{three} your astonishing talent «

Moon

I knew that that day would be hard, but it was harder than I thought. The sports festival was very soon this year. I didn't like sports. I hated PE. After all, I wasn't very fit neither talented. I couldn't play basketball neither soccer nor any other sport that involved a ball. I didn't like jumping. I at it.

I didn't like running. I was always average and it indeed pissed me off. Why could I never shine? Why was I unable to show them what I could do? What I was capable of doing? Why did I never stand out like my sister? She was fabulous, just simply astounding. She was so popular, even girls would just stand beside her to get a little bit “spotlight”. Now was it weird to dream of that? I didn't say that I wanted to be like her, no, that was never my intention, but I wanted to be known.

I was in the female soccer team, along with Ani. Who was slowly turning into my friend. She was searching for someone friendly, just like I did and we seemed to have found each other. We even talked two hours at the phone, which I was never fond of. I never talked longer than 10 minutes. She seemed to have changed me a bit. The most changed me Donghae, who was in the male soccer team.

He was a great player. He stood out. He made them cheer, he was entertaining. He was just awesome at playing. He had a talent for it, but whenever I wanted to kick the ball, I missed it. It , I truly admit it. I wanted to be better. I didn't want to show Donghae that I was this pathetic, that I wasn't even capable of playing his favorite hobby. I sighed more then 20 times this day, only because of soccer. It made me upset. I could have freaked out and stabbed it. I really was ready to kill, but whenever I tried to give up, Ani would come along and cheer me up, encourage me. She was a great help. She was a friend. She knew about my secret obsession yet she made no big deal out of it.

“We all have our secrets, that's why I will never tell anyone about it. I want to help you though.” she once said. From this day on she taught me soccer. She started with explaining the rules, which I was understanding, but the hard part, was the practical part. I couldn't miss more times than I already did in the first ten minutes. I shook my head. I was at soccer and they should have realized it much sooner.

Whenever I was looking over to the boys, I could see Donghae playing flawlessly. He was fast, clever and neat. He knew how to play. He was the star shining brightly for our school. Everyone trusted him, he would bring our victory. I sighed. Yes, that was the 21th time. Ani looked at me and nudged me softly. “Hey, no spacing out and don't you dare to check him out again!” she whispered into my ear, knowing that it would annoy me. “No, uhm.” I was only able to say, realizing that she was right. Once again I was totally checking him out.

I nodded when she looked at me again and continued playing. I shouldn't be ashamed of my non-existing skills, that was what Ani told me but I still was. I could not hide that fact. Ani and I started shooting goals carelessly. She just wanted me to shoot a goal, that was something I was capable of doing. It wouldn't swamp me right away and soon we were laughing wholeheartedly. She liked the stiff way I shot and it was just very funny for me. From afar I could see my sister, she was good at soccer and once again she was showing off. I caught myself looking to Donghae, who was also looking at my sister. I knew he was interested, but it was still... a disappointment. My heart was aching and I tried to turn away, but soon I saw Donghae walking over to me.

Ani looked a tiny bit confused at me, before she smiled and shot another goal.

Some seconds later Donghae was standing in front of me. In his shorts and shirt, which defined his muscles perfectly. I just stared at him, without noticing that his hand was ruffing through my hair. He was so good looking in his outfit that I could not turn away neither stop staring at him. My heart was near exploding. I knew it. It was pounding so hard, I wondered if anyone could hear it. Soon his soft voice spoke to me.

“You're great, just continue practicing.”

The he went away without a further word and I didn't mind him, since they were all staring at us. “Let's go back to class.” Ani said to me and we went away from the soccer field.

The whole day was very boring to me until I was ordered to water the flowers outside. I liked the job. It suited me. I liked flowers, in all different colors, shapes, small, big, it didn't matter. I liked them all.

I was very fond of smaller flowers. I let out a sigh and watered them all. They grew, compared to last year. I touched one flower and it tingled me a tiny bit. I chuckled and felt a hand on my back. I turned around quickly and noticed Donghae smiling at me. His hand was still on my shoulder, while his head was a few inches away.

