The Eerie Silence Before the First Storm

Black Rose Manor

 

[L.Joe’s PoV]

I bowed to the Prince, knowing that Woohyun was too, both of us were terrified by the Red Rose and their supports, why? Well, let’s just say, they’re very capable of killing you within a blink of an eye., which is why it’s important to be polite to them. I held my breath, expecting to be attacked along  with Woohyun, however the only thing that happened was the oldest prince helped me and Woohyun to our feet.

“You two are the ones who’ve been placing the Roses here to protect him from your people…or should I say fathers, right?”

The two of us nodded, he eyed us and said, “You are the black rose’s children, right?”

The two of us nodded, “We are…”

Jaehyo looked away and out the window, “There are more out there?”

“An army…” I said.

“Why?” asked Jaehyo, his glowing crimson eyes looking deep into my soul, “You want to help us? Why would you, the black rose heir, want to help the people the black rose over threw?”

“No, I want to protect the boy who is to become my maiden,” Said L.Joe, “because I want order back in our kind…because I’m disgusted by what my father and the other black rose members are doing…that is why I want to help…That is why they all want to help.”

Jaehyo glanced at me and walked around the two of us in a circle, “As much as I hate to believe it, I can see that you are telling the truth…I really don’t want help from the son of the man who killed my father and nearly killed Chanhee, but I guess I need your help...We’re greatly outnumbered as it is, it won’t hurt to have a little bit more numbers…”

I smiled in relief and then we heard a pain filled sound come from Chunji, we all glanced at the pale boy on the bed, he was subconsciously pulling at his hair. I watched as he went to scratch himself up with his rather long nails, Jaehyo however, went straight to the younger boy, holding his wrists.

“What is wrong with him?” I asked, standing at the foot of the bed and looked at the princes.

“I don’t know…” hissed Jaehyo in aggravation, “all I know is that he is still stuck in the form my father sent him away in…”

“What do you mean?” I asked, looking at Jaehyo and then at the younger son, “He looks normal to me.”

“Well, he’s not…” said Jaehyo, “His eyes aren’t crimson like mine, so that is how I know…He’s currently trapped in this human form…he can’t remember the past, the attacks, or even me, on top of that, he can’t use his powers…”

“Which is why you feel the need to protect him,” I said, looking at Jaehyo, who was glaring back at me. I just realized what I did and looked at him in fear, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to…”

“Don’t worry about that right now…” growled out Jaehyo.

Suddenly the bed room door opened and a cheerful boy ran into the room, “Hyu-Who are all of you?”

“What are you doing to our hyung?” Hissed another, the boy who had yelled at me in the cafeteria in school, his eyes narrowed at me and then at Jaehyo.

However, the third one, the oldest of the three froze, recognizing us…well, Jaehyo.

“You don’t remember me?” said Jaehyo, cocking his head to the side.

“Wh-Why are you here?” stuttered out the third, obviously something happened between Jaehyo and him without anyone knowing.

“I’m here to watch over the brother I told you about years ago…I’ve finally found him.” Said Jaehyo, smiling, his grip still on Chunji’s wrists, “As have I found those noble’s sons…It’s amazing to think a Red Rose would lie to their leader…”

The two younger boys looked at the third boy with confusion written all over their face, however, their expressions were ignored by the oldest who kept his eyes glued to the floor, trembling a bit in fear, so he does remember who he truly is? I scratched the back of my neck in confusion and looked at the trembling boy again.

“I only lied to protect him…” whispered the boy.

“Why would you lie and protect him from his own brother?” hissed Jaehyo, “If you would’ve just told me I could have protected him all these years and you wouldn’t have had to keep moving all over!”

“I didn’t tell you because your father told me not to!” yelled out the boy, “He told me not to try and awaken him, he told me not to awake these two also, because he didn’t want them to be a part of the worlds were they’d be constantly in danger and filled with paranoia!”

Jaehyo looked at him in shock, “Why didn’t I hear of this? I was with my father when he died…he didn’t tell me such a thing!”

“I don’t know why you heard of this, but all I know is that no one can break the seal the king put on his powers and memories…” said the boy, “There is no possible way to get the brother you knew back…”

“But he remembers my face…” said Jaehyo.

“That doesn’t mean anything hyung…” said the boy.

“Sungyeol…”

“The king told me that he might feel like he’s familiar with somethings, but never once will he remember why that thing or picture he saw is so familiar…” said Sungyeol, “I’m sorry hyung, I really am…but there is no known way to wake him up from this form…”

Jaehyo looked down at his sweaty younger brother who was suffering from nightmares, letting out a sigh of defeat, “There must be a way though…”

Sungyeol looked at the older with sad eyes, looking away.

“What is going on?” asked the two boys who had stayed silent earlier to see if they could catch onto anything.

Jaehyo ignored the two and looked at Sungyeol, “We have to find a way to awaken him…they’ve found him and you all and are probably on their way here to get you all…”

Sungyeol looked at Jaehyo in fear, “They’re coming right now?”

I nodded, “I can sense them getting closer at a tremendous speed.”

Jaehyo looked at me and cursed, “Bring the others in…increase security around Chunji, alright?” I nodded, and he then turned his attention to Sungyeol and the other two, “You three come with me, we must go talk with the others who are waiting down stairs in the living room…”

The three nodded and followed the older prince out of the room, along with Ukwon and BBomb, the two guardians of the older prince.

“There is no way we’ll be able to fend off our fathers…” said Woohyun as I called the others up.

I looked at him and nodded, “I know, but it’s at least worth a try…even though we don’t know the whole story behind why all this is happening just yet, we’ll need to try to protect him, otherwise all that both of us have worked for, that freedom and peace the two of us dreamed of will vanish and most of all the Red Rose would lose another petal, and we all know what that means…”

“We'd be one step closer to the day the world would be roamed by the Black Rose…all the humans would fall victim to them and they’d all become so strong they’re unstoppable…” said Woohyun, as the others appeared, all wearing the same black clothes Woohyun and I were wearing.

I nodded, “Do you really want to let that happen?” 

 

If this chapter confused you here is a short (possibly easier to understand summary): (Also please excuse all mistakes in this chapter, after all nobody is perfect!)

 

Jaehyo and L.Joe meet, they talk about the danger coming for Chunji and about their feelings to protect the boy, after talking about the danger, Sungyeol, Sungjong, and Niel burst into the room, two don't recognize Jaehyo while Sungyeol recognizes him, because unlike the others, he was left in his demonic form, while the others are in human forms with their powers sealed away by the deceased Demon King. Also, if you are curious, Sungyeol does remember everything and just acts like he doesn't around the others.