16th - I want to see her

20 1st Quizzes (VIXX N FanFiction)

16th Quiz - I want to see her

After the father and daughter has left the hospital, Hakyeon decided to take a sip of want he got from the vending machine. Quickly opening the can, he took several gulps of Caramel Macchiato which resulted to him squinting his eyes because of too much sweetness.

"I'm really not a fan of these." He mused. 

Why did you choose it then? A part of his mind mocked. 

He sighed before sitting on the hospital bed this time. "I don't know myself."

--

Right after leaving the Hospital, the young teacher went to the nearest Coffee Shop at night, looking at the menu board to find his choice of interest. 

"Can I have a double espresso, please?" He asked the cashier, looking down after finding his usual order. 

"One double espresso coming right up!"

--

He logged onto his SNS account several nights after the incident with Yong Haneul to hear some news from the university. True enough, the midterms are just around the corner, meaning hell week is fast approaching. Instead of grimacing, like how other college students would usually do, Hakyeon reached for his phone instead, resting on top of his bed. 

He heard the other line ring three times before someone answered finally.

"Hello?" 

"Oh. Young Master!" It was Mr. Jang. How are you?

He smiled hearing his voice. "I'm fine. I've adjusted to the place finally. I'm enjoying my stay here." He said. 

The old man chuckled. "Ah, really? Ms. Yanghee told us you really are enjoying your stay there. Were the people good to you?"

He smiled again. 'They're helping me much, Mr. Jang. By the way, I'm going home for midterms." He announced, waiting for the man to answer. "I'm sire Madame Cha will be glad!" 

That night, Cha Hakyeon slept with a wide smile on his face. 

--

Hakyeon kept on subtly checking out Haneul's uniform. He frowned. Why isn't there milk stains anymore? Did she actually brought two sets of uniform?

He stood up straight when she spoke. "I don't know what to say..." 

--

"That's twice already!" 

"Huh?" 

"That you called me 'Haneul-ah!'" Hakyeon all of a sudden let go of her sleeves, looking away in embarrassment. She was younger than him so he thought. 

Was he supposed to just call her Yong Haneul-ssi?

He actually prefer calking her 'Haneul-ah'

He shook his head mentally. Get your focus back.

"Ah right! The midterms!" He saw her frowning at him. Why though? Did he say something weird?

"Do well on your midterms and I'll take you out on a date!" He got surprised when she suddenly snarled at him. 

"Are you seriously-" she stopped. He frowned, recovering from surprise. "How would I do well on Midterms? I was absent like 'for the half of the semester already!'" She glared at him, huffing. 

Hakyeon frowned, but refused to back down. "Exactly. Show me that you improved, study your lessons! If you need to borrow notes from your classmates, do it! You'll be able to catch up with the current lessons if you actually try." He turned more serious this time. "I told you before right? I don't want eyesores on your report card." He said, looking down at her. 

She looked up at him, eyes intense.
"Fine! I'll do it!Make sure to take me out on a memorable date!" She snarled yet again, finally walking ahead, leaving him behind. He followed her her movements with his vision. 

All of a sudden, she started charging towards him. His frown deepened when she came near. Next, his eyes bulged out of its sockets when he felt yanking on his collar, their faces inches away from each other. 

He looked down at her, surprised as she looked up at him with wide eyes. 

1

2

3

What was she doing? Is she crazy?

5

6

And she let his collar go, still wide eyes even when she directed her gaze towards the ground. He saw her placing her hand in top of her heart. 

Her actions made him lose his mind, seriously.

Just when he thought that it was over,Yong Haneul repeated the same action earlier. Only this time, she stand on her tippy toes when he refused to lean down, as he was caught off guard by how she acted. He moved away from her, causing the girl to lean her body against him, looking at him as if he was the only thing she could see.

He looked away even he could feel himself melt with the way she was looking at him. 

Soon, he sensed the girl frowning before finally letting him go, continuing on her tracks. 

As she walked away from him, he finally saw another blazer sticking out of her shoulder bag. His brows rose up in realization. 

She was bringing her other set of uniform.

But, what's wrong with me?

