Chapter 9

Completely Smitten

If he will put up a business of his own it’s better if it’s something that he loves to do. He wanted to go into publishing business. He has experience in that line of business and he did a research about it. And he is confident that he won’t have a hard time for the preparation of everything he needs. That was after he finished his book.

 

His book was more important to him. It was his life and he waited for so long for the ideas to flow in. He doesn’t want to waste the second chance that he gets. He didn’t forget to write in the past decade even though he’s having a hard time to come out with a better plot to start a novel. He created several short stories. He can’t give up his art and he needed his soul.

 

“You’re looking good, Ji.”

 

“Really?” He kisses her round cheeks she gain some meat pregnancy suits her. Even if she gains so much weight she will still be as pretty. She was very pretty that at nights he can’t help but think of her.

 

“Really” she answered smiling.

 

“Just like you. You look prettier every time I see you.”

 

She laughs at what he said. “Flatterer. Shall we go?”

 

They walk to his car and he informed her about the situation that he was in. She didn’t look happy about it. And he already expected that so he also told her his plan to put up a business of his own. But he can’t tell her that he was starting to write a novel.

 

Maybe he didn’t want to jinx it, or maybe he was just scared that he might not able to finish it. He will tell her about the book once it was finish.

 

“And you know what?” he search for the box inside his pocket. “I want to make this right. Will you marry me, Dara?”

 

 

She was just looking at the empty jewelry box in front of her.  She doesn’t know what to do in the situation. How will she react to Jiyong’s question? He said that he will give her the ring once that he had the amount of money that he need.  She appreciates his effort.

 

She can see that he was determined but sometime she can’t help but feel disappointed because he can’t stay in a regular job. Not to him but disappointed to the situation. She understands that being an artist it’s hard to keep yourself to a job that you don’t love.

 

Was she going to accept his proposal? She thinks that it would be better if they get married but they don’t know much about each other. She was afraid that they only know each other for a few months will it be enough to make the marriage work?

 

A part of her wanted to say yes, and another part is in haze. She and Wooyoung know each other for so long and in the end it didn’t work for them. She look at Jiyong, Oh, he was so cute. He said that it was just a proposal they won’t get married right away. Once they are both ready then they can plan for their wedding. How could she say “no” to a plan like that?

 

She doesn’t know what she feels for Wooyoung, if she still loves him but now she knows that she’s happy with Jiyoung. The few moments that they are together he makes her forget her past. And it was so had to say ‘no’ to him.

 

“How can I say ‘no’ to a cute box?” she said smiling.

 

A smile forms to his face. “I promise you that box would have a ring. Just wait and see.”

 

She believes him. Even though he was in that situation she can see that he has plans for them. For her that’s more important than other things that others can see. So what if he had quit his high paying job? He has other plans so that’s enough. She should give this guy a break.

 

“This is rather exquisite box,” she said. Now that she gives her full attention to the box she finds out that it was a very beautiful box. “You made this?”

 

“I played a little.”

 

“Thank you so much.”

 

She just smiled. They went to the restaurant after. They were having fun until she saw Wooyoung. He was looking at her. She felt numb and she knows she look pale because she didn’t expect to see him. What was he doing in that place?

 

“Are you okay, Dara?”

 

“Yes. But can we go? I think I’m going to be sick or something.”

 

Jiyong pay their bill and they walk out to the door. She look back to check Wooyoung and he was still looking at her. And, God, he looks terrible. She’s not used to see him like that maybe because she takes good care of him for a long time.

 

“I want to rest now, Ji. Is it okay?” she asked Jiyong when they reach her house. He offered to look after her but she refused and before he leaves he said she can call him anytime she needs help. He left after kissing her cheek.

 

She was immobilized until she hears the doorbell ring. She went to the gate and saw Wooyoung outside. She immediately opens the gate.

 

“Wooyoung, w-what are you doing here?”

 

“Can I come in? Are you busy? I saw the guy left and so I came.”

“You followed me?”

 

“Yes. I don’t want to disturbed you when I saw you but the urge to come to you is so strong. I know I should not come here but I want to see you.”

 

“Come inside.”

 

He asked how she is and he cries when he learned that she was pregnant. He asked how she got pregnant and she told him the story. She didn’t lie to him. There was nothing to hide in her situation anyway.

 

“Do you love him?”

 

“I don’t know. How are you? You look terrible, Wooyoung, I have to say.”

 

“She left me.”

 

She was flabbergasted. He told her the details. They lost the baby and his wife told him that she was not happy to their relationship. Tiffany told him that she needs to find herself.

 

She said that she felt like losing her mind. She gave up on me, she was always afraid that he will leave her any moment. She gets tired of waiting for me to return her feelings. And so she left. I saw her with another guy and she seemed very happy. And I’m so angry, she knows how much I love you but she find a way to make us apart and then she will do that.

 

“I mean, we lost a child. But we never really got to know each other well. We both lived in a misery for so long. We wasted so much time and effort. I can’t face you because I’m only hurting you.”

 

“Then why did you come here?”

“When I saw you, I can’t help myself.”

 

She was silent. She asked herself why it was happening to them. Maybe if he comes to her when she’s not pregnant she won’t think twice and she will accept him with open arms and they will live happy.

 

But that’s not how it is. A part of her was hurting and another part says that it was better. What he did is so painful and she can’t accept him anymore.

 

And the doors opens she saw Jiyong standing there. She gave him a spare key because he asked for it so he can enter whatever might happen.  And he seems surprise to see Wooyoung.

 

“Ji.” She muttered and stands up.

 

“I came back because I was worried about you.” And he looks at Wooyoung.

 

They exchange glances and they shake hands. Wooyoung said his leaving and she can’t say anything to him. She can’t find words to tell him.

 

All of a sudden, she felt so confused. Why he needs to comeback in her life?

 

---

As promised :)

Enjoy Reading ^_^