Chapter 8

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So, its been a while, sorry for the long wait but I won’t bore you with the long list of sorry excuses I have, so I will try my best to update more regularly since its summer vacation

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

‘’I can’t believe you did that!’’ I was annoyed. EXTREMELY annoyed. She literally did what they did in the movies, but it felt so stupid to get splashed with expensive champagne because of a stupid misunderstanding.

I was lucky I always packed a spare shirt and pants in the car in case the job got messy. Chaeyeon got in the car without a word. Her father didn’t want a larger scene, so he ushered us out saying how it will get better when ‘our relationship gets deeper’, whatever that means.

‘’Come on, you’re driving me to my get-together.’’ Chaeyeon demanded, I rolled my eyes because of how stubborn she was. I take it back all those times I said she was one of the easiest clients, she was up there with the annoying mistresses.

All throughout the drive she did annoying things like resting her feet up on the dashboard and swiping them left and right in time as if she were the windscreen wipers. She turned the radio up and sang at the top of her lungs knowing that I hated the sheer volume. And then she opens and closes the windows over and over like a child. I came to a screeching halt outside of the destination and she finally stopped.

We were outside a fancy hotel, by fancy I meant, fountains, lots of valets and sports cars. There was someone waiting outside already, Chaeyeon got out the car without me and rushed towards the person, embracing them in a bear-like hug. The girl screamed and laughed in Chaeyeon’s arms as they spun around. I gave the keys to the valet boy and joined them. Chaeyeon remembered that I was with her and introduced me to her friend and the owner of the pretentious hotel.

‘’Yena, this is Sakura, my bodyguard.’’

I had my hand outstretched to shake hers, but she stared at it and grinned, she took it, but she pulled me in and did some sort of American bro hug. I awkwardly tried to reciprocate but no doubt I looked like an idiot.

‘’We’ve met, haven’t we Sakura unnie~’’ Yena flashed a cheeky smiled. Chaeyeon was a bit surprised that we knew each other, but she put two and two together, and concluded that I had once been Yena’s bodyguard.

Even though it was only a week’s job, Yena gave me the ultimate pain in the when she dragged me on the most obscure tour of her working life. Partying every night and basically forcing me to party with her like I was her only friend. Shes changed though, she no longer had blonde hair, instead she reverted to a dark brown. No wonder why I couldn’t recognise her from the car.

‘’Nice to see you again, Miss Choi.’’

‘’What did I say about calling me that, I told you to call me Yena. Come on, the others are already here.’’

She led us through her luxurious hotel, she would point out new things that Chaeyeon hadn’t seen before like ornaments and beautiful plants she had imported from overseas. The staff stopped what they were doing to greet their boss in a formal fashion, Yena doing it back with enthusiasm, urging them to keep up the great work. Even though she was a prankster, I forgot that she was also a hardworking employer who cared for others, much like Chaeyeon.

The gathering was held in a penthouse on the top floor which belonged to Yena. I glanced over to Chaeyeon, she was visibly in a lighter mood thanks to her close friend, which was good. Even though it wasn’t my fault she misunderstood the situation, I didn’t want her to be upset the whole day, not at me. The elevator was spacious and undoubtably expensive, it went up fast, reaching the top floor in no time. The doors opened up and revealed a stereotypical penthouse suite. Inside, there were a group of girls, or should I say, women, waiting. They all turned their attention on us.

On the leather couch on the far side of the room, sat Yujin. She was happily talking to another woman, Minju pouring a drink into the empty glass in her hands. Then she laid her eyes on me and her mood soured instantly. She slammed the glass down onto the table next to her.

‘’What is she doing here?’’ She seethed. I don’t know why she was so hostile towards me, but I know it had something to do with Minju. Perhaps she was jealous of me.

‘’Ooo~ who is this gorgeous devil?’’ The lady who was talking to Yujin, asked. She looked more mature, probably the oldest here. She also dressed more maturely, a revealing dress that shows off her back.

‘’This is Sakura, my old bodyguard and Chaeyeon’s current one.’’ Yena answered for me, she walked over to the built-in bar and poured herself a beverage.

I ignored Yujin’s blatant glaring and focused on the rest of the people in the large room. In the open kitchen, sitting on a stool behind the island was a lone woman, stuffing her face with a bunch of assorted foods. The last girl was hovering around Yena, asking her questions about something, borderline rambling on and on. It was clear those two were close. They looked similar too.

Chaeyeon moved to sit next to the woman who asked who I was, they talked animatedly. Apparently Yujin no longer had any interest in socialising, most likely due to my presence and crossed her arms, slumping down on the couch like a grumpy child, refusing to talk to anyone. Minju seeing her change in behaviour, came and stood next to me near the door.

‘’Sorry, I really tried explaining to her we’re just friends.’’

I stuffed my hands in my pockets and avoided the grumpy child’s glare again. ‘’Does she have a crush on you?’’

She sighed and loosened the tie on her neck, ‘’Kinda, shes been trying to ask me out on dates and such but I said I had no interest and would rather not date my boss.’’ Wow, that sounded exactly like my situation. Were we cursed? Cursed to have bosses that obsessed over us?

‘’Hey, don’t stand so close to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter