Chapter 11

Completely Smitten

Jiyong throw the flowers in front of his car crushed it with his feet, he gets in and drive away. He had mixed feelings. Maybe the most dominant among others is anger. Dara played with his feelings. And she doesn’t have the right to do that to him.

 

He went back to her house to give her flowers. There’s no particular reason why he wants to give her flowers. He was hoping that she’ll like it. But what did he discover? She accepts Woooyoung. He heard their conversation.

 

“I have thought it over last night. When you said that you don’t love Jiyong, I thought I’m okay with it. I’m willing to accept the baby as my own. I want you back in my life, Dara. So, what can you say, Dara? Can we start over again?”

 

He was holding his breathe while waiting for Dara’s response.

“Possible…”she said

 

He turned his back after that. Upset is not enough to describe how he feels. He was so angry. How can she easily accept Wooyoung? Didn’t she consider marrying him? What would be her excuse? That he can’t buy her a ring? Well, that!

 

What will be the conclusion that he will think of? Dara was waiting for that guy to comeback. Maybe they had a misunderstanding. And he got her pregnant that’s why they had time together and just a snap Dara was able to forget everything that they had because of Wooyoung’s proposal.

 

“!” He smacked the steering wheel. What else is there to talk about? Maybe they are talking about him. What he is? If Dara was able to tell that guy that she didn’t love him then what else will she reveal? How they met each other? It can be.

 

Where will Wooyoung get his confidence to propose to Dara if he didn’t know where he stands? He was confident enough to ask her to get back with him. He, as a man can only do that even if there is another guy involved if he was sure that the result will be in favor to him.

 

Jiyong went to his house. He was like a woman in labor and can’t stay in one spot. He will let his frustration in his writing. The moment he put himself on writing he can’t stop his hands to type in the keyboard. He was like that until the sun was set. He was like a bull, charging and so mad.

 

The doorbell rings. It was their maid holding his lunch. He didn’t notice the time. Now, he feels tired and the hard feelings that he has the other night.

 

He looked at his PC. He was amazed to see he finish quite a number of chapters in one sitting. That had to be a world record. But he doesn’t like to read his work. He was afraid that he can only read how upset he is.

 

He shut down the PC and went to bed. He can’t sleep. Even though he spend all night in writing and his eyes are tired. He can’t find himself to sleep. So this is the effect of Dara to him.

 

He admitted that he was in live with her.

 

What makes it worst is the knowledge that it’s just one sided love.

 

HE was still restless but he had no more energy to keep writing. He drinks milk and try to sleep it was successful this time. He was awakened by the ring of his phone. Someone is calling him. Dara.

 

“Hello?” his voice sounds cold.

 

“Hi, Ji. How have you been?”

 

Like . But you don’t need to know that. I don’t want to dampen your perfect mood right now.

 

“I’m okay. What’s up?”

 

“I just want to ask if you can help me choose the crib for the baby.”

 

Of course. Wooyoung will be hurt if he will accompany you to buy our baby’s things. “When?”

 

“Tomorrow.”

 

“I’m going to be busy tomorrow.”

 

“Oh… the day after tomorrow then?”

 

“I’ll let you know if I’m free.”

 

“Honey!”

 

He turned his head to the door. It was his favorite aunt Aunt Kahi. She lives in the States but every time she’s in the country she always meet him first. He was her favorite nephew. He bid goodbye to Dara. He has the right to sulk. He can bet every time Wooyoung can’t help Dara she will come to him to ask for help.

 

What did he expect? Dara will always be Dara. She was a star. She was way up there. She has so many fans that admire her. While he lost his fans years ago. The one-hit wonder G-Dragon. Why did he ever think that Dara and he will be together?

 

It just sad she had to be so cruel.

 

“How are you gorgeous?”

 

“I’m okay.” She gives him a hug. Aunt Kahi is a beauty and lots of people mistaken her to be single. She’s married and has a daughter.

 

“You’re looking younger and younger every time I see you.”

 

“One reason why you’re my favorite is you know how to give compliments. I heard you’re getting married?”

 

“I’m not. I’m just having a child.”

 

“Oh she squeezed his hand. “Why don’t we go out and celebrate?”

 

He can’t say no to his aunt. She wants to go to malls because according to her the prices are way cheaper than in America. She noticed that he was not in the mood.

 

“Is there anything wrong, my dear?”

 

He shakes his head but she didn’t believe him. They went inside a restaurant. Even though it’s still early she orders liquor. She’s cool like that. After a few shots he was able to open up he told her about Dara.

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Well, she doesn’t love me. And that’s all you’re getting from me.”

 

“But that’s impossible, Jiyong. It’s hard not to love you. Everybody loves you.”

 

He gives her a force smile. She taps his shoulder and told him that everything will be okay. There’s solution to every problem and he must not entertain problems. He wants to do it but Dara would keep bugging his mind, he was sure.

 

“I like the food here it’s really good.”

 

“This is her favorite restaurant.”

 

“Really? She has good taste. No wonder you fell for her.”

 

“We go here every time we’re in this mall. She could eat a whole box of pizza. She loves it.”

 

She doesn’t seem to be interested to what he was saying. She was busy sipping her wine. And he was shock to hear Dara’s voice. She was standing beside their table and Wooyoung is at her back.

 

“Dara…”

 

“You said you’re busy today,” her voice like reprimanding him.

 

He can’t believe to what she said. She was with Wooyoung. What would the man think of him? An errand boy? “As you can see, I am. I am with my –“

 

“Girlfriend,” his aunt finished his sentence. She kicked his feet to stop him for opening his mouth. She offers her hand to Dara. “Hello, I’m Kahi. So you’re Dara. I heard a lot of things about you. So you’re carrying Jiyong’s child. How…wonderful.”

 

Dara was stunned to what the woman has said. He wants to stop his aunt if only Wooyoung didn’t put his hands to her shoulder. Dara was waiting for his explanation but why will he do that? He was not at fault. Because she didn’t expect that he knows about their conversation? No way!

 “We’ll talk some other time, Dara.”

 

“”Fine.” She walks out.

 

“She loves you child.”

 

“No. She loves that she’s with!” he said with conviction. It was really sad to see the one you love with someone else on their side.  Maybe it's about time that he needs to accept that fact.

 

-----

It makes me feel happy when I read comments...thanks :)