{eight} your lovely confession «

Moon

We were snuggling on the couch until Donghae's cell phone started vibrating. Since I was near it, I grabbed it and handed it to him. He took it, but still hugged me tightly with one of his arms. “Yobeoseyo?” he asked and snuffled my hair. I pushed his head away and he started tickling me. I tried hard to hold my laughter back, but failed miserably. I laughed quietly and pinched his cheek. “Yes, mum. I'll take care of her.” I turned around to look at him and kept my gaze suspicious. He hung up and looked at me. “What?” “You told your mother?” “Of course. You're an important guest and by the way, my family still loves you. Moving away was because of their jobs.” “I do know that.” I told him.

“I thought I should tell you more.” I started to speak and he nodded in agreement. “When I realized that it was you, I was quite in a shock, but since you were a new person for me I carried on with normal acting. I felt that we could not easily go back to the old days, that was why I probably always saw you as another Donghae... It sounds quite ridiculous.”

“No, it doesn't. I hurt you back then. You treating me as another person was quite hard, but I deserved it either way. I could've at least written letters, but I was busy being in a grief. Sorry, Kairi.”

“Hey, I do not blame you. “ I told him and patted his head. We both made mistakes, now it was time to forgive each other. I snuggled up to him and sliced my fingers through his. “Well, we're together now, that counts, the here and now.” He nodded to himself and I let out a chuckle. He always did that when he wanted someone to agree, so I nodded as well. “Can I really sleep here?” “Of course. I prepared something very special.” He smirked at me, before pecking my cheek. “H-hey.” I tried to stop me from blushing, but that was a major fail. “You're still so cute, when you blush.”

“Yah, what do you know?” I asked and turned around. I felt his hands around my waist, pulling me closer to him. “A lot. Like... you always hold back, when it is about Gaehwa. Why don't you just rub the truth into her face. I really think she's worth it.” “I love my parents, that's why I can't hurt Gaehwa and anyway, if it makes her happy. Why should I interfere with her happiness? She knows that she lost, that's hard enough for her.”

“Yeah, I rubbed it into her face several times.” He sighed and put his head above mine. “I am the girl you were talking about... back then, right?” I asked shyly and he poke my cheek. “Of course it was you, dummy.” He told me frankly and I looked down. “I conquered your heart by... just looking at you?” I asked and I knew that he was nodding. “Yes, from the first moment I saw you. The only one for you had to be me.”

“Ah, it's getting cheesy again, Hae.” I mumbled and starred at the tv in front of me, that was the only way to prevent myself from blushing like an madly-in-love-idiot. “Why can't I be a bit cheesy?” He pouted and I boxed him lightly. “It's embarrassing, you fool.” “Only for you, my princess-” “Gosh, stop it!” I shouted and plunged my fingers into my ears, rescuing my way out of this mess. He soon grabbed my wrist and put my hands down. “Hey, don't just ignore me. I just want to be honest.” he told me and I managed to look at him.

“Kairi, I-” “Don't! You're ruining the moment! Stop!” I screamed at him and pushed my hands in his face and gestured hysterically. “Mwo?!” he asked loudly and wrapped his arms around my body, pulling me up, so I could lean against him. His breath ticked my neck and I felt his warmth surrounding me, just like in good old times. I missed them. “Lemme talk!” He pouted like a mad kiddo and I laughed. “Hae? Just a favor? Tell me later, yes?” I asked and he sighed. “I'll just let my confession slip now, right.” I chuckled and he planted a kiss on my neck. I froze, when his lips were sensitively pressed against my skin. His lips were so soft and I liked it so much.

“Hae?” He hmm-ed at me and I chuckled. “I am tired.”

He suddenly pulled me up, caring me in his arms, all bridal-style. “It's too early.” I mumbled. “I always wanted to do that, but back then you were just to heavy.” “Thanks, Lee Donghae.”

He carried my upstairs and stopped in the bathroom. “I'll just bring you some clothes of mine to sleep. So for now you can use the red toothbrush, yes?” “Why do you have two?” I asked him, as I looked around. That was highly suspicious. “Well, in one package were two and by the way, I always wanted to invite you.” He slammed the door shut right in front of me and I started to use the second toothbrush. So cute of him. I giggled along, when the door opened again and he came in. He handed me a long pullover and that was everything.

“Wha.. the frig..in hell!” I screamed with the toothbrush in my mouth and he chuckled. “It's enough for your skinny gorgeous body.” I spit everything out and looked angrily at him. “Was that a compliment?” I asked him sincerely and he shrugged his shoulders. “That's however you take it.” “So I am skinny?” I asked further and he nodded. “Skinny, not too skinny.” he told me and patted my shoulders. “So I should just sleep in that?” “Yes, would you do me the favor?” He grinned his childish grin and I nodded, not like I could ever reject a favor made by him.

I wanted to take off my shirt, but narrowed my eyes at him. “Donghae, leave now.” I told him and he continued smiling, while he wasn't moving one inch. “Leave now.” I put my hands on his puffy cheeks and pressed them together. “L.E.A.V.E?” “Gotcha.” he mumbled and closed the door behind him. He was really foolish at times. Well, I guessed that was just the guy he was, always a bit stupid yet loveable. Maybe I loved him for his once-in-a-time-stupid-being. I sighed and changed into his big pullover, which really reached down to my knees. Wow, was he always that tall? I picked up my clothes and went over to his bedroom.

“Your parents visit you occasionally, right?” “Yes. They give me the financial support I need, so I can keep this place. I know it's much too big for one person, don't you think so?” he asked in a playful way and I laughed. “What, do you want me to move here?” I asked and boxed him lightly against his arm. He was lying on his king-sized bed and I shook my head. “Well, here certainly is enough place for you and it being alone.” Suddenly I heard something lumbering and turned around. “Wau!” Fishy barked, clearly disagreeing with his owner. “Hey, I didn't count you in.” Donghae protested and picked the dog up. “So... where will I sleep?” I asked him, shifting my eyes over the ground for a mattress. “You dummy, in my bed of course.” “We're not married.” I reminded him and he rolled his eyes in a very annoying way. “Wae? Do you think I'll get you pregnant? I just want to cuddle... Kairi.” “You take responsibility.” I told him playfully and lay down beside him. “When I was away...” Donghae began to ask and looked at me sincerely. “You didn't fall for someone else, did you?”

“Of course not.” I replied and he smiled to himself. “That's good. I was worrying, if you'll forget me, but you never did, that's wonderful.” he told me and Fishy was lying down between us. “H-hey.” Donghae weakly protested, but didn't push his puppy away. “I wanted to cuddle with her... Fishy.” he told his puppy and I laughed. “You're a kiddo.” “Better than a weirdo.” “You're a weirdo too, of course.” I replied immediately and and he pouted miserably. “You're mean to me. I was only being nice.” Fishy suddenly stood up and lumbered over Donghae and lay down again. “See? He understands me.” Donghae told me, chuckling and pulling me closer to him. He wrapped his arms around me and covered us with a blanket.

“Donghae?”

He switched off the lights and I could feel his breathing on my neck. 

“Kairi.”

“Hmm?”

“Saranghaeyo.” he whispered and I turned my head around. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw that his face was only inches away from mine. He slowly pressed his lips against mine and carefully put my head on his chest.

“Saranghabnida.”

“No, not informal, Kairi.”

“Jal jayo, Lee Donghae.”

“Geez.”