Chapter 10

Completely Smitten

“Who’s that guy?”

 

“Someone I know,” she answered to his question. She can’t seem to tell him that Wooyoung is part of her past.

 

“Someone you used to date?”

 

“Well… well, yes. He’s an ex.”

 

“What did he want?”

 

“I don’t know. I never got there and you came.”

 

“Is it my fault that you didn’t able to ask him?” his voice was calm but she was not used to see him serious.

 

“I didn’t mean that way. Forget about him.” She doesn’t want to prolong the topic. “I really want to rest now.”

 

She was glad that Jiyong let her to be alone in her room. She wants to think even though she doesn’t know what to think about. What was there to think about anyway?

 

She let out a sigh. Isn’t she a fool? She easily got distracted with Wooyoung’s presence when a while ago she accepts the box that Jiyong gave her. Ah, Jiyong. He was a wonderful guy who loved the things she loved. He was fun, he was an awesome writer…But he was not Wooyoung.

 

It was her dream to be with Wooyoung, she waited for him for so long and now he was free. That was what she wanted ever since, his freedom. But she’s pregnant with Jiyong’s baby. That’s the most important thing she needs to consider.

 

She falls asleep while thinking and when she wakes up her breakfast is already prepared. Jiyong also leave a message that he needs to do something. She heard her phone ringing. It was Wooyoung. He informs her that he will drop by to her house and she agreed. She wants to know what he was thinking.

 

“I’m glad you let me come. I thought he’s still here, that Jiyong.”

 

“He’s a very nice guy.”

 

“What does he do?”

 

“He’s a writer.”

 

“Have I read any of his work?”

 

“Have you heard of G-Dragon?”

 

“Oh the one hit writer?”

 

She got upset because of what she heard. “He still writes. Do you have anything to say, Wooyoung?” Maybe it was her hormones that why she was upset that he was still there. It’s like she regrets allowing him to visit her. Everything he did to her flashes to her mind. Now, she was pissed off. She’s going crazy. Last night she wish that things are different – That she was not pregnant with Jiyong’s child, if only Wooyoung comeback earlier. Now she was just plain pisseed off with Wooyoung. She wants to kick him off the house.

 

“I have thought it over last night. When you said that you don’t love Jiyong, I thought I’m okay with it. I’m willing to accept the baby as my own. I want you back in my life, Dara.”

 

She was stunned to what he said she didn’t expect that he will directly say that. And the tone of his voice is like he’s expecting her to be happy to what he said. She observe herself and she was not happy not in a bit. He was willing to accept her baby? Why, did she want him to accept the baby?

 

Even if she wants him to accept the baby he doesn’t need to think about it after all the things that she endured because of him. But with his voice it was like he’s the one sacrificing.

 

Why did I ever think we’d ever be together? Last night was just an aftershock. Maybe the reason why she can’t think straight last night and a lot of ideas coming to her mind is because she waited for him to comeback in her life. Force of habit. She sort of lived in misery and she got used to it. Maybe she missed the pain or something.

 

Now she was sure that she hated this man’s guts. And she was thankful that things happen between her and Jiyong. She suddenly forgot to aim for someone like Wooyoung. She realized that her life doesn’t revolve only to him that there are lots of beautiful things around her.

 

“So, what do you say, Dara? Can we start over agan?”

 

“Possible…” She put her arms across her chest and looks at him. “Possible if only you didn’t become a jackass.”

 

For the longest time she was in denial and at last it was ended today. Now she was seeing things clearly. She was no longer a fool. And she can say that Wooyoung didn’t expect her to say that.

“Dara…”

 

“Don’t “Dara” me Wooyoung!” she stands up to face him. “I suffer for so long but what did you do? And now you’re talking to me, acting like magnanimous that you’re willing to accept my child? How dare you!”

 

“No, you don’t understand.”

 

“It was you who don’t understand. Get out of my place!”

 

“This is not you, Dara. We still need to talk.” He walks to the door.

 

At the moment she doesn’t feel any regrets. She wished Jiyong was there. She could give him a big hug.

 

----

Thanks for subscribing to story :)