New House, New Town, New Life, New School…

Black Rose Manor

 

A week has passed since Mr. Choi and his family moved into their new house, they had most the boxes unpacked, but there were still some just waiting to be opened. The boys had their personal boxes unpacked and they had their rooms set up and organized, especially the ill boy, Chunji, who would be in his more than the others due to the winter drawing closer which meant he wouldn’t be able to exit the house often because of the risk his illness would get worse because of the cold.  Anyway, the four boys were moved in completely and were getting ready to head to their first day at the Black Rose Academy, a private school in the village they now lived in, it wasn’t the only school, but it was a highly regarded school, so their father was proud to send them there.

The ill boy slipped on his last piece of the uniform, his school blazer, and headed towards the door after wrapping his blue scarf around his neck and throwing his bag over his shoulder. However, as he flicked off the lights to the room, he could have sworn he felt someone else’s presence in the room, their gaze burning his whole backside. He shook his head after glancing into the room and seeing nothing. He slipped out of the room, closing the door behind him and heading down stairs, knowing that his family was waiting for him down at the dining table.

As he stepped into the room, he was greeted by cheery hellos from the maids and a smile from his father; he smiled back weakly, his illness already getting the best of him from the wet, cold weather they were getting. He sat down beside his older brother and was greeted by his younger brothers squealing out their hellos before going back to their conversation about how happy they were about being in the manor, when just a week ago, they were protesting the move.

Chunji sat eating silently, listening as his siblings talked happily and excitedly about the day of school that was to come, however, as the conversation dragged on, he began to think about how he felt like someone was watching him all the time when he was in his room, he could even feel their gaze in his sleep and he was really beginning to get freaked out by it. Why? Add that feeling onto the thunderstorms in the middle of the night and the creepy graveyard that his room sat overlooking and it’s the perfect setting for a horror story of some sort.

“Young masters, the driver is here to pick you boys up,” Said the maid, bowing as she entered the dining room.

“Alright.” Said the boys sitting up and grabbing their bags as they made their way to the front of the house, where there was a butler waiting for them with an umbrella. The three others ran out through the pouring rain to the car, where they sat and waited for the butler and their brother who could get seriously ill from running through they ran to get to the car.

“Hyung, hurry up!” Yelled Niel, “We’re going to be late on our first day.”

“I’m going as fast as this old hag will allow me to!” called back Chunji, the butler sped up his pace, as did Chunji, who climbed into the car as soon as he got to it, shutting the door in the old man’s face.

 

As soon as the car pulled up to the front of the school the three took off running, leaving Chunji to walk in by himself, the three had gotten out of the office by the time he got there, anyway, he got his schedule and was taken to his class by the principal, who happily introduced him to the class, as he walked in he felt the familiar feeling stir up in him, as if he was being stared at again.

[Chunji's PoV]

“This is Choi Chanhee, also known as Chunji, he’s new here and his family moved into the village a week ago, take care of him,” Said the principal, “His health is fragile and he can easily fall ill, so he will not participate in any of outdoor activities until the spring, and he won’t be at school during the winter due to the illness too.”

“Alright, well, Chunji, you can sit in the back behind Youngmin…” said the teacher.

The blonde boy in the back of class raised his hand, smiling at me his twin who sat beside him smiled at me too. I walked back there to them and sat behind the blonde boy, who turned around in his seat to introduce himself.

“I’m Youngmin, this is my twin Kwangmin,” Said the boy, his smile wide and his eyes shining, despite it pouring the rain down.

“I’m Chunji…” I said in a soft, weak, hoarse voice which was caused from my cold.

“You’re the son of the man, who just moved into the Black Rose Manor, aren’t you?” asked the younger of the two twins, Kwangmin, I think…

I nodded, “I am…”

They smiled, “Welcome to Black Rose Academy…”

 

At lunch time, I walked around the cafeteria, sense someone’s stare on me as I looked around for my brothers, however, at the same time I was looking at the person who was, well, staring at me so intensely. I sighed when I could find either, I turned around, ready to walk back out of the cafeteria when my wrist was pulled by someone behind me. I turned around and there stood a light brown haired boy looking at me with an emotionless expression.

“Are you looking for someone?”

I nodded.

“Who is it? I can help you find them.”

“I don’t even know you…” I said.

“I’m L.Joe.” said the semi mysterious boy, smirking a bit as he looked at me from my head to my toes and back up again.

I opened my mouth to reply back to him but was interrupted by my “brother” yelling, “CHUNJI!”

I looked at the boy who was a year younger than me and bolting towards me at an extremely fast pace. I looked at him shocked as he practically tackled me; he glared at the boy who still had ahold of my wrist.

“Let go of my hyung.”

“Sungjong, calm down…” I said, looking at the younger boy, and then looking at the pale stranger, “However, could you let go of my wrist?”

The light brown haired boy looked at me and smirked, “We’ll meet again, Chunji.”

The boy removed his grip on my wrist and stuck his hands in his pocket, smiling as he walked past me, brushing our shoulders together, when they made contact I shivered and turned around to yell at him, but when I looked at the hallway he was nowhere to be seen.

My younger brother then looked all over me, “Are you ok? Did he hurt you?”

I looked at him and pushed him away, “Sungjong, I’m okay…but why would you of all people act so hostile towards someone?”

He looked at me, then at the cafeteria, towards the table where the light brown haired boy was sitting with some others and the twins from my classes, “I just heard that there is something weird about those kids…” 

 

Chunji's brothers are slowly being revealed...Also, what is so 'weird' about the kids at that table? Make a guess and put it in the comments...talking about comments...the more comments I get the more and faster I'll update, because it gives me more of an inspiration to write. 

 

Also, there is part of a "ghost" in the poster, can you find him???