{six} your impossible devotion «

Moon

It worried me that Donghae didn't appear at school next day. That was so not like him. He also didn't show up at his house as far as I could watch it. I wondered if he was sick or something and couldn't leave the house. Maybe he was also kidnapped, but also that was high unlikely. He wasn't a kid anymore, neither did the teachers say anything. If someone knew about Donghae's location besides his parents, then it would be the teachers, right?

His parents were away from home, that was the only thing I knew. Which included that Donghae was alone at home. No, he wasn't alone, Fishy was also there. His parents didn't take the dog with them. It's pretty pathetic one would think to have a dog as some kind of friend. But indeed a dog was a friend for lonely people. It was the only thing they had left and I could understand it. Dog's are loyal animals. They would listen to you. Of course there would be no answer, but it was enough to have a certain someone (the dog) listen to you. Dogs would never leave you alone, they would always stay by your side.

I also wanted to have a dog, but my parents wouldn't allow that. My mum was even allergic.

I sighed and looked out of the window at school. I missed Donghae dearly. It was so boring without him. I always cherished my time with him, so why... Why was he missing now? He never skipped classes! I was so worried that I went home, right after my last period. I went to look at his window, but it was closed and he was nowhere to be seen.

I let out another sigh and sat down on my bed. Where was he? What was he doing?

After a while I decided to go to his house. I rang his bell and waited for some minutes, but nobody opened the door. There was also nothing to hear, not even Fishy was here. I always heard him barking if someone rang the bell or opened the door. So I assumed that he would also do it then, but that proved Donghae wasn't at home. I was feeling so uneasy and thought of some possibilities.

Quickly I went to the field, where we met first out of school. But he wasn't there either. I looked around to find him, but he was nowhere, like he was never there to begin with, but Donghae wasn't an illusion. He was a person like me, made out of blood and flesh and he was the only one who could comfort me and my worried heart. I ran over the grass and back to his house, to check if returned; he didn't. No matter how often I rang the bell... Nobody would come and open the door.

Damn, where are you? You moron! You idiot! You.. you...

I looked around and thought of another place. The only place that came to my mind was the place I went to yesterday, the small river. I walked to the mentioned place and looked around. I couldn't see anyone or anything, but slowly I heard a dog barking and turned to that direction. After taking some steps, I could see Fishy and his owner, who was wearing shorts and only a t-shirt.

Was he crazy? He was walking through the water and looked for something in the freezing coldness. It was so cold and so was the water. He also had to be cold and that wasn't something to be happy about. What was he looking for anyways?

“What are you doing?” I shouted at him. He turned around quickly and his eyes widened. “W-what are you doing here?” he asked back and I shook my head. “I want an answer, you moron. Why didn't you come to school and just why are you in that water, are you sick?” I asked and he turned around again. Turned to me now was his back, which was great, but I wanted to speak to him face to face. 

“Why are you turning your back to me?” I asked and he bowed down. His hands wandering through the water. He coughed and he turned his head back to me. “I don't have time now, go inside.” he said to me and I shook my head. “Come out of the water, you idiot!” I shouted at him and he shook his head this time.

“No, so stay away.” “What are you searching for?” I asked again, but earned nothing besides an intense coughing on his side. “Hey, you catch a cold. Come out now.” I told him, quietly and smilingly, but he didn't come out of the water. “Hey, will you listen?” I asked again, but he was still going through the water, his eyes were shifting from one side to the other and once again he coughed.

“Hey, it's enough now. Come out.” “KEEP QUIET!” he screamed at me and I stepped back. I never saw him this annoyed and angry, so I just stood there and kept quiet. It was hard to watch, but I knew that I could nothing do. Talking was no help and I wasn't strong enough to pull him out of the water. Just why was he so stubborn? What could be so important anyways?

He coughed so sickly that I was worried to death, but he still didn't give up. I sighed and looked at him. The sun was already setting and it got darker and darker around us. It was freezing cold to be honest. I could swear that my hands were already as cold as ice. “H-hey.” I jittered and he looked at me. His eyes were sparkling, but he didn't come to me. He was searching further and left me behind.

“Come out now, please... Donghae!” I shouted again, but this time I earned nothing. It made me teary eyed and it didn't take long for one tear to rush down my cheek. “Stop this, moron!” I told him again and he looked at me.

“I'll find it.”

“What?”

“Your ring.”

I blinked twice before realizing what he just said to me. He was searching for my ring? The one I already gave up on finding? “Stop this, it's not that important!” “It is important!” he shouted at me and went further, while I was following him. “You always... It was always with you. It is important! I know it! I've been watching you the whole time... always and I will find it! I will!” he said to me, determined as he was, he continued searching. More tears were running down my cheek and I grabbed his arm.

“It's okay. Come out now.” He broke out of my grip and looked at the water again. “Nothing is okay. I will get your ring. I will find it for you. Please, let me!” he turned his head towards me and gave me this puppy-eyes gaze. I couldn't reject his help this time, but I was still so worried. I looked to the ground, while he was continuing to wander with his hands through the water.

“Don't cry.” he told me softly, but didn't look at me. I just sighed and watched him. Time was passing by so quickly, until I got tired of waiting. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me, but he broke free too early and I was falling down. “Understand this. Give me this chance!” he said to me, still so confident. His eyes were still shifting from one side to the other, until he grabbed something and held it high above him. “I got it! I got it!” he yelled and jumped out of joy. I smiled at him and he reached out for my hand, to stick it on my finger.

It felt like he was giving me something very important. “Thank you so much.”

“I saw the argument between you two yesterday. I... I just had to find it.” he told me and I nodded. He was so cute and stupid, just too adorable for words. I took his hand and wanted to drag him home, but he pulled me back, into his strong arms and hugged me tightly. I could hear his heart beating, pretty fast and he was still so warm after so much time in this freezing weather.

“Donghae.” I muttered and his hand was patting my head. “I-I-It's cold.” Donghae stuttered and I handed him his jacket. He smiled at me, before pulling it over his cold body. He took my hand and sliced his fingers through mine without wasting much time.

“I like you.”

“I like you too.”

We chuckled and Fishy was barking besides us.

“Want to sleep over?”

“Now?”

“Yes, tonight.”