Chapter 2: Slow Motion.

All's Fair In Love and War.

 

 

 

"Slow Motion" 

Zico

 

I woke up on the dot. 6:00 AM.

 

Wait I’m on vacation…I’m supposed to be relaxing. I tried to close my eyes to fall asleep again but nothing worked. AIIIISSSSHHH. I got up and started jumping around. Trying to get tired, but my brain is so wired to waking up so early and working…

 

I walked around in pajamas in my apartment fully awake… I saw my punching bag with GD’s picture taped to it. “You wanna piece of me?” I said in my best gangster impersonation. “You’re going to have to deal with my fists…” I socked it. “Wow that was lame.”

 

I made breakfast at 6:34 AM.

 

Kimchi and eggs…haven’t had time to make this since I was in college. I walked over to my window and opened it. I inhaled a piece of the fresh air of Seoul...something smelt tasty. It smelt better than whatever I was making. 

 

I quickly did a couple pull-ups…then my ears picked up something. “OH MY GOD MY CUPCAKES!” 

 

 

 

Amelie

 

I slowly rolled out the fondant as I listened to the people walking by outside our kitchen window. The sound of people really calms me down while I’m baking.

 

“Aaaahhh” I sighed quietly as I glanced around our empty apartment. I placed the cupcake pan in the oven and set the oven to 350 degrees. “Now 15 minutes of boredom” I grabbed my cup of tea and looked out my window. Seoul is such a beautiful city, I’m quite fortunate. Even though Sophie and I don’t live in the best apartments, we still have a better view than the ‘rich’ people next door.

 

“Oooo hottie alert!” Sophie slid behind me and pointed at an open window. A shirtless man was doing pull-ups and his muscles were like little candy bars.  “It’s too bad I’m taken” She shook her head and then continued to purr at the stranger.

 

“He’s okay…” I tried to get a better view all I could see was bleached hair and muscles. “Hmmph…I need my glasses-oh my god my cupcakes!”

 

BEEP BEEP. The fire alarm went crazy and I fanned away the smoke as I opened the oven. “AIISSSSSH!” I cursed. “Mother of a hippopotamus!”

 

“Writing that one down!” Sophie ran to her little book. “Hippopotamus…” She chuckled lightly. “Oh Amelie your so weird”

 

“I’m not weird…” I pouted.

 

“You’re making cupcakes at 6:30 in the morning…that’s pretty weird” 

 

Narrator.

 

In a small park area Amelie and Sophie went on their annual Saturday jog. There pace was not matching and it seemed like Sophie always had the lead. It made Amelie angry because she’s naturally competitive. She tried and tried but she couldn’t match Sophie’s pace. Sophie was just a born natural runner.

 

“AIISSSHH!” Amelie threw a fit while they took a break.

 

“Oh Amelie your so cute!” Sophie smiled and then looked at her phone. “AH I was suppose to meet up with John, you don’t mind going home without me?”

 

“Nah it’s fine!~” Amelie shooed off her love struck best friend.

 

“Kay, be careful getting home and don’t talk to strangers!” Sophie jogged off leaving Amelie alone.

 

Amelie walked at her own pace down the path and just when she was about to grab her phone to call a cab but someone snagged it.

 

“Huh?” She blinked and looked in front of her to see a man.

 

“Here honey here’s my number you should call me-“ The ugly man smiled and started pressing his nasty fingers all over her phone.

 

“Um excuse me-“ She tried to grab her phone back but he held high in the air.

 

“OMO! Honey! You run so fast~” A man magically appeared at her eyes. “Yah? Who’s this?” He looked at her and she just stayed quiet. “Are you bothering my girlfriend?”

 

“Oh no! I didn’t know she had a boyfriend…sorry” He handed her back her phone and bowed.

 

“Uh…” Amelie turned around to thank her rescuer but he already started running.

 

“YAH!” Amelie called and then ran after him. “Excuse me!” She ran and she ran.

 

GD

 

I jogged with my hood up so no one would try to flirt with me. Yes I’m that handsome…I kept my distance between these two girls. One seemed to out running the other one. The other one seemed to be very pissed that she’s loosing. I know the feeling.

 

I stopped for a moment, took a sip of my water, and stretched for a bit. This vacation is pretty boring…I can just imagine Zico’s boredom right now. I glanced to my right and noticed the girl jogger looser was left alone by the winner. How rude…I glanced to my left and saw a creepy man walking towards her. That’s her taste in men? Ew. He snatched her phone right out of her hand and began to put in his number. She looked furious but didn’t know how to deal with it.

 

I hate when guys treat women like this...ungentle manlike.

 

GDRAGON TO THE RESCUE!

 

I walked over there and pretended to be her boyfriend…this is so cliché like those kdramas. As soon as the creep left I ran off.

 

It’s such a wonderful day. The sky is blue, the air is crisp, and no ones bugging me.

 

“EXCUSE ME!” The girl ran after me and I kept jogging. She needs to practice so she can beat her friend...

 

“YAH!”

 

 I felt something hit the back of my head. “The !” I held the back of my head in pain. “What’s wrong with you?”

 

I turned around to see her. She had white porcelain skin but it was red now in furry and covered in sweat. Her blue eyes that were ever so slightly covered by her messy ponytail starred at me in furry. She hopped over to me because what she threw at me was her shoe…

 

“What’s wrong with me?” She said in the cutest voice I’ve ever heard. “What’s wrong with you!? Do you think your life is a KDrama? People just don’t randomly do that without introducing themselves!-“

 

Honestly I tuned her out of my head…she reminds me of Zico. So naggy and loud…

 

“YAH! Are you listening to me?!”

 

“Crazy woman listen! I was just trying to help your scrawny ” I grabbed her shoe, marched over to her, grabbed her hand, and then placed it in her palm. “I don’t like when men treat women like that”

 

“I had it under control…”

 

“Ahahaha really? All you did was stand there!” I took off my hood and shook my head.

 

Amelie

 

The mystery man took off his hood and everything stopped.  I swear EXO’s “What is Love?” started playing. He has such a nice face, such a manly face. He had a tattoo creeping up his neck but I couldn’t see what it was.

 

“Slow motionnn~” I sung unknowingly.

 

“Are you singing?” He raised his eyebrows.

 

“No-uh cool tattoo.” I changed the subject.

 

“Uh thanks…well I’m going to get going” He nodded then started running.

 

Amelie your letting handsome face get away…If Sophie was here she would make you at least get digits. WOMAN UP! But I can’t. DO IT! He’s too handsome… YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL!

 

“Excuse me wait!-“

 

He turned around with a smirk on his face. “Yes?”

 

“I didn’t really thank you… Can I buy you coffee or something?”

 

“Nah I should get going-“

 

“Then take this!” I gave him a voucher from Sweeties. “You can get a free bake good and coffee!~”

 

“AH thanks!” He seemed actually excited. “My intern always goes to this place…I wanted to check it out- Oh sorry thinking out loud.” He smiled and I melted.

 

“Okay bye!” I started walking off.  

 

“Bye crazy lady~” He called.

 

“YAH!” I turned around and he already had disappeared. 

 

 

Did anyone get the EXO refrence?? I'm like in love with that song right now. Comment subscribe and whatever!!