{seven} your soft lips «

Moon

So we went straight to his house, because I couldn't tell my parents face to face. I guessed I would just lie, also in regards to my sister, who would die hearing such news. I was already a kill for her, an enemy. I didn't want to upset her more, though I'd like to shove it into her face for all the cruel things she did to me, but... I wasn't such a badass. I was a bit bad, but I didn't want her to freak out. It would only make me feel bad.

He opened his door and let me in. I entered his house and stepped into the hall. “Are you sure?” I asked him again and heard him laughing. “It's alright. I invited you, so no need to worry.” he told me and patted my head. He did that often lately. “I'll go and take a bath. It's very cold.” “That's because you're an idiot.” I answered and he glared at me. “I saved your ring! A bit more respect!”

“ I didn't ask you to, but as you know I am grateful. Where's the bathroom anyway?” He blinked at me and pointed at a door near the other end of the hall. “What? Do you want to peep?” “You're a ert!” I shouted at him and turned around. Of course, I didn't want to steal a glance of him being , not that I deny his y being, but please, I wasn't like that. “That was a joke, Kairi. It's just that... I wouldn't mind seeing your body. Now, don't get wrong-”

“Take a bath, hurry.” I cut him off, before he would lose himself in questionable remarks. He would like to see me ? A moment of silence was appearing until he decided to drag himself to the bathroom. I shook my head lightly and looked around. I'd like to see him as well, but... that would corrupt my innocent mind. But after all, I wasn't that innocent. I took a look at the kitchen, it was nicely decorated, everything was painted in red, just like our kitchen was, but it was bigger. We only had a small house compared to this 'villa'. 

I also peeped into his room, which was so typical decorated, but at least I didn't find any suspicious things... you know. Like... some questionable posters or something like that, but his room was perfectly tidied up, just like he wasn't inside this room for days. I walked out of the room and took a look at the other rooms, until I found the room of his parents, which I closed immediately. I felt like an intruder, who wasn't supposed to be here.

I went downstairs again, when Donghae came out, only wearing a towel around his hips. Seriously... “Wear something appropriate.” I told him and he chuckled. “Come on, you know my upper body.” “I-I don't.” I protested immediately, that was a hard accusation. Okay, I did saw his body sometimes, but it's not like the image was stoved into my soul. “You do.” Okay, he was right anyways. I enjoyed this sight, but come on, it was not like I could admit it.

“And if I do?” “I don't mind. It's not like I never saw you undress-” “Please, don't give me details.” I cut him off and he chuckled. “Okay, okay.” He smiled at me, before patting my head and going to the kitchen. “Miss, what do you wish to eat?” he asked me and looked through his cupboard. “Hmm, how about Bindaeddeok?” I suggested and he looked confused at me. “Hmm, then you have to help me make it.” he told me calmly and handed me some things. I helped him making it, while he was busy starring at me.

“Would you stop that?””Why?” “It's kind of annoying.” “Why?” “Because I can't concentrate.” “Why?” “... Because you're looking at me. Do you get that, Lee Donghae?” I asked him seriously and he chuckled right into my face. “No, I don't!” He stuck his tongue out at me and disappeared. Such a child...

I sighed and finished preparing the meal. “Donghae-yah??!” I screamed and waited for him to respond. But nothing moved and nothing was to hear. Geez, what the heck was he doing? “Hae, I am not playing with you. Come here.” I said calmly and looked around once again and once again nothing moved. This tall brat. “Donghae?” “Catch me~!” he screamed, while he left his hiding place and ran upstairs. I only blinked for some minutes. It took me some time to realize what he was doing. I looked upstairs, where he was standing and smiling. “Come down here, Lee Donghae.” I demanded and he shook his head eagerly.

“Hey, kiddo, come down here.” “No way, ahjumma!” “What?!” I shouted in rage and tried to keep calm. “The meals is ready, so come and eat.” I tried it nicer and smiled at him. “No.” he still kept saying and it made me angry. “What?” I tried to hold in my anger and heard him coming down. He patted my head and went into the kitchen. “What was that?” I asked him and Donghae laughed, while sitting down on his chair. “That were my five minutes.” “Of what?” “Extreme childishness.”