He looked deeply into my eyes, before he let go of me. Again, I swore that I saw a light pink appearing on his face.

“I.. uhm, I thought I could teach you soccer.” he told me loudly, because his mouth didn't seem to work properly. He chuckled a bit before he showed me his ball.

“That would be of great help, Donghae.” I told him and went over to the soccer field with him. All this time we kept quiet. I didn't know why he wasn't talking, but I was just too nervous. I would be taught now, soccer, taught by Lee Donghae. The one and only who could not teach me, because I wouldn't even concentrate, even though. I just tried my best playing soccer with him. Sometimes we would just sit at the ground laughing. We couldn't care less about our surroundings.

I was just way too funny for him, since I hit one ball out of 3, but he never gave up. He would even touch my fragile body, if he had to show something and I wasn't capable of reacting. We practiced everything. Passing, shooting goals, hitting the enemy, even fouling the opposite team. He meant that would make out a game and I believed him.

He even practiced insulting the referee with me. To put it in a nutshell, it was probably the best time of the day. We had so much fun that I can't put it into words. He was such a nice person and I always hoped for my ball to reach him, when my feelings weren't able to do so. A few times I had to admit that I was checking him out once again, but come on, he was just too adorable for words.

“You're doing great.” he told me after we decided to walk back to school. “Really?” I asked back and realized that I was much more speaking than the last time. We seemed to get intimate. I shook my head and he patted it once again, which reminded me of his height. He was so tall for me. “Yes.” he answered me and rolled the ball to our teacher. “You can go now.” he dismissed us and I went together with Donghae to our classroom, to fetch my seven things. Donghae did the same and grabbed my hand soon after he hauled his bag over his shoulder. I looked at him and blushed again.

“I want to hold your hand.” he told me and I couldn't stop myself from smiling like a little fool, just this fool I was. Donghae looked at me and brushed a lonely strand of hair out of my face. “This...” he began and tilted his head.

“I want to keep this all to myself.”

As I looked around, I noticed that all my classmates were already gone. Then I looked at the watch; 6.30pm. Oh, it was already this late? But sports festival was more important anyways and that would also be the reason I'd give my mom, when she'd ask me where I was and what I had been doing. Still, being with him was just the best. He was so cute and nice. No way I could stay away from him.

“There... there's nobody.”

He chuckled. I smiled.

“I know.” he whispered and dragged me out of the school.

“I still have your gloves.” I told him and he nodded. “I know.”

“You know everything.”

“I am a genius.”

I laughed at his statement and he pretended to be mad at me and nudged me a little bit. He mumbled something incoherent, which hit my laughter right away. Not stopping my laughter, we walked along the way and looked at the beautiful nature around us. He told me that he liked flowers, just like me. So, we really had something in common. Something that we both liked.

“I-I like soccer.”

He could only laugh and squeezed my hand tightly. “Yes, that's because of me.” he said full of confidence. I nodded. He blinked at me. Then slowly a smile appeared around the corner of his lips. “I knew it.”

“You're the genius.”

He chuckled again, before pointing at his house.

“You're always welcome, so visit me.” he told me and I nodded. So, I was even invited? Now I was sure that I could visit him and I knew that I didn't have to be ashamed. Nobody would take it for grant. Donghae seemed to enjoy my presence, while I was enjoying his. My parents wouldn't ask why, we were classmates after all. I was only there to bring his homework or other school things. Right, I wasn't going just because I liked him.

Well, after all I was going because I liked him. Now I started to contradict myself.

“Your gloves, Donghae.” I said and was about to hand them over, but he only pulled them over my hands and took off his scarf. He then bowed a little, to put the scarf properly around my neck. His face was mere inches away yet I was unable to move. I just let him do so and started to continue breathing. I didn't want to faint in front of him.

“Don't catch a cold.” he aspirated and his breath tickled my light red cheeks. I liked his breath. It was warm. It was filling my body with a feeling I didn't know. Something was rooming through my body. It was weird yet nice. It wasn't a feeling that would disappear, not leaving a trace neither it would hurt me. It was comfortable. Yes, I liked it.

“I... I won't.” I told him and he flashed a gorgeous smile again. “I do hope so.”