Letter Eighty-Three—Baekhyun

Paper Airplanes

Dear Chanyeol,

 

It’s December 5th.

Sorry I didn’t respond as quickly as I do. I told you that school is getting busy and I didn’t have a chance to respond. I feel bad when I don’t respond right away, since it makes me feel like I’m making you wait so long for a letter back (I’m sure I’m just being nervous and worried).

I’m going to buy you a Christmas gift, so give me an idea of what you want. Also, if you could buy my ticket, my bank account would GREATLY appreciate the donation to the Baekhyun is Broke Fund. Unfortunately, there hasn’t been many donations recently, so the fund’s been kinda low recently. I knew I shouldn’t have spent money on video games. My bank account is suffering! I don’t think having $6.47 in your account is a healthy amount to keep in there.

I’m sure my mom would be fine with me going to Ulsan for Christmas. I mean, my dad was living in Toronto (it’s in Canada) for school when my mom turned eighteen. She booked a flight and stayed with him for a bit before they got married. But that was a while ago, where the soul killings weren’t nearly as common. I’m not saying you’re going to kill me, but it’s an egging feeling in the back of my mind. I can’t help and be paranoid over it.

If I go to Ulsan, though, I’d have to stay with you, because Baek-beom is staying with his in-laws, and it would such to plan an extra person coming on such short notice. Knowing how much my in-laws love Baek-beom and my family, they’d be fine with it, but I don’t want to intrude. It’ll be the first time since Shin-hye’s birth that they’ll see her, so I’ll let them have their quality time. I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if I bunked with you for a bit, would you.

I’m actually sending this letter form Dong-gu today. I’m walking there today, even though it’s cold as balls out. I haven’t sent one from there in a while, so I want to start sending my letters from there. I feel like I’m just fulfilling a legacy thing, you know? Considering my mom sent hers from there, and Baek-beom sent his from Dong-gu too.

I hope Kyungsoo is okay. Tell him I say hi back! Maybe when I come to Ulsan, I can visit him. I know I’ve never met him before, but I feel like I should. My friends are your friends and your friends are my friends, you get me? I’m glad they are enthusiastic to meet me. I’m sure they want to meet me and interrogate me, to make sure I’m the ‘perfect match’ for you. If they do that, I’ll fight them with my ‘dainty woman hands’, as Jongdae calls them (I have really, really small hands).

School is so hard. I had to dissect a pig the other day and it was gross. I didn’t like seeing the insides of the pig and just thinking about cutting a dead baby pig makes me sad. I know it was bred for science, but I can’t help but think it could have had a life, playing in mud. I’m emotional over a baby pig, what the hell? Math is weird too. I mean, I’m not bad at it, but it’s just time consuming.

I would love to hear you play the guitar. I can play some guitar too and the piano, but I stopped when I was 13 or 14. It just didn’t interest me anymore. Maybe I’ll learn a song ot play for you and serenade you with my sick tunes. Knowing me, though, I’ll probably just learn Wonderwall or something and sing it with my voice cracking.

I have to start practicing! I’ll study and drive Wonderwall into my brain!

 

Love,

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

P.S.: For Christmas, I would like a new video game. I’ll send a separate letter for all the video games I currently don’t have. It’ll be pretty long. Have fun reading it, Chanyeol.