Lee Changsub

Decembers Were Always Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Entry No. 2

 

I've been with them for two weeks now, and all I can say is that they're a characteristically diverse group.

Hayoung is a kid in mind and in heart. She watches cartoons and plays games all the time. Very impatient, just like a kid. Also lashes out at times, mostly at Namjoo but, they're inseperable- I don't know why. She's mature but immature? I have to ask her how old she is, maybe she's one of those geniuses who skipped a lot of grades.

Naeun is quiet. Cold and chic; almost completely expressionless. This kind of personality and her face made her the hospital's goddess. I'm pretty sure everyone has had a crush on her at some point. It's a pity though, I think her personality makes it hard for other people to approach her. The only people I've seen her interact with non-professionally are this group. The only time I see her show her feelings is when she gets pissed at Bomi, which I understand because the girl bothers her all the time. Maybe Naeun hates her guts . I'll have to check on this.

Bomi is...eccentric. Happy-go-lucky, bright and entertaining. A week of observation has told me that she's really smart, but also notably.... stupid- on so many levels. She's easy to talk to though, I can give out really short replies, and she seems like a person who you don't need to share anything to. There's also a side of her that's really good at catching on, but she can also be painfully oblivious in certain situations. Either Naeun is in love with her, or hates her guts. I guess I'll find that out in the future.

Namjoo is a diva. Her confidence is amazing. Something I am really jealous of. Though, her problem mostly is she doesn't like it when people order her to do things. I've seen her clench her fists secretly whenever she gets annoyed. The group and some of their close seniors are an exemption though. Maybe she only wants to be ordered around by people she likes or respects..... if she does, she must really respect or like Hayoung.

Eunji... Eunji is something else. I honestly thought she was a dud (I'm sorry, Eunji) but, after seeing her perform surgeries, and hearing everyone talk about how good she was, I had to eat my words. She's very well-liked among her peers, and I often hear them call her Dr. Smooth(?) or Dr. Soothe(?). which I do not understand because nothing from her stuttering and babbling is smooth or soothe. Maybe I misheard.

Out of the five of them, she's the person I think I understand the least. Which is ironic because I've spent way more time with her during the two weeks of me knowing them. She seems to portray herself as an open book, but everyone always has a side of themselves they don't show to anyone... I do not like her. I don't like people who act like they have nothing to hide.

 

 

 

 

 

'Want to go out with me?' my words echo in my head, innerly panicking as I looked at Chorong. But she shows no signs of anger, disgust, or any other negative reaction I could think of. She wasn't showing any kind of reaction in the first place. Nothing.

 

"Huh?" she finally asks, she seemed dumbfounded and confused, I'm not sure. And I don't blame her. This was probably the stupidest I've ever blurted out in my whole life. I panic again. "Sure."

 

"I mean...." I pull at my brain for anything that could save me. "I don't have work tomorrow, and I don't really have anything on so-"

 

"Eunji."

 

"-wanna go out and explore the city? I still have to drive you anywhere you want, right?"

 

"Eunji!"

 

"I-.... what?"

 

"I already said yes. Before you blabbed all of that. I got it." she laughs. "What's wrong with you?"

 

".....What?" I ask, still completely out of it.

 

She sighs. "Yes, we should go out-" she repeats, and my heart flips... "-tomorrow. I have a restaurant I want to go to-"

 

..and drops.

 

"-that restaurant Namjoo told us about during dinner. The family-owned one in an alley."

 

"Right... Sure." I sheepishly reply, reminding my self to breathe. "Breakfast? Lunch?"

 

"Lunch." she suggests. "I have something to do in the morning."

 

"Okay."

 

She turns the lamp off and gets under her blanket. "Good night, Eunji."

 

"Good night." I reply, closing my eyes and facing the wall, asking all the powerful beings in the universe to tell me why I'm such a mess in front of her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Entry No. 3

 

Seobie has been really annoying lately. He keeps on calling me to either nag about how I'm probably not taking care of myself properly or to chat, and talk about nonsense. He calls everyday and doesn't stop until I answer the phone.

I love him, I really do, but I can't take it when he bothers me all day. Everything about him currently reminds me of everything I've done wrong. He's an indispensable component of Jeondae, the future of his career shining bright, reflecting everything I am currently not. How do you tell someone who has stuck by you, even if they didn't need to, to leave you for a while? I thought I'd at least have a short vacation from him while he's out of the country doing seminars for Jeondae, but I was wrong. Maybe I should just cut him out of my life. I can't. We're bound by law, and I love him too much. He's been my lifeline since I could remember, but I need a break.

How do I tell him that I need a break from him without hurting his feelings?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I woke up around 9 AM and pushed myself to make my bed. It was something I didn't really do before, but when you're roommates with the person you like, who is a neat freak, your lazy would definitely adjust as much as it can. My four idiots greet me as I come out of my room. Naeun and Bomi are cooking, and it seemed like Naeun was already back to normal. The two kids still haven't made up, seeing that both are across each other, as opposed to their usual joined at the hip routine. I proceeded to the kitchen to check on what Naeun was cooking

 

"You eating?" Naeun asks, flipping a pancake. I shook my head in response.

 

"Going out?" Bomi follows.

 

"Yeah. Lunch with Chorong." I smile at them shyly.

 

"Woohoo!" Hayoung and Namjoo shout at the same time, and then glare at each other, mouthing incoherent words.

 

"A date?" Bomi grins. "Finally!"

 

"Of course not. I just owed her for making her exercise with us."

 

"So, it's a date." Namjoo states as a matter-of-factly.

 

"No it's not."

 

"Sure, let's not call it a date." Bomi rolls her eyes. "Speaking of not-dates, where did you guys go last night?"

 

"You don't need to know."

 

"Hah! You brought her to the spot didn't you?" she laughs when I don't answer. "I knew it. I knew she'd finally be the first one you bring up there. Never thought it'd be this early though, considering the painfully slow progress you've been making."

 

"Shut up. I didn't bring her there because of that!"

 

"Spot? What spot?" Naeun asks.

 

"The spot. Our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter