{one} your warm hand «

Moon

Being the great student I was, I even got up earlier than expected. Might have been because my sister woke me up. “AH! MY HAIR IS SO MESSY!” Yes, so messy. Gosh, your head was messy. I really didn't like her screams in the morning. She was so obsessive with being beautiful and so on (yes, not interested) I always wondered how she could still be good in school but she certainly studied a lot. Still I studied a lot more, but learning the stuff by heart is not helping at all. Come to think of it, I have no logic at all.

Quietly yawning and stiff like a twig, I stood up and dragged myself to the bathroom. Speedily I fixed my hair and put on my school uniform. I ran out of the bathroom, sliding through my door, I almost slipped, but still managed to grab my bag. Downstairs I met with messy-hair-sister, who was already eating like a pig. She really ate like a pig at home. But who could mind a beauty like her? She was only getting fat, which was my advantage anyways. No, that wasn't meant to be mean, no not at all. But still I could tell that she put on some belly fat, that was why she wouldn't wear skirts anymore.

I told her, smart as I am, that a proper breakfast would be the right thing, specially with lots of calories, which would just settle down inside of her. Yes, you could tell just by looking at me, I was such a caring sister. Sarcasm aside, I wonder what would happen in school, now that a new year started. We had to choose some courses, probably... maybe I would share at least one with Donghae? Thinking about him takes up more space in my head, than the worries about the bad weather today. I actually liked bad weather, but knowing that my sister would take the only umbrella we had... I felt like dying, but at least once in my life I should feel like that. It encourages me to run through the run like some stupid idiot. Oh my, my...

“Hmm, you have to go without umbrella... That's okay anyways, right?” “Of course, Gaehwa-unni, just take it.” and stuff it down your beautiful a**

Oops, I cursed.

Smiling, she left the house with her umbrella and left me behind. Damn, she really gives me the creeps today. I sighed and left the house. Raindrops met the ground, giving me a comfortable feeling. They softly spilled on the ground and made a pretty relaxing sound. I really liked this weather, but getting wet (once again) that wasn't my wish. How would I appear in front of Donghae? He would never like a girl like me! And yes, this is my only worry! I could also catch a cold, lying down in bed and missing lessons at school... How worse can it actually get? Right, my sister could ask Donghae out on a date. I hoped he would refuse any way. Gaehwa would never be the right one for him, neither was I. I was hoping for something impossible.

Running along the streets, I noticed a box with a dog in it.

“Please take care of me.” was written on it and I took a closer glance at the puppy. It had big black eyes, which were crying out for a lovely owner. I already realized that I would be late for class, but I just took my time. It's hair was so fluffy, that I just couldn't stay away, but the puppy was getting wetter with every second that passed. I let out another sigh and stood up, when someone put an umbrella besides the box, so that the dog would not get wet. Looking up, I saw a young man around my age, but the hood covered his face, so I could not recognize any facial features. Oh how I wished to know who the puppy's savior was.

“I'll take it home.” the stranger told me softly and I tried to steal a glance at him. After all... I didn't know who it was, but the voice was so familiar, that it sent chills down my spine. “You don't have to worry, so take my umbrella, Kairi.” the stranger continued speaking and looked at me. His whole being had a familiar scent, but I still couldn't make out who it was. “Uhm, you-” I started to speak, but he pressed the umbrella against my chest and took the little puppy. “Go to class.” he said again to me and ran way.

Hey... wait, stranger. You with the familiar scent around you.

I sighed and took the umbrella. I couldn't even ask after his name, which truly made me upset. Sighing, I made my way to the school with the stranger's umbrella. I searched after a name on it, but that would have been way to easy, am I right? And so... How could he know my name? I wasn't popular and out of my class... maybe 3 or 4 people knew my name, including the teachers, who didn't even speak to me.

Going through the school gate was like a new beginning for me, I didn't know why. It was just a new school year. New, that implied changes. I really hoped for some useful changes, not those who would ruin my life to the very extend.

Like... sitting besides a bully. That would annoy me plenty. I can't stand bullies. No brain, something so necessary for a cool guy. I walked forward to the crowd in front of the notification, a plain board with the information, in which class you are + the room number. It felt like I would never get through the crowd, but when it actually disappeared, I took a step closer to search for my name.

I found it quickly. I was in 2-B.

Along with... Lee Donghae.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I blinked at the notice and went over to my room. He? In my class? With me? In one room? Not a distance like I knew it. And just why was I overwhelmed with the racing of my heart? Why would it beat ten times faster, just knowing this fact? I let out my third sigh and entered the classroom. I avoided my classmates and stopped in front of the teacher's table. I took a look at the black board. Sketched on it was our seat order, various numbers in squares. On the teacher's desk was a box and in it, lot of little pieces of paper. I just picked one and unfolded it. It revealed my number. 19. I took a look at the blackboard once again. I quickly figured out that my seat was in the third row right beside the window. In front of my seat was number 21, while besides me was 12 and right behind me was 6.

I wonder who would be my seat mate this time around. I sat down on my chair and put my math things on the table, in order to be not scolded by the teacher. I guess you ll know how they are, once you're not properly prepared for the period. I wanted to be a good student and for new teachers I wanted to leave a good first impression that would be brilliant and I would always remind them of being a very good student, even though... I wasn't really. I was just average, maybe also worse, but I shouldn't make a fool out of myself.

I looked out of the window, seeing the last students walking in. Some of them were really late and to my knowledge they'd always be a bit late. I watched couples walking in hand-in-hand. I would lie if I said, I wasn't jealous. I probably was. How I'd like to be loved by the person I love, that truly must be heaven. Just why do I spend so much time thinking about that? Was I too pathetic to find that person? Did such a person exist? Hopefully.

I bit my goodbye to the window and turned head to the door, where I heard some loud noises, perhaps squeals of girls? I found myself starring at Donghae, who came into the classroom. A circle of girls was around him, asking him lots of questions I guess. Well, he was just popular. I could understand those girls, but I could never stand beside them and look at him.

I drew circular motions on my table and faced the boring wall in front of me. Yes, that would be just so me. Once again I turned my head to look at Donghae, who was now reaching out for his seat number. I watched him doing so. He unfolded his paper and looked on it. “Hey, Hae. What's your number? I've got 12.” As soon as the guy finished speaking, Donghae replaced his paper with his friend's and smiled at him. “Thanks.” he mumbled softly and walked to the back. He placed himself besides me and put down his bag. I just remained looking at him.

His hair was very wet. He probably didn't use an umbrella, which reminds me. How should I give back that umbrella to the stranger? Like never? I thought for a while, when the teacher came into our room. I took another turn looking at my seat mate, who again had his messy hair, like he didn't care combing his hair. Whatsoever, he was still his gorgeous self. When I noticed that his head turned towards me, I kept starring at the teacher, like I never did something else. And just now... I was totally checking him out and reminding myself of it was just hilarious.

“Why don't you introduce yourself to each other?” the teacher suggested and handed the first student in the first row a red bundle. I nodded, realizing what I had to do, once the bundle reached my place. After some minutes of giving that bundle around. Two girls entered the door, clearly being to late, they walked around and placed themselves in front of me and behind me. The red bundle was given to the girl in front of me who shortly meant, breathlessly, that her name was 'Ani' and that she just turned 16. With a bit hesitation she handed the red bundle to me and I looked at my classmates. I was never this nervous...

I stood up and smiled like a complete fool. “Ahnyeonghaseyo. My name is Kairi, Jo Kairi. I-I am 15 years old and I will turn 16 in two weeks.”

“Aren't you Gaehwa's sister?!” Someone of my classmates shouted out and I looked at this stupid idiot. This seemed to be my favorite question. Just why would everybody asked for her?

“Yes.” I replied shortly enough to keep myself from stuttering.

“You don't look like her...” he noticed and I nodded again. “We're not blood-related. I am adopted.” I confessed again, trying to hold back my anger and not shout at him. So much about my first brilliant expression. I was such an idiot.

“Give me her cell phone number.” another laughed and I sat down, handing the bundle to my right, to my seat mate, to Lee Donghae. To my utter surprise, he lay his hand on mine, not grabbing the bundle, but my very own hand. His hand was so big, it had no problems, grabbing my small hand. His hand was soft, yet he grabbed my hand so firmly, like he would never let go of it. But to me that didn't matter in that minute. His hand was warm, making my heart flinch and my legs tremble. I couldn't look at him, but somewhere in my heart I knew that he was looking at me.

After what seemed to be hours, he let go of my hand and took the red bundle. I almost forgot how to breath and put my hand on my heart, trying to understand why I was so out of breath and shocked. What was he doing to me?

“Hey guys, just ask Gaehwa-sshi herself.” he said loudly enough and to me it seemed like he wasn't interested at all in my sister.

“Anyways, I am Lee Donghae. 16 years old, pretty much your average neighbor.”

True. My beloved neighbor. ♥