Chapter 6

Completely Smitten

Did they already eat?

 

“Yes Sir.” The maid responded.

 

“Wait here,” and before I even pay attention to it Jiyong already walk to the door.  Why do I feel nervous? This is unnecessary because I don’t need to please anybody. If ever they don’t like me it’s not a big deal to me. Jiyong is not even my boyfriend.

 

I wonder why it took so long before Jiyong returns. And he was smiling when he comes back. “I told them.”

 

“What?”

 

“I told them.”

 

“Oh no, now I don’t want to go there. Why you didn’t tell me? It’s embarrassing. What are they going to think about me?” I would understand if his mother would be in shock, if I were in her shoes I’ll feel the same.

 

He just smiled at me. ”Don’t worry I told her that we know each other for a long time and this is not the first time that you went here.”

 

“Oh my God! Then they will think the worst of me. Besides what will happen if they knew that your bandmates only met me now."

 

“You worry too much; we will just say that we want to keep our relationship a secret because you are popular. We don’t want any scandals to be reveal by the press. Stop worrying, Dara, come on. ”

 

Is she mad?”

“No, she was very happy and excited to meet you. And my father took his favorite wine out of cellar. Relax.”

 

If only it was that easy to be calm. But I should be happy because what I’m thinking didn’t happen rather they took it as good news. Maybe this is better than to have a formal meeting or something.

 

We went to the main house and I saw a couple talking in the couch. I have an idea that they are his parents. I politely greet them. And I was a bit surprise that his mother embrace me tight that was unexpected.

 

“Welcome to the family, Dara”

 

“Welcome to the family.” The older guy says the same thing.

 

I want to explain that I don’t have an intention to be a member of his family but they might misunderstand. But I’m thankful in a way because they didn’t mention anything about the wedding but I can sense that Jiyong’s mom wants me to move in.

 

I didn’t expect that they will immediately welcome me to their family. I can see to their eyes the excitement and happiness to the addition to the family and how they like to see the baby.

 

“This is such a wonderful family occasion!” declared by Mrs.Kwon. I’m really glad how things turn to be. I’m sure Jiyong’s parent will be a good grandparent to my child. And they didn’t ask how Jiyong and I met. I’m not comfortable to discuss my fame and I’m happy that they liked me as me not as a celebrity.

 

“Dara, you should start making a list of baby names. Choose a name is kinda long process don’t you think?” Mrs. Kwon suddenly stands. “Where are my manners? Dara might be hungry by now.” Then she walks me to the dining room.

 

Wow! They prepared a lot of food.  I throw all my inhibition and eat everything I like. They I notice that they are all looking at me, I whisper to Jiyong. “They might think I’m a pig.”

 

He laughs out loud. “She said you might think that she’s a pig.”

 

“Nonsense!” said by Mrs. Kwon. “From now on I want you to call me eomeonim. Just eat whatever you like you need more nutrition now that you are pregnant.”

 

The maids are looking at me and then murmuring to each other.

 

“Serve more food. What’s with the commotion? Mrs. Kwon noticed the maids. And she learned that I’m a celebrity. She didn’t said anything about my status she just ask if my work won’t be a problem to my condition.  Because she knows that my work might require me to stay up late.

 

I explained to her that I just need to finish our scheduled tour and I can take a long break after. And she seems pleased with what I’ve said. So she instructs the maid to give me dessert. It’s funny how I feel at ease with them in just short period of time.

 

It feels like I gain a new family having your family beside you is different. That’s why once in a while I’m still in pain remembering my parents who passed away. I need to remind myself that it’s not good to feel so comfortable around them because I will not be a member of the family only my child.

 

It was late when we comeback to Jiyong’s place and he asked my impression about his parents and if I like them.

 

“Yes. I loved them.”

 

“And they loved you.”

 

It was unexplainable I suddenly wanted to cry. The warm welcome might be the reason why. There are lots of things running to my mind and I didn’t expect this to be that easy.  I instantly cuddle Jiyong. He was shock at first but he my back afterwards.

 

“What this for?” he asked me.

 

“For being so wonderful and for having a very wonderful family. My baby… our baby is lucky to have you."

 

 

-------

Another update for letting you guys wait :)

And Thanks for subscribing I appreciate it a lot  ^_^