Nightmares disturbed by…a Black Rose?

Black Rose Manor

 

[Chunji’s PoV]

I sighed as I put up the umbrella, walking through the rain again, school had ended a half an hour ago and I was home again…Although this place isn’t really home for me and it most likely will never be. I finally got into the safety of the house, closing my umbrella and taking off my wet shoes, heading straight towards the stairs.

“Where are you going?” asked my father.

I looked at him, lying, “I’m not feeling very good…I’m going to sleep, don’t wake me up, ok? I’ll get dinner when I wake up.”

“Alright.” Said my appa, smiling.

I turned around and headed up the stairs, secretly rolling my eyes, hearing Sungyeol and Sungjong in the living room bickering about something. I shook my head and just went straight to my room where I took off my jacket and dress shirt, tossing both over the back of my desk’s chair and laying on my back on my bed, wearing a thin tee shirt and beige khakis from school. I sighed and ruffled my own hair, rolling onto my side, feeling a little queasy, maybe I actually am getting sick…It wouldn’t surprise me…

I heard a knock on the door and stood up on weaker legs, yep, I’m slowly falling ill. I opened the door and Sungyeol was standing there holding a cup of tea and some medicine.

“Appa sent me up here with these…He said make sure you sleep in warm clothes and under the blanket,” Said Sungyeol, smiling, “Also he told me to tell you not to sleep to the window open again.”

“I didn’t open the window…” I said, looking at him.

“You didn’t?”

I nodded, looking at the large windows on the opposite wall, shrugging. I took the medicine and hot tea from Sungyeol happily taking the medicine I then set the tea on the bedside table.

“Chunji, get some heavier clothes on and rest well, ok?” asked Sungyeol.

I nodded, “I will hyung.”

He then left and I walked to my dresser, opening my drawers, pulling on a tight fitting black, long sleeved, v-cut tee shirt and a baggy pair of gray sweat pants that hung low on my hips. I threw my khakis into the dirty laundry basket and then fell back onto my bed, looking over at the windows, I stood up and walked around to each, making sure that they all were locked, then I shut off the lights and climbed into the bed, laying on my side, facing the wall that lead to the bathroom. My mind was too filled with thoughts to fall asleep.

However, after an hour or so of listening to the rain fall outside I found peace in my mind and ended up asleep.

 

[3rd PoV]

A boy stood in the room hidden by the semitransparent curtains, smiling as he say the boy’s chest raise and fall with his calm breaths. He stepped closer to the bed with silent feet, his eyes locked onto the figure in the bed he had stared at multiple times. A smile danced onto his lips as he approached the bed, he looked at the pale, ill boy’s beautiful face. He caressed the boy’s cheek, seeing that the boy seemed to be having a nightmare from the way he was constantly moving. He snapped silently and a black rose appeared, he set it on the bedside table where an empty tea cup and a picture of the boy and his original family sat. The boy picked up the picture, examining it in shock.

“This is impossible…” whispered the boy.

“Are you going to kill him?” asked a second voice suddenly.

The boy jumped and looked at the door to the room seeing the black haired man who owned the house and the father of the boy sleeping in the bed.  The boy glared at the man, “No…It’d be impossible too.”

“What do you mean?” asked the man “Isn’t the black rose a sign of death?”

The boy looked at him, not moving, “Is this is real father?”

The man nodded, “He was a good friend of mine who told me to take care of Chunji when he died.”

The boy looked at the picture, setting it back on the table and looked back at the man, “Are you one of them too?”

The man shook his head, “I’m just a normal human…However Chunji’s a mix…”

The boy looked at the man, “Why are you telling me all of this?”

“Because, my best friend told me what their kind is to you,” Said the man, “My friend told me to bring him here, he said that you and your people would take good care of him and help him when he beings to develop his powers, when all four of them do.”

“They all are them?” asked the boy shocked.

The man nodded, “I was a friend to a lot of them…”

“But I thought they all died in the war…” said the boy looking back to the boy on the bed.

“Have you forgotten already?” asked the man, “The royals and nobles escaped and hid themselves amongst humans.”