--

Hakyeon walked with less enthusiasm that day. It was his dream university before, right? So why was he walking at the hallway with no interest at all?

If somebody would asked the Cha Hakyeon from four months ago, he would probably beam at you and boast about the school's facility and how great were the teachings here. 

But right now, wherever he went, the only thing that registered in his mind was Yong Haneul's absence. She was nowhere to be found. 

There was no Haneul to wait for him outside of his classroom after every lectures. There was no Haneul behind the windowpane whenever he looks out the window. There was no Haneul to wait for him outside the school gates when he decided to go out of the school late. There was no Haneul to eat together with him or get a coffee together with him. 

There was no Haneul to smile, glare, or even look away from him. And he was getting crazy as the days passed by. 

--

Hakyeon kept his head hung low even as he stepped out of the lecture hall. After leaving for Seoul few days ago, he came back to his old self. The intelligent guy who has no friends at all. 

He didn't mind it though, he was used to it already anyway. His way of thinking can never be compared to his classmates as they were much older than him he realized. 

A pair of shoes in in front of him, seeming as if the owner is waiting for him, made him furrow his brows. 

Yong Haneul?

He took his time lifting his gaze from the shoes, to her legs, her torso before finally setting his eyes on the stranger's face. 

"Let's get some coffee!" She beamed at him.

--

Hakyeon studied her suspiciously, even after Yanghee finally sat in front of him. The two were currently inside a cafe across the university after she dragged him there, taking no for an answer. He sighed, before reaching for his cup of coffee. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She queried. He scoffed before finally breaking away from her stare. "What's this? Did you just scoff at me?" She asked, incredulous. 

The male looked at her this time. "You're just convince me into joining yet again!" He scowled. The girl rolled her eyes at him. 

"I've told you I'll join alone, right? So why are you making a fuss?" 

Hakyeon never falter from scowling. He was feeling weird actually. He knew Yanghee had an agenda into bringing her out. 

She huffed this time, finding her childhood friend unbelievable. "Can't I actually go out with my childhood friend? Am I not allowed to miss him? You're not making any sense, Cha Hakyeon!" She exclaimed. 

--

Soon, the two friends decided to call it a day and go home. Hakyeon took slow and careful steps down the stairs as he kept his senses alert. Who knows, she might jump on him again. He looked back when he finally reached the bottom of the stairs and then looked behind. 

"Isn't Mr. Go picking you up?" He asked with raised brows. That's actually weird. He was supposed to always go wherever the girl went or would immediately arrive if she called him to fetch her home. 

She shook her lightly. "Nope. I told him I'll walk with you." With this statement, she started walking in the pavement, the guy's eyes widened, quickly deciding to follow her.

"Walk?" She stopped to look at him. "Are you crazy?!" She smiled at his reaction. He shook his head. 

"The distance from here to our house is 5 kilometers, and you're telling me that we'll walk?!" Hakyeon stepped in front of her, blocking her way when she just raised both brows at him. "Do you want us to die?"

She rested both her palms on his shoulders, grinning at him. "Why? You're the only one who'd die, weakling." Then she walked past him again. 

Hakyeon touched his shoulders before frowning again. He turned around and followed her disappearing figure.

"Yah Jo Yanghee!" He whined. 

--

Fifteen minutes on their walking, Cha Hakyeon found himself exhausted. He considered the idea of calling Mr. Jang to drive him home but learning that he's with Yanghee would only make the butler go against it, as every personnel in the house actually root for the two to get married in the future ever since they were in diapers. 

He dared not look behind him anymore as he was sure she would mock him once she saw his awful face. 

He stopped on walking when a tug at the back of his shirt. He turn towards her only to have her other hand stopping him by his left shoulder. 

"Stay that way," she spoke. 

Hakyeon was bewildered as this gesture. Soon, his eyes widened when he felt her press her forehead in his back. 

What's this?

"We're eighteen now," she started, breathing in his scent that has always calmed her wherever and whenever. 

"We're all grown up now. We're old enough already." She smiled uneasily. Hakyeon didn't like where this talk is directed. 

