Chapter 3

Completely Smitten

" When are you going to work, Jiyong?" My mother asked while we are eating dinner.

This is not the first time that his mother asked the same question. We are having the same conversation in the last 10 years. He used to be a writer the talent that he got from his father. But he had a permanent block after he met an accident a decade ago. He was going home from his research it was dark he crashed to the car who suddenly appear in front of him. He woke up in the hospital after that.

According to his mother the driver of the car is drunk and he was driving fast. It's been to long but he can't write a novel anymore what he can do now is composing songs. And ofcourse the band with the kids. He likes singing it was his way to express his emotions.

My father married a very wealthy woman which is my mother. He was a writer too but he give up to manage the business of my grandfather. He already retired now and my brother got his position. He tried to work to our company too but we don't get along.

My brother Hyo wants me to start at the buttom and thats what I did. He work so hard to get higher position. And when he became the operation manager his brother didn't like everything he proposed. He always turn down my ideas.

There are times that he was thinking that his brorther is jealous of me.

"Mom we've talked about it and you know my answer."

"Don't you like to work in our company? Help your brother." she said.

"I'm ok."

 

 

Dara is with her friend practicing for their comeback. She was not in the mood when she woke up this morning.

"What's wrong Dara?" Chaerin asked me.

"I'm not feeling well"

And she suddenly put her hands to and run to the bathroom.

"Did something happen that you didn't told us?" Bom asked teasing.

"Did you met a man unnie?" Minzy choose to join interogating me.

"Are you pregnant?" Chaerin observing my reaction.

"Why did you think that I am? Nothing...." she suddenly stop when she remember something. No it can't be.

"You're not really going to share what happened? Bom is so eager to know the details.

Chaerin decided to postpone our practice because of my condision. She told them that she will go home and asked Bom to come with her. She drive to the nearest convinience store that she saw.

She get out of her car and Bom follow her inside. She pick five different pregancy kit and pay it to the cashier.

 

She used all the kit that she bought and it feels like she's dying while waiting for the result.

"Who's the lucky guy?" Bom asked her again

"Shut up!"

"Well, I just want to know."

"No one you know."

"Must be someone interesting?"

"Look at the result. Please tell me it's negative." she was so nervous with the result.

Bom stand up and look at the result. "It's negative."

"Really?" she can breathe now that it's negative.

"No, it's positive."

"What?" my eyes got big it can fall out of its socket.

"Well, You told me to tell you it's negative, which is what I did --"

She snatch the pregnancy kit to Bom's hand. It was positive. She check five kit one by one and it's all positive. She feel so weak and sit on the side of her bed.

She can't digest what she just discover and she was not prepared. She picture herself holding a little baby in her arms. Somehow, that made her feel better.

Even though this not how she planned to have a baby there is a part of her that is happy that she's going to be a mother.

"Well?" Bom break the silence.

"I g-guess I should tell the father. I don't think that's the right thing to do but he has to know. Doesn't he?

"Of course, he has to know! What do you mean you don't think that's the right thing to do? What else is the right thing to do anyway? Where did you meet him? What's his name? What does he do?"

"It's a one-night stand, Bom."

"You are the most secretive person I've ever known."

"It's not like I do it all the time.It was the first time actually and it got me pregnant...But maybe the result is not really accurate?

Reality hit her, Jiyong still live with his parent. He was the father of her child. She look at the instruction guide of the pregnancy test kit." Look, we didn't follow the instruction it says that we take this in the morning."

"It doesn't matter. You are pregnant." she really like torturing me.

"Well, maybe not. We didn't follow this. That's why this paper comes with the thingie. It's mean to be followed."

Bom rolled her eyes. She knew she had to call up Jiyong.