{two} your kind words «

Moon

All my memories were clinging onto him. That's probably what it was like to be in love. Sometimes I would just sit on my chair and wonder what it would be like to be loved back. But most of the time I would be just sighing and doodling on my sheet of paper. I would doodle Donghae, with messy hair, straight hair, styled hair, with uniform, with casual clothes, smiling, laughing, being angry, raising an eyebrow or two, being stunned, running, going, sitting, playing soccer...

What would it be like to be hugged by him? Would my heart flinch? Would it be warm? Would it make me happy? I guessed so. I also wondered, does eternal love exist? What would it be like? I guessed wonderful, always being with the one you love, but then there would be questions like: Would you never grew tired of each other? What if you fall for an other? What if he's not the precious only one?

I nodded, daydreaming once again. “I wonder when I should ask Donghae?” Gaehwa wondered loudly, disturbing my precious daydreaming, I nodded again. “That's not an answer.” she told me and I turned around. I never intended to speak to her. I just didn't feel like doing so.

“I asked him, you know? If he wants to go out with me.” Practically my heart ached, but still I wore that worn out smile of mine. I would always pull this, once something would hurt me. “So?” I asked quietly and she played with her hair. “He'll think about it, that's what he said.” So... he did even consider thinking about it? Now why was that hurting me? I didn't have the right to be hurt, since I never spoke to him, never asked him...

“Ask him tomorrow.” I suggested and she shrugged her shoulders. “Guess so.”

She left me right away and I stepped out of my door. This was seriously not my day. “Mum, I'll go outside.” I shouted loudly enough for her to hear and put on my jacket. I slowly went out and walked along the way to the big field of grass. I loved it, because there you could always see the sun going down. It would be always colored in a wonderful orange, that's why I loved that place. It would remind me of my old home.

Quietly, I walked further and heard some dog barking. I had nothing against dogs, I loved them, but not if I wanted this place to be quiet. I stepped on the grass and tilted my head only to find a cute puppy running on the grass to it's owner...

The puppy from back then! The same dark yes! The same wet nose! The same fluffy coat, the same color of the coat; white.

I turned my head, once I saw the owner. I didn't know that he actually owned a dog.

“Wau, wau!” I heard it barking and looked to my left, where the puppy was happily rolling over the field. I took a closer glance at it, when I noticed that it was wearing a neckband without a name on the tag. “You.” I spoke out of utter surprise and knelt down to it's puffy hair. It was really cute. I guess that was the time when I totally forget about him, who was already standing in front of me, because I could see his shoes and to my liking he was still in his uniform. Uh, he was so near. Just like in class, when he held my hand so strongly yet softly. “Wau, wau.” the puppy barked again and stood up. Vaguely, it walked back to his respective owner and he picked him up.

“So you eventually come back to me?” he spoke to his dog and flashed a gorgeous smile of his, releasing his beautiful white teeth. I looked at him and wondered why he actually had that dog... Because that meant that he was the one giving me his umbrella. The one who saved me from the rain and the puppy from dying. Now, wasn't that just a wonderful savior act?

I sighed quietly, not for him to notice. His eyes shifted from the dog to me and he still wore that pretty smile on his face. “He's like you.” Donghae said and pointed at me. I blinked twice at him before getting on my feet again, wondering what that statement was about. I only found out that this puppy was male, so how could it be like me when it wasn't even female?

“He's cute, don't you think?”

The only thing that slipped over my lips was a smile. I was unable to speak, unable to tell him what I always wanted to tell him. I just managed nodding and he turned over to the setting sun. I couldn't describe just how gorgeous he looked. He had sparkling eyes looking to the sun.

“It's my favorite place.”

“M-m-mine too.” I stuttered and blushed uncontrollably. Why was my heart thumping like crazy whenever I was near him? Why was I blushing? Why couldn't I speak frankly? Why did I feel like hugging him?

After all he was some kind of stranger, nice stranger.

I coughed once it got a bit colder. It was already September. So it was getting cold and it wasn't just my imagination? He looked at me and approached me quickly. He grabbed my hands and pulled gloves over it. When I looked at his face, I could have sworn that I saw him blushing, but it was away, like it never appeared when I looked a second time at him.

Again being so near him made my legs tremble like they were made out of pudding. My heart was beating like a car on the highway, faster, faster faster. Would it just stop? No, not now, not ever.

Now, did that guy really consider going out with my sister? My wavy hair guy? Did you really consider that? You didn't know... she was furious, she was annoying, she was stupid. She totally wasn't your type, right Donghae?

Oh how I wish I could have asked him then, but my tongue didn't move an inch neither did my legs. “It's not cold, right?” he asked me, looking straightly into my eyes. Could he read my affection by just looking at me? Could he feel the love scent around us, just out of my affection? Couldn't he hear my heart beating, being so near me?

His strong hands were holding mine again and how I just enjoyed that moment. I couldn't stop myself from looking at him. His hair was totally messy, blown into different directions from the wind. He looked funny to me, but he just kept smiling at me and I couldn't turn away now, could I? He was so nice to me. He even knew my name. He surprised me once again.

Not to mention, his handsome face surprised me so often. “Go-Kamsahabnida.”

Oops, almost informal.

“L-let's talk informal.” he said and let go off my hands, facing the sunset again and walking over to his puppy.

“Y-your umbrella?” I asked and tried to hide my light pink cheeks. After all I seemed like a fangirl, right? Ugh, I was one of them? I could line up with them?

“Keep it. Write your name on it, so nobody can take it from you.”

This statement made me stunned. Perhaps, did he know that my sister always stole things from me? Did he know that we never shared? Was he that informed? Uh, that actually... was to my advantage? So, I could just take that umbrella and keep it to myself. His umbrella...

“I'll do, Donghae...-sshi.” I answered a bit hesitant. Calling him 'oppa' would have never been good. All the other girls called him oppa. So I didn't have to imitate them, they were just so careless. Or maybe I was just to formal.

“I said informal, Kairi.” he reminded me and I looked shyly at him. Right. I already forgot about his suggestion. Hah, my mind wasn't exactly there, he could tell.

“Ne, D-Donghae...” I answered quietly, but loud enough for him to hear anyways. Why was I so shy? That wasn't like me. I was always very loud, but moving out of the orphanage and living here turned me into a very quiet person. I wondered why that did happen. Was that my sister's fault? Or Donghae's?

“Would you mind giving him a name?” he asked me and peeked out behind his cute puppy, which he held in front of his face. He was such a cute fish. I smiled. I reached out and it's fluffy hair. “Hmm... how about Fishy.” I suggested and he laughed wholeheartedly. It was the first time I heard him laughing so freely. I joined his laughter and he ruffled my hair.

“Yes, that's his name.”

He smiled.

“See you.”

I nodded at his statement and watched him walking away, along with his dog. Normally I would follow him since we had the same way, but I was not normal. I shook my head and looked at my hands. I wanted to scream out for him, seeing that I still had his gloves, but I knew that he wouldn't hear me anymore. How should I return them? I couldn't do it in class. I couldn't ring his bell... His parents would stare me down. Not to mention that my parents would be angry and Gaehwa, well, she hated me pretty much already.

I looked at the wonderful sunset, which was setting in front of me. After some minutes I headed back home and sighed as soon as I reached the door. “Are you fine, Kaili?” my mum asked. Just like Donghae she had a little accent, but different from Donghae she couldn't pronounce my name correctly. By the way, Donghae's accent was just so cute. It made me smile. Even then, like a fool, I smiled at my mother and nodded. “Uhm, almighty fine.” I chuckled and went straight to my room. Without missing time I looked up to his room, which was a little bit higher than mine.

I saw him holding Fishy and he smiled like he used to. I looked at his gloves and back at him. Should I just throw them over? No, that would be dumb of me. There was the possibility that they wouldn't reach them at all and land in my own garden. I still looked up to his room, although I was rooming in my head for a resolution.

After some minutes I concentrated on his window again and saw him waving his hand. I blinked before I realized that it was meant for me. Gosh, he must have thought that I am a stalker! I freaked around and looked around quickly, searching for a hideout. Before I wandered out of my room, I waved shyly back and he smiled at me like a child.

“Good night, Kairi.” he screamed and closed the window.

Good night, Donghae. ♥