“The council will want to come here when I tell them…” said the boy, “They’ll want to check the four out to see if you are lying.”

“Why would I lie about this?” asked the man.

“You never know with humans,” Said the boy, moving towards the window.

“Are you going to tell them?”

“I have to…”

“Please don’t…” said the man, grabbing ahold of the boy’s wrist, “Their fathers all said that they want them to stay out of your kind’s business, but at the same time live alongside you all.”

“They are the rightful leaders of the Empire…” said the boy, “That’s never going to happen here.”

“Before the council came into place,” Said the man.

The boy sighed, pulling his hand from the man’s grip, heading towards the opened window.

“Do you really want them to take him away?” asked the man, his words made the boy stop mid step, “Possibly kill him?”

The boy stood completely still, deep in thought.

“Think about the pros and cons before you go running and tell them about him…about them.”

The boy sighed and looked at the boy who was still somehow sleeping thorough it all, he then glanced at the man, and finally back out the window.

“Think about it, please,” Said the man, who was practically pleading him.

The boy sighed as he heard the door close, turning back around and looking at the bed again, torn on weither or not to tell the council, he ruffled his own light colored hair.

“Young master, I’ve never seen you so troubled by what a human said…” said another boy, sitting on the windowsill.

The light haired boy jumped, “Woohyun, seriously stop making me jump, or next time you’ll be losing your head.”

“That won’t kill me and we both know it.” Said Woohyun, looking at his nails, “So, why exactly are we here?”

The boy glanced behind him, “Turns out this maiden is truly my maiden, not just some human…”

“Are you saying…” said Woohyun, his eyes, wide.

I nodded, “He’s the king’s son.”

“But…”

“Impossible, right?”

“Does that mean that the older son is alive still too?”

The boy shrugged, “He could possibly be.”

“What are we going to do?” asked Woohyun, “We both are loyal to the royals, despite our traitor of parents who supported the council back in the Great War…”

The boy shrugged, he sat in the windowsill with Woohyun, staring at the boy peacefully sleeping in the bed, “I don’t know what to do anymore…”

“Their parents didn’t want them to get found out about, that’s why they hid away, right?”

The boy nodded, “Their foster father told me that their fathers wanted the four to live together away from the conflict between our kind and theirs away from the knowledge of it all…”

Woohyun sighed, “If those are the king’s wishes, then we’ll have to obey them.”

I looked at him, “That’s what I wanted to say too, but I think the council has somehow known this would happen.”

“That screws everything up then…” said Woohyun, “They have no choice but to be added into this conflict, otherwise their kind could really go extinct…so, what are we going to do?”

“The most we can do is beginning gathering the others, exiled and not...” I said, “The other council member’s sons who all are against their father’s actions. It’s either that or we continue to let the fifteen do what they want to our people with the power they killed the royals for.”

Woohyun stayed silent for a little bit, and the younger boy looked at him, thinking that he was going to disagree, but he saw that the boy was already signaling the plan to the twins, who were waiting in the yard below. The two boys nodded and vanished.

“We’ll continue to keep a close watch on the four,” said the boy, standing up, “ok?”

Woohyun nodded, “Alright...”

Both then vanished, leaving the window open as they left, not noticing that someone was standing in the shadows of the trees around the house watching and listening to everything that was said, a smile on his face as he turned away from the house, heading away from the house and to where his six friends were waiting for him.

“Seems as though they’ve found him before us…However, don’t worry, despite them being the Tainted’s children  they are loyal to us...to me, as for him, he’s there too…” a smiled was still on his face as he walked past the six, “Let’s lead the Tainted away from him…His powers and memories haven’t come back yet it seems… We’ll just wait and watch from the side lines…that way if the Tainted do come after him we can get to him before they can.”

The six nodded and then all seven vanished from the woods. 

 

I know it's a little confusing, or very, but all these people refered to as "he" or "others" or "them" will be revealed in later chapters. Some sooner than others...:D Also, I won't post again until I have five comments. I have thirty-three subscribers, but no one really comments...I know this is probably annoying, but I don't care, I want to hear your opinions on the story so far...