First Day at Work (Part II) ∞

The Land of Inspiria. ∞

Author's Note

Before we start the story...

Another note of apology. ;;

I'm so, so, so sorry, subbers!

I never keep my word on saying that I'll update soon; and it's almost been 6 months since I have.

Thanks for being ever so patient with me. I can't tell you guys how much it means. c':

So as a gift of apology, I've updated not once, but twice! o u o

Heh. Thanks to Maria for reminding me that this story still existed, and that many still read it. c:

Enjoy! o/

 


 

Hoya walked up and down the produce aisles, unpacking boxes and sorting foods. Meanwhile, Dongwoo looked out for confused customers.

"Jeogiyo! Excuse me, do you work here?" A man asked.

"Ah, ne! Can I help you, sir?" He bowed. His green polo made him look more friendly, energized, and approachable as he flashed a smile.

"Yes. I'm looking for kamja."

"Potatoes?" Dongwoo gestured politely to the right. "To your left, last row of produce."

The man bowed, smiling. "Ah, kamsahamnida."

"Cheonmaneyo!" Dongwoo bowed back as the man left for his potatoes. ( A/N: we're learning korean. potato = kamja !! 8D ) He looked at Hoya. "I think I'm getting the hang of this grocery stuff."

Hoya stacked the apples neatly. "Jinjja?"

"Mm!" Dongwoo smiled as he started to poke holes in cardboard boxes, waiting for another lost customer.

Hoya looked at his twin. "Ya, I could use some help, you know."

"Hm? Oh, right." Dongwoo walked towards Hoya, noticing the mountain of apples. "Hey, look! It looks like our mountain, Mount Gemini !" He pointed at the apple mountain.

Hoya chuckled. "It sorta does."

Dongwoo brought a tangerine over. "And this would be where our home is." He placed it next to the apple at the peak of the mountain.

Hoya looked like he'd be in tears soon. Dongwoo looked at him. "Aigoo, gwaenchana. It's okay."

Dongwoo had always been the older twin, but it was Hoya that was more mature, who seemed more like the hyung. It was in situations like this, that Dongwoo's hyung-side showed.

Dongwoo looked at the apple mountain. "We'll build our own 'Mount Gemini', our own home, right here on Earth, arasseo?"

Hoya's smile was small as he tried to stay strong. He nodded. "Arasseo."

m e a n w h i l e . . .

"Ya, Sungyeol, come here!" Woohyun said.

"Hm? Yeah, hyung?"

"How did they say the scale worked again?" Woohyun scratched his head, staring at the scale used to weigh meat.

"You put the meat here, and the measurement will show up here." Sungyeol explained.

"Ah. Oh yeah! thanks, Sungyeollie." Woohyun grinned greasily.

As Sungyeol walked away from Woohyun and into the 'employees only' part of the meat & deli department, his eyes were met with chicken s.

Chicken.

s.

Skinned.

Boneless.

Not to mention, also raw.

But it didn't matter to a ten-tailed fox. Sungyeol eyed the meat, his hands about to reach for them.

"Geo... Geogi... Meat..." he chanted.

"Sungyeol, STOP !" A voice shouted. The fox snapped out of his trance. It was Woohyun, and he was walking closer to his dongsaeng.

"Are you crazy? We're humans now! No matter how tempting it is, we can't. People will look at us funny, too."

Sungyeol pouted. "But... I'm still a fox, after all."

"I know. What, you don't think this meat is tempting me, as well?" The dragon replied. "It'll give us a really bad stomache ache, too. Remember, we have the internal systems of humans now. If we eat raw meat, there's no telling what will go wrong."

Sungyeol nodded. "You're right, hyung." He blinked. "Wow... you're right." He chuckled, earning a punch on his arm from Woohyun. "Ow. But for the sake of becoming stars and being famous, let's stick to a human's diet !"

★               ★               ★

Infinite's shift was from 9:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. Once it was two in the afternoon, they all ran to me, exhausted.

"Well, how was it?" I asked, grinning.

"It was... it was... tiring!" Dongwoo said, breathless.

"But it was fun." Sungjong smiled.

"Good, because we'll be coming back the day after tomorrow." Sungkyu grinned.

"WHAT?!" They said in unison.

"Yeah, it's a job! You guys are working five hours a day, from 9am to 2pm, for four days a week."

Sungyeol fell onto Dongwoo's shoulder. L threw his head back and whined.

I laughed. Training Infinite to be employees was going to be fun.