Chapter 8

Completely Smitten

“I’ve to tell you the truth, Ji, you are not cut for this job. Frankly, I don’t understand why omma even asked me to hire you again. You are but a liability to me and the company.”

 

That’s what his brother Hyo told him the other day. After all his hard work the pass months come to waste when he lost an account. It’s not even his fault blame the secretary that he gave him she didn’t get the work done on time. Other investors got the job.

 

It was a waste of time explaining it to his brother because he wouldn’t let him finish his words. He has this feeling that he and his secretary planned that to sabotage his work but he doesn’t have evidence.

 

He already made up his mind. For the second time around he will leave the company. He was not giving up because he has better plan for Dara and the baby that she’s carrying in her womb.  He just doesn’t like to have a rift with his brother because for him family is still more important than any other things like money. Even though he was upset he can’t let it come between them a family will always be a family.

 

Maybe he will just build a business of his own but he’ll need the help of his parents to make it possible. It was not for him but for Dara and their baby he wanted to give them everything that money can buy.

 

His salary the past few months was already gone because he was so excited to buy things for his baby. He can say that he’s more excited than Dara. It’s fun to buy things for the baby even though they don’t know the gender yet.

 

He wanted the baby to be a girl. Dara is okay with whatever the Man above gave them as long as the baby is healthy. He couldn’t help but smile upon remembering Dara. She doesn’t judge him for being a bum though a lot of people don’t understand his situation.

 

She didn’t let him feel pressured.  Maybe one of the reasons is that she can provide to their baby. But he won’t let that happen as long as he is alive he will do his best to be a part of the baby’s life. Weather she likes it or not.

 

“You don’t have to pay for my supplies, Ji. You are not my husband I’m not your responsibility,” she once said to him.

 

That’s right, but he can’t help but to think that way though they are not married and not under in one house. Maybe they are meant to be together. They have a lot of things in common. He was her fan, she was his.

 

When she read his book he often caught her staring at him and she will smile after. It’s like she got a crush on him. She always gives him comforting words that he will eventually write another book that is as good as the first one that was published. And it helps him a lot because he is now writing a book.

 

Since she came to his life everything seems to fall to its right place. Dara is his lucky charm, he already wrote a few chapter of his book without changing anything since he started. Maybe this is the break that he was looking for. And he has a great feeling that he will finish it with encountering any problem.

 

He had never been this excited all his life. If only not because of his brother he can’t contain his happiness. But that’s life.

 

He needs to get back to his house because he’ll have a dinner with Dara later and he doesn’t like her to pay their bill. He’ll ask his mother if she can lend him some money and he is positive that she will give him that. His mother is so excited to have another baby playing in their house so she said that if he needs anything all he needs to do is ask.

 

When he got home he has no choice but her of what happened to the office. And it’s understandable that she felt sad and it shows on her face.

 

“I did my best. And I guess I don’t really belong to the company.”

 

“But what will you do now? You’re going to have a child of your own.”

 

“I’m thinking of starting a business of my own. I’m planning to do that long time ago but I want to do it in my own money but now that I’m having a baby I can only ask for your support.”

 

His mother embraces him. “Oh, need to feel reluctant you are my son, How much do you need?”

 

He was really surprised that his mother is willing to lend him money to his business and she hasn’t explained what kind of business he was planning to put up. It was very unusual. “I would know once I studied the business I’m planning to put up. I need to learn every detail of the business because I can’t fail now.”

 

“Take your time, honey. While you’re still haven’t decided don’t feel shy to come to me.” She asked for his hand and put a card on it. “This is for you.”

 

She didn’t know how much it means to him. And he said that just in time he have dinner with Dara.

 

“You are amazing, Mother.”

 

He took a bath and went to Dara’s place. She was ready when he got there. He can’t explain but every time that he saw her he notice that she was getting prettier each time. Is that even possible? It makes him think twice if he will inform her about him quitting his job. He doesn’t want to disappoint her but he wants to be honest to her.

 

He knows that she told him that it’s not his obligation to report everything that’s happening to him but he felt that she already part of his life. Not only their child but she is too. In fact he already practices his proposal to her.

 

It was the right thing to do. And he wanted to do it, too. But the thing is he hasn’t bought a ring yet. He wants to give her a beautiful ring that fits her perfectly. He couldn’t afford it right now. Not in his situation so all he had is a box. He saw it one time when he went to the mall. It was a heart shape box but its glittering and beautiful it reminds him of her.

 

Every night after he writes his story he will look at the box and dream that there is a ring inside. He only wished that he had money to buy her a ring. He is determined to give her that and it inspires him to work hard to fulfill his wish.

 

 

----

Sorry if it took so long to update got so busy with work T_T

I'll update again this week look forward to it. For now enjoy reading ^_^