Chapter 1: French Fries.

All's Fair In Love and War.

 

"French Fries"

 

 

Zico

 

 

“Turn left at the next exit” GD pointed in front of my face with his greasy fingers. “Mmm I love French fries” He said with a mouthful of food. I cringed at the sound, trying hard not to gag at his nasty eating habits. “You want some?” He offered his food.

 

“No.” I said calmly. Zico don’t lose your cool, it’s too early in the morning. All we want to do is get to headquarters and get to work.

 

“Hey where’s your cup holders?” He looked around swinging his fries everywhere.

 

“I don’t have one”

 

“OMO! What the hell do you mean you don’t have one? 80,000 dollars for this car and you don’t have any cup holders? My god” He said in that annoying voice of his.

 

“105,000 dollars actually and this happens to be the fastest car on production on the planet, it’s limited edition.”

 

“Damn right it’s limited…no freaking cup holders? Shoot…” He shook his head.

 

I turned the wheel quickly making a sharp turn. At the turn he dropped the bag of greasy potato slivers and they went all over my dashboard and the floor of the car.


 

“Ahhh man I’m sorry-“ He lifted his hands.

 

 I slammed my breaks, pulled over, and took off my sunglasses. “What the hell? Do you know how much this car cost? That is Italian leather!...get it.”  I demanded. GD rolled his eyes and started to pick them up.

 

“Your one messed up rich boy”

 

“YAH don’t you be calling me a rich boy it’s not my fault I’m from wealth!”

 

Suddenly in the corner of my eyes a gorgeous woman in a short dress and heels walked slowly by the car. We both shut up for a minute…but something was wrong. CLICK. Two men out our windows had guns pointed at us.

 

“Get the out of the car” One man said on my side. He was short with a weird afro going on. The man on GD’s side was huge ten times the size of him.

 

“…” I rubbed my forehead.

 

 “The !” GD yelped at the man.

 

 “We’ve been having a bad week so just get the out of the car” The afro man said.

 

“DAMN!” GD faced his shooter and looked at him. “What you weigh in? 350? You probably eat a lot of fried chicken.”

 

 “Hey-“ I tried to shut him up.

 

“Why do I always get the big guys!?” He shouted and took a sip of his soda.

 

“GET OUT OF THE CAR NOW!” Afro yelled.

 

“Alright alright!” We both got out and shut the doors.

 

“This is some funny ; right now your stealing from federal agents” I laughed.

 

“Well I’m a standup comedian and I ing , so I need your car!” Afro yelled.

 

“Hey! I’m no rich tailor suit wearing boy; I just hang out with stupid people who drive stupid cars that cause a lot of god damn attention!”

 

“I’m about to jump over this car and beat the living crap out of you!” I yelled at GD.

 

“You’re arguing me over a French fry!”

 

“It’s not about the French fry it’s about your lack of respect for other people’s property!”

 

“HEY HEY!” Fat boy started to yell.

 

“That is stupid-HOLD THE ON!” GD yelled at him and continued to yell at me.  “You wanna go? Bring it on pretty boy!”

 

Suddenly we both turned around. I socked afro man in the head and knocked him to the ground. While GD took the more classer approach and kicked him in his family jewels.  We pulled out our guns and pointed it at them. “YOU LIKE THAT FATTY!” GD yelled.

 

“God damn were going to be late for work and again and get stuck with paperwork” I cursed under my breath.

 

“That’s fine I don’t feel like killing anybody today” GD smiled and then kicked fatty in the head.

 

 

Amelie

 

"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name. Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love and I'll no longer be a Capulet." I read out loud with passion, feeling every word Shakespeare wrote with his feather pin.

 

“Oh give me a break!” Sophie shook her head in disapproval with a smile plastered on her face.

 

“AH a contradiction my dear Sophie! You smile yet you shake your head therefore you are a…” I leaned closer to her smirking face and whispered. “A hypocrite!”

 

“Yah you and your stories…I should call you Sherlock Holmes” She pinched my nose and I yelped in shock. “Come on our breaks over, back to work!”

 

I glanced around our small yet popular café. I remember when Sophie first opened this place. She always dreamt about it when we were in High School. She told me I could bake all the baked goods and she could run the front.

 

Sophie and I have been inseparable ever since the first day we’ve met, something just clicked.

 

“Hahaha look at Amelie” A boy walked toward me and I buried myself in my book. This boy was the snake from Harry Potter; if I don’t make any type of movement he won’t notice me. But I guess I was wrong… “YAH Amelie! What kind of name is that?!” He pushed me.

 

“It’s French…” I looked up from my book. “My mother was from France-“

 

“You’re such a dork!” One of his friends grabbed my book and thru it on the ground.

 

“YAH LEAVE HER ALONE!” A squeaky voice chimed up and they all looked behind them to find, Sophie. My heroine.

“Oh why should I?”

 

“Do you think you’re so perfect?” She walked up to the bully. “Look at the way you dress my guess is that you come from a lower class family…like Amelie and I. So why pick on someone at your own place in society?” She glared at the boy…but instead of the boy coming up with something to insult Sophie he walked away crying.

 

Sophie has always had a way with words…it’s her greatest weapon.

 

 

“Amelie?” A familiar voice perked my ears and I instantly smiled seeing him.

 

“Ahhh Seungri the intern how’s things?” I smiled at the usual customer.

 

“Decent…it’s just this job is killing me!” He leaned on the counter as I made the orders he provided on the list.

 

“Seungri you have bags under your eyes~” Sophie teased from the espresso machine. 

 

“Don’t remind me…I can’t steal the ladies hearts with these things under my eyes” He pointed to his swollen eye sockets.

 

I’ll have to admit Seungri is extremely attractive, but like boy next door attractive.  But he has no interest in me which is fine because I have no interest in him.

 

BEEP BEEP. Seungri rapidly looked at his phone and groaned loudly. “I swear I wish I could quit this freakin job”

 

“Order up~” Sophie placed the coffee in front of me and I suddenly thought of something. I quickly ran to the pastry bin and grabbed the freshest blueberry scone. I wrapped it up fast while walking back to him.

 

“Here on the house-“ He was gone and the money was on the counter. Exact cash and change. “Bwoh? No tip?” I shook my head.

 

“That scone is coming out of your salary missy.”

 

Seungri.

 

 

I finally made it back to headquarters. With my hands balancing fresh coffee I manage to slide my ID card into the door. I run in. But stop and type in my ID pin for the first door. As soon as the metal door opens I run in, but it catches my coat.

 

“God dammit!” I curse under my breath. I looked at my watch…I’m going to be late. I decided to ditch my jacket in the door. Just a dress shirt and tie.

 

“Uh hello!” I called into the empty conference room.

 

CLICK. I turned my head ever so slightly to be staring down the barrel of gun.

 

“Really? GD this is the best you can do?” I shook my head and placed the coffee on the table. “Enjoy”

 

“You’re not fun anymore!” GD pouted and grabbed his black coffee. But then I noticed a simple smirk on his face then I turned around to see Zico.

 

“Hello there” He suddenly grabbed me in a headlock.

 

“YAH THIS IS HARRASMENT AT THE WORK PLACE!” I didn’t even try to break free.

 

 

These men are highly trained international spies. Deadly killers and weapon masters. Everything you can imagine…except people skills.

 

GDragon is the highest ranked officer in his fleet. He joined the military right when he was 18, ever since he was kid he wanted to be a hero. He’s trained in every type of martial art you can think of…they say when he was a kid he was a huge thug but straightened out his life. But he’s a huge softy…I swear that man aegyos more than my little sister… They call him GDragon because when you make him angry a dragon of power kills you.

 

While Zico seems to be the chill, yet deadly type. Zico is the son of the chief so he’s instantly the most popular agent in the field. Total daddies boy.

 

“Attention!” Chief walked into the conference room.

 

“Oh I’ll excuse myself” I bowed and started out but Chief stopped me.

 

“I need someone to witness this.” He patted me on the back.

 

“Agents you’re the highest rank operatives in your class but I was looking at your files…it seems like you both lack in something…vacation”

 

“VACATION?” Zico spat. “Sir with all due respect all I want to do with my life is protect my country”

 

“Well we have other agents to do that.” Chief took a sip of his coffee.

 

“How much time are we talking?” GD stood up.

 

“Three months-“

 

“PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHH”

 

They all spat out there coffee.

 

“BWOH??? What are we suppose to do for three months?” GD slammed his fist on the table.

 

“I don’t know go out of town or maybe make some friends. Okay I’m out” Chief peaced out and left the two spies’ dumbfounded.

 

“So…what’s your guys plans?” I looked around.

 

“I don’t know…I don’t have a social life really” Zico rubbed his forehead. “Seungri what do normal people do?”

 

“Wait, were calling Seungri normal?” GD laughed loudly. “That’s funny Zico…”

 

A nice idea popped into my head… “Here since you’re not going to be at the office, here are the places where I buy your favorite things”

 

I wrote down a list.

 

“Sweeties Café? Where is that at?” GD looked at his coffee cup.

 

“Just down the block really…it’s a real nice place the owners are very nice! Oh and the bake goods are really good.”

 

“Well thanks…I guess we should go pack our stuff”

 

“woo vacation”