Chapter 3: Drunken Nights.

All's Fair In Love and War.

"Drunken Nights"

Amelie.

 

It’s early…too early. Sophie wasn’t feeling good this morning so I have to run the morning shift by myself. It terrifying, I’m so weak and awkward. I finally found the key hole and opened up the door.

 

“UGGGGGHHHH” I shouted as I got everything ready for opening hour.  

 

espresso machine. Check.

 

Muffins in the oven. Check.

 

Menu clean. Check.

 

I looked at my phone it was 5:59 just a minute to opening, I walked over to the open neon sign light. “We are open~” I turned it on and went back to my station. I grabbed my book, put on my glasses, and got comfortable. No one shows up to the café in till 7ish- DING DONG.

 

“Hello? Are you guys open?” His voice filled the empty space…it was tattoo guy, he actually came. Right on the dot to…Wait why am I on the ground hiding? I quickly stood up, took off my glasses, and smiled. “Hello welcome to Sweeties!~”

 

“Oh so you work here” He leaned on the counter.

 

“Yes I do.” I ignored the fact he’s wearing a tank top that showed off his muscular arms and I could see his tattoo better.

 

“I can take it off for you ya know” He winked.

 

“YAH. I just keep wondering what your tattoo is” I shook my head in pity.

 

“It’s a dragon.” He scratched his head as he read the menu. “I’ll just take a cup of coffee and one of those blueberry scones.”

 

“For here or to go?” Please say to go…please say to go.

 

“Hmm for here” He nodded. “And I’ll pay with this coupon. Some crazy woman gave it to me”

 

I snatched the coupon. “Well that crazy woman was very generous”

 

He sat down at the bar that was right next to where I was working. He watched my every move, like he was so intrigued.

 

“So are you going to give me your name?”  

 

“Kwon Ji-Yong…but my friends call me GD.”

 

“Nice to meet you Ji-Yong, my name is –“ I placed his coffee and food in front of him.

 

“Park Amelie” He took a sip of his coffee.

 

“How’d you know-“

 

“You’re wearing a name tag silly” He shook his head. “So how long have you worked here?”

 

“As soon as it opened. My friend and I run this place.” I smiled and he nodded.

 

“Wow this scone is delicious” He devoured it very cutely. “So Amelie what do normal people do on vacation?”

 

“Are you on vacation?”

 

“Yeah I got 3 months off…”

 

“Wow, um I would either spend it with love ones or maybe go on a little trip” I nodded taking a sip of my coffee.

 

“Love ones? I don’t have any…nor friends” He said in a serious tone.

 

“Maybe it’s your attitude” I stuck out my tounge.

 

“Yah is that anyway to speak to a guest” He pretended to be hurt. “I’m going to report you-“

 

“OH AMELIE!~” Seungri sang as he walked in. “Oh sorry I didn’t realize you customers excuse me-YAH why are you here?” He pointed at Ji-Yong.

 

“Can’t a man get some coffee?” Ji-Yong raised his hands.

 

“Well not at this time, shouldn’t you be sleeping in?” Seungri shook his head and then handed me the list. “You’re looking lovely this morning Amelie”

 

“Aw thank you Seungri!” I beamed. AH I love it when he comes in.

 

“So you two know each other?” Ji-Yong said with a little bit of jealously in his voice.

 

“Yeah, Seungri comes in here all the time to get coffee for his pig bosses”

 

Seungri started laughing while covering his face. “Amelie, GD is one of my bosses. That’s how I know him”

 

My face turned bright red. “OMO I’m so sorry”

 

“AH your blushing is so cute!~” Seungri laughed.

 

“Yah I leave you alone for an hour you’re surrounded by handsome men!” Sophie ran in with a basket full of coffee.

 

“Sophie…” I growled as I made Seungri’s order.

 

As soon as Ji-Yong and Seungri left Sophie went crazy. “OMO who was that?”

 

“Oh that was Seungri, he comes here all the time I surprised you haven’t noticed-“

 

“YAH stop being stupid who was the piece of hunk man candy that was totally flirting with you!”

 

“He wasn’t flirting-“


“He was sitting at the counter no one does that except old people and women who want to talk about their children! So details missy.”

 

I told her the jogging story and everything…she just smiled. “Wow I should leave you alone more often! So how would you describe him in cake form?”

 

“Again with this weird question…” I shook my head. “He’s like a devil’s food cake, filled with strawberries, and topped with a plain whipped cream…oh and sprinkles!”

 

“Ahhh remember were going out to dinner tonight with John!”

 

“I remembered.” I shook my head.

 

Narrator.

 

 

“AH this is so much fun” Amelie smiled as she looked around the bar and ignored the men checking her out.

 

“Amelie your look as gorgeous as ever!” John complemented her and she nodded.

 

“Why thank you! Your looking quite dashing yourself sir” She laughed.

 

“YAH I’m right here you two!” Sophie interjected. “We all look fabulous!”

 

“To being faboulous!” Amelie toasted with her champagne. Everyone took a drink except Sophie… “Your not drinking…”

 

“Third time’s a charm” John and Sophie smiled.

 

 “OH MY GOD!” She freaked out and stood up. “Excuse me everyone! I’m going to be AUNTY! I’M GOING TO BE AN AUNTY!”

 

Everyone clapped and then things went back to normal.

 

BEEP BEEP.

 

“AH …” John looked down at his pager, John is a doctor. “Someone needs me! You two have fun” He kissed Sophie and ran off.

 

“Drink up!” Sophie encouraged.

 

After a few drinks Amelie got totally wasted…

 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay?” Sophie said to the drunken Amelie.

 

“Yeah I’ll be fine-*burp* I already called a cab- Go just go!” She threw her arms up shooing her friend away.

 

Zico.

 

 

“Have a great day!” The cashier waved as I walked out the store. I got everything I needed for brunch with Ji-Yong tomorrow…wow that sounds really gay. Whatever…

 

“Hey angel you da y!” A woman’s voice yelled at me.

 

“Excuse me-“ I turned around to see a small fragile looking woman. Beside the fact she was extremely drunk she was extremely beautiful. “Um miss are you alright?” I offered my arm.

 

“No everything going black-“ She passed out in my arms. She smells so good…like sugar.

 

“UGH.” I looked around and quickly picked her up bridal style. “I feel like a …”

 

Amelie.

 

 

I woke up on a bench…I can’t remember anything or where I was. “OH good you’re up, here” A man handed me a bottle of water. “I’m not trying to you…I’m an officer” He showed me his badge.

 

“Oh that’s reassuring…” I giggled. “But I wouldn’t mind being by you-*hiccup* you y boy”

 

He was completely gorgeous…like an angel.

 

“Wow your still hitting on me?” He laughed. “Well you’re not that bad yourself.”

 

“Is that so?” I winked and he laughed again.

 

“That’s the alcohol talking” He patted me on the head. “Where do you live? Is there anyone I can call?”

 

“You can call Sophie, she’s got her life figured out and EVERYTHING! She’s pregnant and has a doctor fiancé! And what do I have? A job as a baker and no social life!” I yelled on the verge of tears.

 

“Oh don’t cry. Maybe you just need to get out there more. If it makes you feel any better I don’t really have friends”

 

“WHAT? How do you not have friends your gorgeous! I’m just a wreck!” I stood up and started walking.

 

“YAH where are you going?!”

 

“Home! I just live down the block-woah” I tripped on something but he quickly caught me. “What are you a vampire?”

 

“No…but something close to that” He smiled reassuring.

 

“You’re a vampire- that’s why you’re so good looking!” 

 

"Okay...whatever you say" He held onto me so I didn't fall. 

 

 

I wanna say thank you to my subscribers!!~ 

Lillylemon

SWEETTART

FrozenEssence

HappiEmerald

<3 <3 

 

Please comment and share~