Letter Eleven—Baekhyun

Paper Airplanes

Dear Soulmate,

 

It’s me Baekhyun. Again. Obviously, it’s me. I’m the only one that can send you paper airplanes.

It’s July 16th. I’m starting to think my baby theory was right.

It’s already July and you haven’t responded. I mean, you probably have a life, or the letters are taking their time to arrive. Or maybe you’re dating someone and you don’t want to think about me right now. Or you're a newborn that can barely hold your head up. Which is okay. It’s okay with me. AH, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! THIS IS WHY I SHOULDN'T WRITE MY LETTERS IN PEN . BEING A BABY IS NOT OKAY WITH ME! I MEANT IT TO IF YOU'RE DATING SOMEONE ELSE!

I’m starting second semester in a few weeks. It's been a hot summer, Jongdae and I went to a fair a few days ago. He ate way too much and threw up on the train home. He probably got heat , too. We were outside for a good five hours without drinking water. I used to get really bad heat when I was little, a lot of my summers were filled with throwing up. I always put on sunscreen, though. Skin cancer will never get me, ha!

My break has been fun so far. My sister-in-law is getting bigger by the day. They still haven’t decided on a name, which is stupid. They've been toying with Shin-hye and Eun-chae. I don't like those ones, to be honest. I’m still rooting for Ye-rin, despite my sister-in-laws utter hate for that name. it, lady! I like Ye-rin and I will call my niece that, no matter her name.

I hope you don’t find me annoying, Soulmate. A lot of people find me obnoxious. I’m sure you’ll like me, since we’re soulmates. We’re made for each other, so I don’t think you’ll hate me. I’m just worried that you’ll be like one of those people who kill their soulmate. Please don’t do that. Thanks!

I’ll send you another letter later.

 

Love,

Byun Baekhyun