The Game of Life ∞

The Land of Inspiria. ∞

We went home after 2pm, the boys still were exhausted from their first day of work. They immediately changed and started practicing. It was tiring for them, working in the morning and rehearsing in the afternoon, all the way until 7pm. They were a hard-working group of boys, doing everything from singing to dancing.

At 5pm, Woohyun and Sungkyu practice their vocal ranges while Dongwoo and Hoya rehearsed a rap created by them, along with a dance to go with it. Sungyeol, L, and Sungjong fell asleep waiting for their hyungs. I decided to let them rest. After all, it had been a long day.

★               ★               ★

"Okay, everyone, let's get back to work!" Sungkyu said.

The members whined. "But we just had dinner."

The leader stared at them. "Do you remember why we're doing this; why we're practicing day and night?"

Hoya spoked up. "For our dreams."

"Exactly. How will we be able to achieve them if we stop trying, even for a minute? We're human beings now. This is our new life. We have to stop depending on others and learn to get up by ourselves." Sungkyu had dark circles under his eyes, a sign that he had been practicing endlessly, with a minimum amount of sleep.

He let out a small breath. "____ is trying her hardest to help us, guys. If you don't want to do it for yourselves, then do it for her." He looked at me. "She's done a lot for us."

The rest of the members turned to look at me as well. Sungkyu oppa's speech was so leader-like and motivating. He definitely had the characteristics of a hyung.

I smiled at them. "You can do it. I believe in you guys."

After a moment, Dongwoo got up, brushed his pants, and looked at the rest of us. "Well, let's get rollin', then."

★               ★               ★

All of the members fell onto the floor, tired once again. I ran upstairs to grab them water and snacks, but by the time I came back down to the basement, they were fast asleep.

I smiled, sitting down and setting the food aside. To the left of me was a box. It had a piece of paper taped to it.

_______'s games.

I looked through the box, wondering when mom and dad brought it down here. Inside, I found the Game of Life.

I chuckled lightly, remember how this was my favourite childhood game. I dusted the box and opened it up.

Everything was still in its place; the game board, the cars and pegs of little people, and even the instruction sheet.

"Hey, what's that?" A voice said.

I jumped. It was Sungyeol, walking in from the hallway with a bottle of water.

He grinned, waving. "Sorry, did I scare you?"

"A bit." I chuckled. "This? This was my favourite game to play when I was a kid." I gestured for him to sit in front of me.

"Aren't you still a kid?" He eyed me, snickering.

"Ya!" I scoffed. "As if you still aren't."

He laughed. "Kidding, kidding. But this sounds cool. Can I play?"

"Yeah, I'll teach you." I smiled.

It took a few minutes to teach Sungyeol the game. Finally, it was up and running.

"DAEEBAK, FIVE SPACES !" He rubbed his hands together, then moved his car up five spots. He landed on the 'pick a career' square.

"Omo!" I held out about ten cards, faced down, in front of him. "Here, pick a card for your career."

"Mm..." He closed his eyes and chose one. He looked at me, smiling. "Can I flip it over?"

I nodded. "You sure can."

He gasped. "____ !! I'm an entertainer !!" He showed me the card.

I grinned widely; it was as if it were fate. "Omo, Sungyeol oppa, it's perfect !!"

He chuckled, looking at his card. "It feels like it was meant to be."

I smiled as Sungyeol stared at his card, smiling to himself. I suddenly felt how much he wanted this, to be an entertainer.

"Hey, whatcha guys doin'?" Woohyun woke up, rubbing his eyes.

"We're playing a game. Wanna join?" I asked.

"Sure!" Woohyun grinned.

"Ani, ani, ani !! ____ and I are playing right now." Sungyeol replied.

I laughed. "More than two people can play, Sungyeollie."

"Oh. Really?" He asked.

I chuckled. "Really."

I never really thought about it, but Infinite were the experts at Inspiria, while I was the young grasshopper who knew of nothing, learning something new each day I visited. Now that we were on Earth, our roles seemed to have switched.

★               ★               ★

It was ten o'clock, and our game wasn't finished.

The down side to the Game of Life, is that it took forever to finish.

"Ah, time to sleeeeep !" Sungyeol stretched.

Woohyun frowned. "How come you get to be the entertainer? I wanted that career!"

I laughed. "Still sulking over that, oppa?"

"I'm... I'm not sulking!" His eyebrows lowered and Sungyeol snickered.

"I'm the besttt ~~" Sungyeol mumbled, doing a small victory dance.

"Huh? What did you say, Lee Sungyeol?" Woohyun asked.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He grinned at his hyung.

"Come on guys, let's clean this up." I started to pack the game pieces up.

"NOOOO!!!" Sungyeol and Woohyun said in unison.

I smiled. "Don't worry. We'll continue another day, okay?"

"Promise?" Sungyeol asked. His expression looked extremely serious. "Promise it'll be really soon?"

I laughed, putting the game back into its' box. "I promise, you eager beavers."