“You could call it that.” I mumbled and looked at the food. In a matter of minutes our stomachs were filled and we dragged ourselves to the couch. I plopped down and rested my head on the back. He did the same, but on the other side of the couch. He laughed his nervousness off and switched on the tv. At least I believed that he was nervous, he never told me that he was. Of course, I wouldn't tell him as well. It would be more than just embarrassing. I focused my eyes on the screen and tried to figure out what channel he was searching for he. He switched channels for a while, until he stood up and walked to the cupboard. “Mind watching a movie?” I smiled at him and waited for him to make his choice. I wonder what he would take, considering the situation. Hopefully not a horror movie? It's not that I don't like them, no, I really love them, but I can't afford to clutch onto Donghae. That would look rather stupid.

“Hey, this is fine, right?” He asked me and I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked at the DVD, which he handed me and smiled. “Ah... I guess Avatar will do.” I chuckled, knowing that he actually had a very deep liking for movies like that. “Are you still a science fiction freak?” I asked quietly and he started playing the DVD. “Yes, you should know by now.” “Of course, just back then... I thought you developed some other likings.”

“Why did you think that?” “Hae, we were kids. I was just turning 8. How should I know what you like, when we didn't interact for more than 7 years?” I asked him sincerely and he bowed his head. “I-I don't know. It wasn't my fault that my parents moved and I had to come along. I attended a middle school there, but I couldn't make myself like the city, the inhabitants, the streets, the lamps, the houses, the sky there. My heart belonged somewhere else. It was always determined to stay here with you. So I came back here, alone.” I snapped my eyes open. Just what? Alone?

“Occasionally my parents visit me, that's the only thing that reminds me of having a family, Kairi. But just like my heart is determined to stay here, I will be there for you. I am sorry, that we didn't communicate for 7 years. I couldn't bring myself to answer your letters, calls whatsoever. But after a time I thought it would be better to come back. At first you didn't even recognize me. I was just your new neighbor, the cute one, the popular one. I was getting popular, because I wanted you to notice me and well, you fell for me a second time-” “Oh no, Donghae, don't flatter yourself.” I growled and he chuckled. All this time I didn't even notice. “So, when did you start to realize?”

“The day you started to approach me. Before that it was merely rhapsodizing.”

“Why did you notice?”

“It was your friendliness. I only knew one guy who was like that and well, from near your faces were strikingly familiar.” I told him and he smiled this big smile of his again.

“Are you mad at me for not telling you?” “No, not really. I am mad at me for not noticing it 1 year ago, when you moved here. You were just the cute neighbor who would smile at me sometimes. I was searching for someone who would listen to me and my family stories and I thought you were the right one for that. Even though I already fell for you as we were kids, I did it again, just in this case, with the mature version of you. But you were slowly getting popular at my school. I lost the confidence and tried to avoid you, it was never a success though.”

He patted my head grabbed my shoulder. “Now that we shared our secrets, can we watch the movie?” “Impatient as always, Mr. Lee. Don't you have other things to say?”

“Oh well, yes, you make me incredibly happy!” he shouted at me without warning and pulled me into his arms. “I knew you fell for me.” he whispered into my ears and hugged me tightly. “That makes me happy. 8 years ago, I promised to marry you one day. I know were meant to be together... always. And from now on, I won't ever leave your side again.” he told me sincerely and smiled. “This is getting cheesy, Donghae-yah!” “Then why are you crying?” he asked me and I shook my head. “Just because.” I snuggled up to him and turned around to look at the tv. This made me happy. I never told you all about the little kid, 8 years ago, who proposed to me, who was always by my side and who never failed to make me laugh. The good old days. How could I not realize sooner? Why was I behaving like an idiot all the time? Perhaps 8 years of agonizing loneliness turned me into a different person.

But well, now I am happy... Since the day he approached me, that is.