Letter Eighty-Four—Baekhyun

Paper Airplanes

Dear Chanyeol,

 

YOU PUT THE PHOTO OF ME ON YOUR PHONE, SERIOUSLY?? I DIDN’T EXPECT THAT. I had to get that out of the way, first of all. Second of all, thank you for calling me cue. You’re hot, though, so I mean, I have no competition.

It’s December 10th, 15 days until Christmas.

I get out of school for my winter holidays on the 15th and I don’t go back until I think January 28th? It’s a long, welcomed break! I’m so done with school and studying and sitting for 16 hours a day. Everything is overwhelming and I’m starting to reconsider my view on dropping out and becoming a stripper. Maybe I will just do that (I’m kidding, but I’m just so done with school).

I’m sorry I’m so materialistic. It’s not my fault I beat my video games in a day. I’m also sad you can’t make me the supreme ruler of Fiji. ‘Supreme Ruler Byun Baekhyun and his trusted soulmate, Park Chanyeol’ has a good ring to it. Also, buying the moon was just a joke. The moon is international territory, it’s in a treaty or something that the States signed with Russia or someone.

The Baekhyun is Broke Fund is still pretty empty (Jongdae and I got ramen the other day after cram school and that cost like, A TON). I don’t think I can get you a guitar, but I can probably get you something that won’t break the bank. I’ll save up to get you a guitar.

Okay, I’m glad I don’t have to buy a motel and sleep there when I visit you. I could sleep in the guest room, or I can sleep on your floor. I’ve slept in some pretty weird places, specifically Jongdae’s bathtub. That was a hard night.

Thanks for not blaming me about being worried. It’s just after the soul killing that happen just down the road from me, I’ve been a little paranoid. I’m too in love with the concept of soulmates that I can’t even think about killing you.

When I come down, we could have your friends over and have a giant sleepover. I would LOVE to meet them, just from everything you’re saying about them. Maybe next time, you can come up to Seoul and meet Jongdae and Minseok. Talking about Minseok, before me and Jongdae went out for ramen, Minseok met up with Jongdae and Jongdae insisted I came alone with them. I think he feels like I’m being left out since he had a soulmate that lives so close, but it’s not that bad. I think I’d be a lot sadder if you lived in like, Norway or France.

My whole family wants to meet you, too. I talk about you all the time and I think my parents are just tired of me talking bout you, as well. It’s weird how similar we are, I just realized that. It never occurred to me how similar we are until about thirty seconds ago.

Excuse you, my superb guitar playing will not make your ears bleed. It will lift you to Nirvana and bless you. But, if you could teach me, it would be VERY beneficial. I’m better at piano than guitar, I probably should just learn Wonderwall on the piano.

My mom also told me that superstition, but it was when Baek-beom first sent his letters. It was before social media was really a thing, but email was a thing. It was along the same lines, “Sharing social media or sharing your address before you meet will curse you and your soulmate.” I think it was a lot more about just being safe and being careful who you meet, especially now a days, but I believe it can curse you. Which is why I haven’t given you my Instagram or anything else. Good to know we have the same superstitions too.

I just realized, do photos count for the curse? Oh, boy. I hope to the Soulmate God that we just didn’t curse ourselves.

You should probably send the ticket soon, so I can spend as much time in Ulsan with you. I’m super excited, Chanyeol. You have no idea how excited I am. Like, I’m so excited, nothing has ever excited someone this much before. I am ECSTATIC.

 

Love,

 

Byun Baekhyun

 

P.S.: Studying right now and I hate it. Kill me now.