inside those dark eyes, I remembered how they used to hold much warmth and happiness but that wasn’t the case anymore. Our eyes were locked when he sang the of the song. In his eyes, I saw every emotion he could not show but only when he was on stage.

          There was a small frown on his face. With his eyes, he was trying to tell me, he was begging me to understand his lyrics. Tears once again found their way to my eyes while I shook my head to him. Nobody else in this world could have understood it better than me. I understand but I can’t.

 

Ani aniya naega ulmyeon miwo boyeoseo

No, no, you said I was ugly when I cried.

Sirtago haesseunikka

So you didn’t like it

Useo bolkke ije eokjirorado deo useoboryeo haebolge

So I’ll smile, even if I have to force myself to do it, I’ll smile more

Dorawa jwo, without you… oh oh… oh…

Please come back, without you…

          “I don’t want to lie to myself anymore. Because without you, I don’t remember myself, I don’t even know how to breathe.” He sighed into the mic. Wave after wave of cheers erupted all over the place. It wasn't a play. But they didn't understand . They didn't understand it was not a show. They were clapping bravos to a broken heart. If only they knew.

          “Come back,” he whispered into the mic, his eyes were filled with tears that would never fall. His hand was white from gripping the mic too tight. He paused for a few long dramatic moments and finally says,

          “Saranghae.” His eyes never left mine.

 

Without you, eodiedo gaji motaneun nanikka

Without you, I can’t go anywhere

Sonkkoba haru iteul saheul naheul neol gidaryeo

I count down and wait one, two, three, four days

Dasi naege doraol ttaekkaji

Until the day you come back to me.

Dasi nareul anajul ttaekkaji

Until the day you will hug me again.

Neol gidaril geoya a, day by day

I will wait for you, a day by day

          He sang his final words and pointed towards me sadly with his fingers. The other four gasped and looked at me while tears fall uncontrollably down my cheeks. I didn’t care who saw anymore. I just sat and cried behind my hands. How can he say that when he was just kissing Hara at the back stage? How can he say that after what he promised me? How can my tears keep falling like this after so many months of trying so hard to get over him? How can I still be like this? How can he break his promise to me? Why? Why?!

          I don’t know how. I don’t know why. I heard gasps and shouts from all around me. I heard Dong Woon calling me, shaking my shoulders.

          “Hyung! What’s wrong?” he asked over and over again while I heard others’ voices too but that doesn’t matter. They were not important.

          In the midst of noises and shouts and NOISES! I was lost until I heard my members gasp loudly.

          “Hyung! You can’t be here.” I heard Dong Woon said to somebody else while I clenched my fists and grit my teeth.

          Suddenly, a pair of arms circled me and I found myself pressed against a very familiar body. My tears were soaking a very comforting shoulder. The nice familiar scent from him was faint yet so overwhelming. More tears could only fall.

          “Yo Seob ah,” a voice whispered into my ear so silently.

          “I love you.” Jun Hyung whispered those precious words into my ear. The words shot right through my chest into my heart. He loves me. Yes. I know. I understand. I understand too well because I love him more than he loves me. But I can't. We can't be this way.

          My fists unclenched and my arms circled Jun Hyung around the waist, pulling him closer to me,feeling the warmth from hisbody radiating into my body.

          “Me too.” I whimpered between sobs. “I love you so much.” My voice trembled. Something wet then fell on the back of my neck and rolled down into the collar of my shirt. My heart sank to stomach and I fist his shirt hard pulling him even closer as I cried harder.

There I did it again. I made Jun Hyung cry again. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HI!! Author here! I'm REALLY SORRY for the late update!! But here is the new chappie! The of this story. I just want to disclaim something : I don't know who wrote this song "Without You" but I play god in my story. So here, in this story, Jun Hyung wrote this song himself and gave it to GNa to debut it... Hope you all enjoyed this!! Leave a comment or two and stay tuned for the next chapter!!