"Yang-"

"So, I hope you consider the engagement with me, now." She heaved a long sigh when she finally let out the words she had been meaning to tell him ever since his return. 

She didn't know when did she find the courage to tell him all of these, but all she knows was that the girl from Daegu isn't just a normal student. She sensed something off from her. She felt jealous of her, as if she was going to take the guy away from her. 

"I really really like you, Hakyeon. Ever since the first time we met. Actually, I can't ever imagine a life without you. You were there even before I became aware of the world." She closed her eyes, calming her pounding heart.

"I'm sorry." She opened her eyes, hearing him speak after her confession. 

Hakyeon looked down with a conflicted expression on his face. He knows he was with Jo Yanghee and yet when she (kind of? he thinks) confessed to him, Ying Haneul's smiling face registered in his mind. He didn't get himself either. Why has her confession suddenly reminded him of her?

"I really like you." 

Suddenly, standing in front of Yanghee, knowing very well now that she liked him romantically felt very wrong. He felt as if he was betraying Haneul. But why? They weren't anything at all.

They're not on a relationship, or in a commitment? Or why did he felt disgusted of his self all of a sudden?

He willed his self to look at her finally. "I'm sorry." He started. "I'm really thankful that you felt that way towards me. I appreciate your feelings, and feel the sincerity of your words. Its just that," he huffed, combing his hair after. "I can't reciprocate your feelings."

--

After the talk with Jo Yanghee, the girl smiled bitterly at him before announcing her leave, asking him to contact Mr. Go for her, her personal driver. The guy, not knowing want to do, simply nodded his head then did was he was told. 

He too, finally decided to call Mr. Jang and asked for a lift.

--

Hakyeon leaned his forehead on his study table one evening when he was studying for his exams. He didn't know why but whenever he tried to concentrate, Yong Haneul's voice or her face would always come inside his mind. He grimaced because he was seriously getting crazy. 

He went into the kitchen to calm his nerves because he was losing his mind. Must be because of the terms on the lessons. He sighed then leaned in the island counter studying the place. 

Everybody is probably asleep by now. He smirked at the thought, even if he will be here in the morning, nothing will change anyway. The house looks empty. 

He got back to his room to finally do some serious reviewing. He sat back down again and then turn the pages of his book where the highlighted information were. He was nearing the end of the topic after hours of studying. He smiled proudly at this thought. 

Just then, Yong Haneul's agreement made it's way to his head.

"How would I do well on Midterms? I was absent like 'for the half of the semester already!" 

He didn't know what came into his mind when a sudden funny thought crossed his mind. He pulled open his drawers and then searched for free notebooks where he could write. 

--

Hakyeon leaned his head on his elbows as he looked out the windows of the lecture hall. He can't seem to focus on his classes even if he want to. 

I want to see her, a stupid part of his mind hollered. 

His eyes widened and he slapped his self hard on the face. 

Stop it, he mentally cursed. 

Since the lecture hall was quiet, all heads turned towards him when he suddenly slapped his cheeks. He mouthed a quick 'sorry' before grabbing one of his books to cover his face. 

God, that was embarrassing. 

--

I want to see her.

He kept on musing in his head followed by a quick curse from him all the while he climbed towards his bedroom. 

At the bottom of the stairs, Mr. Jang his personal butler and Mrs. Lee looked at each other horridly before letting out "did he just curse?!" At the same time. 

--

He slumped down on bed, laying on his back as he stared at the ceiling. 

I want to see her.

He ruffled his hair in frustration before rolling on his side because he was seriously going crazy. He caught sight of the reviewers he made on top of his study table. 

He didn't know what cane into him when he decided to summarize midterm lessons for the middle schools. He just found his self calling and ringing the teachers at Kam Ye Sun middle school to ask for a copy of their lessons. Soon, he found himself scribbling and doodling something's in the notebooks overnight. His body exhausted, and yet his heart rested. 

He sat up abruptly when a funny idea cane into his mind.

-📗-

A/N: ho ho, what could that idea be? You guys would probably know by now. Anyways, did you see Yanghee's confession coming? I didn't. That just came out last minute actually. 

So how was this chapter? There is still a second part to it so hang in there.