{nine} your old you [Flashback]

Moon

I sat down on grass field and plucked a bloom. I looked at it for some minutes and lay it down. “Sorry mother earth.” I mumbled, clearly showing that I was sorry. It was not right for me to steal something from mother earth, yet I felt a need, just to do it once. Mother earth took my parents away from me, so I thought we would be equal, but after thinking about it I came to another decision. 

Maybe I am at fault that my parents left me. Maybe I wasn't what they wished for. I always had the feeling of being unwanted, but there was nothing to do. Wishing to be well received, that was also wrong. To see a smiling face in front of me, was also a failure from my side. But still, I can't erase my wishes. Then why god, was I adopted? Did they pity me? I never wanted to be pitied. I am just 8 years old, but I know what I want and what is disgracing for me. I was always quite the thinker, no matter what you took from me. I don't hate you, why should I? You gave me someone very precious in return.

“You're to pity with a face like that.”

I turned around and looked at the young boy. “Hmm?” 

“Why can't you just forget about the past for once in a time?”

“It's haunting me, Hae. There's nobody to trust.” I told him and stood up. He was slightly taller, had wonderful brown hazel eyes, that seemed to look through me. “Dummy. I am here. Your sister is really y at times, hmm?”

“Gaehwa-unnie?”

“Oh come on, Kairi, that's not your severity! She's one month older, stop calling her unnie. She's not worth it.” he protested and I smiled. “For your bio parents, they don't know what they will miss in life.” He nodded eagerly to himself and smiled at me. “Do you want to watch a movie with me?” he asked softly and reached out his hand.

“Not one of those... science fiction things again.”

“You're being very boring today, Kairi.” I heard him mumbling and took a glance at him. “Who are you to say that?” I asked and playfully hit his arm. 

“Lee Donghae, your highness.” “Ah, what's that again?” I asked suspiciously, knowing that he often liked to pick on me. “Ah, I just thought of giving you a new title, princess.”

“Kairi would have been good enough.” I told him and got a hold of his hand. He sliced his fingers through mine and smiled proudly to himself. A light pink was to see on his cheeks, which made me chuckle. “Oh okay, prince.” I dragged him towards his house and he opened the door for me. “After you.” he chuckled and I walked into his house. It was always too big for my taste, considering that his room was as big as our kitchen.

“Your parents are out again?” “Well, busy, they are.” he replied and wandered over to his couch. “How will the future be, Donghae?” I asked and he laughed quietly to himself. “What a weird question!” I only blinked and sat down beside him. “Hmm, let's see. Better then your past. I will be there for you. You will have lots of friends, since you're so cute. Oh and we will marry of course! I promised, remember?”

I nodded. “But, Donghae, nobody knows what the future holds.”

He looked blankly at me and sighed. “Why do you always make a fool out of me? I just wanted to be nice and told you that, but you're ruining every moment.” he complained all along and lay down. “Well, if you stay by my side, then it would already be a great future.” I told him and he was blushing. “Really?” he asked sheepishly and smiled like a fool to himself.

“You make a fool out of yourself with a face like that!” I exclaimed and laughed viciously to myself. “Really, you're not to pity, I am. But I will marry you when we're adults. That's promised.” he reached and stuck out his pinky. “Aish, let's hope you'll be a great man and husband in the future.”

 

Thanks to you all  for reading and comment and subscribing. This is the end. Thanks so much again! -bows-