Chapter 7 : Jessica.

All's Fair In Love and War.

 

"Jessica"

 

 

Amelie.

 

 

“Oh my god these bags are so heavy” Jessica threw them on the ground and then proceeded to drop dead on my couch.

 

“Uh-“

 

“AH this is so cute!” She picked up one of my Hello Kitty statues and started playing with it. “OMO” She dropped it and Kitty’s arm popped off. “Sorry I’ll pay you back when I get a job…job? JOB WAAAAAHHHHHH!” She started balling.

 

“Aishhhh why me?!” I hit my head against the wall. I bet your wondering why I have this sobbing chick in my house…

 

FLASHBACK.

 

 

“It’s going to be so weird without you being here…” I pouted as Sophie packed her stuff. “But I understand, you need to start your life with your lover~”

 

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay?” She lifted her bag.

 

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m just going to have to find a new roommate, I can’t pay this rent by myself…” I scratched my head.

 

“Well…remember my sister Jessica?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Well she just got cut off by my family and she’s in Seoul right now looking for a place to stay-“

 

“OH HELLLSS NO! She’s not staying here with me!” I crossed my arms. be cra-zy!

 

“She’ll pay full this month-”

 

“When can she move in.”

 

 

PRESENT.

 

“There there don’t cry” I patted her awkwardly on the back and handed her a tissue.

 

“It’s just so hard…” She whipped her eyes. “They just had to cut me off…I’m sorry Amelie. Let me make it up to you” She hugged me thightly.

 

“Oh were hugging now…” I mumbled as she clunged onto me.

 

“You’re so funny!~” She stood up. “Tonight me and you are going clubbing!”

 

“I have work in the morning-“

 

“GO GET DRESSED!”

 

……

 

I stared at myself in the mirror. “Really?”

 

“You look hot!~” She said while putting on her heals. “Let’s go party!”

 

I took one more look at myself in the mirror. This Jessica sure knows how to make a wreck look a million bucks. I smoothed out the dress and sighed. “Let’s do this…”

 

GD

 

“Ahhh” I squeezed my fist as the tattoo artist touched up my dragon on my side.

 

“So what new with you Mr. Kwon?” The young man said not taking his eyes off his artwork.

 

“I met a girl-“

 

“She got a big ?”

 

“YAH-ow”  I yelled.

 

“Just kidding man, done” He slapped my sore and I whined in pain.

 

“Where’s a good place to get a drink around here?”  I said as I slid on my jacket and glanced out at the dark night. 

 

“Just down the street. It’s like a dance club but it has some great drinks. Tell them Mick sent ya”

 

“Alright man thanks!”

 

 

 

Amelie.

 

 

“AH this is so much fun!” Jessica lifted her glass in the air. “Drink more Amelie!” She encouraged me but I was still working on my first drink. Men kept approaching me but I just ignored them.

 

“Excuse me” A man slipped by me to trying to get a drink. Then I noticed something about this man the tattoo going up his neck.

 

“Oppa?”

 

“Oh you’re calling me oppa now?” He smirked and then handed me a new drink. “Tell me if it’s to fruity”

 

“To fruity” I puckered my lips. “You can have it” I passed it back to him and he took a sip.

 

“Bleh” He stuck out his tongue. “This is gross…want a beer?”

 

“Sure” I nodded. “So what brings you here oppa?”

 

“Well I was just getting my tattoo touched up and my artist said to check this place out- kind of looks too young for my taste” He scratched his chin. I poked his chin, “Stubble” I giggled and he blushed.

 

“So what are you doing here?...dressed like this? Wow.” He stared at me for a moment and then started to take off his jacket. “Cover yourself…that dress is way too short.”

 

“Yah you’re not in charge of me” I refused and then took a sip of my beer. “The reason I’m here is because I got a new roommate.”

 

“A new roommate?” He raised his eyebrow.

 

“Mhm over there” I pointed over to where she was dancing with multiple guys. “She’s Sophie’s older sister”

 

“Seems like a wreck.” He said bluntly and then took another sip from his drink.

 

Jessica stumbled over to us and smiled at Ji-Yong. “Hello there! Amelie who is this? Your boyfriend?” She winked at me.

 

“I’m just a guy she’s been seeing- oh I’m Ji-Yong” They shook hands.

 

“Jessica” She smiled then gave me the ‘you go girl’ look. “Well my friend and I are going- *hiccup* to take this party elsewhere- care to join us?”

 

“Nah I need to get home…um I’ll see you later” I waved to everyone and then started to walk out.



“Hey!” Ji-Yong chased after me. “Let me walk you home-“

 

“Ji-Yong I’ve been having a really rough night I really need some time to think…you know I really like you, but please just give me this moment” I grabbed him by his muscular shoulders and then kissed him on the cheek. “I’ll see you around” I walked away.

 

Narrator.

 

 

Amelie walked barefoot down the empty streets of Seoul in her tight short dress.

 

 I feel like hooker. UGH why didn’t I ask Ji-Yong to walk me home…stupid AMELIE! But whould he do…he’s so tiny plus he wouldn’t hurt a fly.

 

She walked at a normal pace but then she noticed a crowd of men following her. She mad sure her underwear wasn’t hanging out and they weren’t just taking pictures. But she knew something was up.

 

“What’s a pretty girl like you doing out here all by herself?” One jogged up to her and blocked her way.

 

“Um just walking home. Uh excuse me” She tried to get by.

 

“Why leaving so soon hun…baby you need a man like me in your life” He lifted her chin and she got chills down her back.

 

“Please leave me the alone” She swiped his arm away and the drunk man didn’t respond well to that. He slapped her across the face and made her trip on her feet and fall to the ground.

 

“Don’t touch me bit-“

 

“Excuse me?” GD walked up smoothly. “How dare you speak to a woman like that- Amelie? Oh god are you alright?” He quickly helped her up and then noticed the giant red mark across her face.

 

Every ounce of his body shacked and his blood began to boil. The drunk man’s friends start to surround both of them.

 

“Something wrong pretty boy?” Drunky swung at GD but he caught his fist in a mid second.

 

“Ji-Yong don’t steep to there levels lets go back to my place-“ Amelie said trying to calm him.

 

“Amelie I’m going to kill him now so close your eyes NOW” GD growled and she slammed her eyes shut.

 

And with that the dragon came out…

 

Amelie opened her eyes to see all the men on the ground groaning in pain and covered in blood. GD walked over to her and grabbed her shoulders gently. Like she did to him. “Next time I’ll walk you home just ask me” He hugged her tightly. “I’m so sorry I didn’t get here sooner”

 

Amelie.

 

“Where are we going?” I blinked as I followed him.

 

“My place.”