It's Your Choice

I Won't Ever Hurt You

"What do you want to do", Deanna asked you.

"Well---I guess it's better to tell him about the baby right away and then move to Korea. I have to think what's best for our child now."

"And we will support your decision."

Deanna drove you home and started helping you pack your things. You had to leave your furniture here since you could just buy some in Korea. All you really packed was your belongings. Being you were still a young adult, you didn't collect much so after a few hours, all of it was packed in boxes waiting to be shipped off to your new home country.

"Are you going to call Kevin now?"

"I think it's better if I Skype him. I'll see if he's on."

You went to your laptop and logged into your Skype account. You saw that Kevin was on too. You clicked the video call button. A few seconds later, Kevin's smiling face appeared.

"_______!! I'm so glad to hear from you. Are you okay?"

"Neh. I'm fine. Your sister is here with me."

"Hey Kevin", Deanna said.

"Noona, how are you? How's umma and appa?"

"We're all fine, but it's not about us. _____ has something important to tell you."

"Have you decided to come live in Korea with us?!"

"Yes, but there's something else too."

"I'm so relieved to hear you say that. What else is it?"

"Well, umm I don't know how to tell you this."

"Tell me. _____ you're scaring me."

You braced yourself.

"Kevin, I'm....."

"You're what?"

"I'm pregnant."

Bomb dropped.

"You're what!?"

"I'm going to have a baby. It's yours, well obviously."

Kevin's face was full of so many emotions you couldn't even tell what his reaction was. Finally he spoke up.

"That's--that's so--unexpected."

Not quite the reaction you were looking for.

"But, that's also wonderful. I'm going to be a father!! And you're going to be an umma!!"

"Really?! You really mean that?"

"Of course. It's going to be amazing."

"I'm so glad to hear you say that Kevin, but wait. What about U-Kiss?"

Kevin's face fell.

"Oh yeah, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll have to tell the fans that I'm getting married and that I'm going to be a father. Hopefully, they'll accept it. If not, then I guess I'll just have to leave the group. I have another family to look after now."

I could tell saying that broke his heart and you couldn't stand to see him upset.

"I'll be in Korea and we'll be together before you know it", you said trying to cheer him up.

"Yes, then you'll be safe. I'll be waiting for you. I love you."

"Love you too oppa. Goodbye."

"Annyeong."

"Well, that went well, but I still feel terrible for making him choose between me and U-Kiss."

"It's okay. Trust me, yes, this is his dream, but his family has always been his top priority."

"Well U-Kiss is like his family too."

"Don't worry, everything will work itself out in the end."

"I hope so."