A Close Call

I Won't Ever Hurt You

You dropped your bags and tried to fight off whoever had a grip on you. The person turned you around and looked you straight in the eyes. Out of fear, you didn’t dare look at them that is until the person started speaking.

“________-ah, it’s just me.”

You opened your eyes to see Dongho.

“Dongho oppa?”

“Neh, Kevin hyung sent me to check up on you. He didn’t want you to be by yourself.”

His English has very much improved since the last time you spoke to him.

“So you were the one in the drug store?”

“Neh, I had to wear a disguise so people wouldn’t recognize me.”

You noticed Dongho’s dark jacket and sunglasses, and short black hair. Wrong gender, whoops.

“I thought you were that crazy stalker fangirl coming to kill me.”

“Mianhae.”

“I’m glad to see you, but shouldn’t you be in practice?”

“Ani, we talked it over with manager hyung first and he said as long as I’m back in two hours, it’s okay. By the way, what were you doing in the pharmacy anyway?”

You suddenly got very nervous.

“N—nothi--ng. Just buying a few things, that’s all.”

In the struggle, your bags fell to the ground and Dongho picked one up and looked inside it. His eyes got wide when he saw the contents.

“________-ah, you’re pregnant?!”

Well he already knows so there’s no point in hiding it.

“Neh, I just found out yesterday.”

“Does Kevin hyung know?”

“Ani, I didn’t want to tell him.”

“Waeyo?”

“I think you know why Dongho. I just couldn’t tell him. I don’t know how he’ll react.”

You could tell Dongho was a little confused at this.

“Look, you have to keep this between you and I, okay? Don’t tell him.”

“Why shouldn’t I”, he said getting all cocky, but it was still cute.

“Please oppa?”

“Who else knows?”

“Eli knows. He’s the one that took me to the hospital yesterday. Promise that you won’t tell?”

“I don’t make promises, but for you, I’ll make an exception.”

“Kamsahamnida!! Okay, I’m not feeling too well, so I’m going to go home and sleep a little. You can tell Kevin that I’m fine, but don’t mention the you-know-what.”

“No problem. I’ll see you later ________-ah. Stay well.”

You left and walked back to your apartment, bags in hand.

Dongho POV

I can’t believe ________ is pregnant again. And what I can’t believe even more is why she doesn’t want Kevin to know. I think I know why, though.

“I should go back and report to the hyungs. They’ll be interested to know what’s been going on.”

I took our van back to the studio where all the other members were practicing. When they saw me come in, they all got curious looks on their faces.

“So is she okay”, Kevin asked.

“Neh, she’s fine, in a sense, but she thought I was the crazy fangirl.”

“Why would she think that? She’s still in jail, right”, Kevin asked concerned.

“Aniyo, she was released yesterday”, AJ hyung replied.

“WHATTT!! Why didn’t anyone tell me!?”

“We figured ________ told you.”

“No, she never did, but then again, when I woke up, she was sleeping and I knew she wanted to let me sleep, so that’s probably why she didn’t tell me.”

“Uh, hyung, there’s something else she didn’t tell you.”

Eli shot me a glance so evil, I immediately knew why she didn’t want Kevin to know. It all made sense now. The reason why she made him take her to the hospital and the reason why she didn’t want Kevin to know. She was cheating on Kevin with Eli hyung and now she’s carrying Eli’s baby. That’s why she seemed to like him the best and spent the most time with him out of all of us besides Kevin.

I got angry and charged at Eli.

“How could you do this to Kevin?! He’s your band mate and you just go and fool around with his wife?!”

Kevin’s eyes got huge and everyone turned to him

“What the hell are you talking about Dongho?! I never slept with ________!!”

“Then why didn’t she tell Kevin that she was pregnant?! She only told you and you were the one that went with her yesterday to the hospital. It should’ve been Kevin!! Not you, unless you’re the father of course.”

“________’s pregnant”, Kevin asked with a hint of pain in his voice.

“Yeah, I talked to her in the park and she was carrying bags full of pregnancy stuff from the pharmacy. She told me she was pregnant, but told me not to tell you. The only other person that knew was Eli.”

“Eli, is there something you would like to say”, Soohyun said sternly.

“I swear to God, I never slept with her.”

“I don’t believe you”, Kevin said balling his fists up.

Everyone looked at Kevin with shocked expressions. They’ve rarely seen Kevin get mad.

“You don’t believe me, then go ask her for yourself. Hell, I’ll take a damn paternity test to prove that I’m not the father. It’s your baby, not mine.”

Just then, Kevin ran at Eli and kicked him in the crotch, hard. He doubled over in pain.

“That’s so you’ll know to keep it in your pants next time.’

Then Kevin stormed out of the room and the rest of us said nothing. We didn’t know what to say.

Kevin POV

I can’t believe this!! I trusted him and I sure as hell trusted her. She’s my wife for crying out loud!! And she just goes behind my back and screws my fellow member. Pssh, whatever. I’ll confront her and let her tell her side of the story first.

I got in my car and drove home. When I got into the apartment, I noticed the bags from the drug store on the kitchen counter. I looked in the bag and there, just like Dongho said, was pregnancy stuff like prenatal vitamins and morning sickness medicine. She must’ve heard the door slam and came running out to meet me. When she saw I saw what was in the bags, her face dropped.

“Look, I can explain”, she said quickly.

“You can explain? You can explain how Dongho was the one I had to find out from that my wife is pregnant?”

“I was going to tell you, okay. It’s just with you getting back to U-Kiss and with a baby on the way, I didn’t want you to give up on your dream. I wanted you to stay with them.”

“Oh so that’s your explanation, huh? Or is it because I’m not the father?”

She just looked at me as if I shot her.

“Because you’re not the father? Where did that even come from Kevin? Of course you’re the father? You’re the only guy I’ve ever been with.”

“Are you sure about that?!”

“Yeah I think I’d remember sleeping with another guy.”

“Then why did you ask Eli to take you to the hospital yesterday and not me?”

“That’s what this is all about? Look, I asked Eli oppa to take me because you were sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you. I knew you needed your sleep. Wait, you think I cheated on you with Eli?”

“That’s what Dongho told me.”

“You should know by now that you can’t always believe what Dongho says.”

“So it’s not true?”

She walked up to me and put her arms around my waist.

“Oppa, of course not. I’m 1 million percent sure that this baby is yours. Unless somehow I could create a baby all by myself, other than that, you’re going to be a father.”

I finally felt reassured and I can’t believe I jumped to conclusions like that. Then I remembered that I had really hurt Eli.

“Look, I need to go back to the studio. I have umm, a big mess that I need to clean up.”

“What did you do?”

“I kind of umm, kicked Eli hyung in the crotch.”

“Poor Eli oppa. I think if you buy him a few cases of Red Bull, he’ll forgive you.”

"I hope so. Wish me luck."