Chapter 5

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’No.’’

‘’What do you mean no?’’

‘’I said no.’’

‘’Oh, come on!’’

‘’No means no.’’

‘’How do you know if you won’t even give it a try?!’’

‘’Because you’re my boss! Its completely unacceptable!’’

I’ve been working for this woman for 1 week and its already driving me insane. 2 days ago, she demanded we link arms wherever we go, the next day she said we should hug every morning and now she was trying to get me to move in with her. Its insane!

‘’As your boss, I order you to live with me.’’

And that was how she got away with everything, abusing her title as my boss to get me to do things that are unacceptable. Its not like I can even say no. I don’t even have a choice; it was already weird enough to be working for someone who was trying to get me to marry her yet alone try living with her. She somehow got me to call her Chaeyeon too, maybe its because she brought me the game I had wanted for a while now.

She gave me a few days to move everything into her apartment, I didn’t have much since I was a minimalistic person, but the biggest problem was moving Maru. She took a good few years to get used to my current apartment and I was afraid that she was going to have a major freak out if we suddenly moved her. Chaeyeon said that it would be fine and guess what? It was. Turns out, Maru was a gold digger and my apartment wasn’t expensive enough for her tastes. It left me bitter.

Fortunately, Chaeyeon was gracious enough to let me stay in the guest room but she made some remarks about how I was eventually going to move into her room and turn the guest room into ‘our’ kid’s room. To which I scoffed, really loudly in front of a lot of people.

My goal was to be as annoying as possible so that she would kick me out and I could go back to living by myself again but that was easier said than done. Late at night when she was about to go to sleep, I would blast my speakers, playing my favourite games and shouting into my headset. I had high hopes that when she knocked on my door, she would shout at me to shut up, but she never did. I did that for a few nights until she confronted me about it.

She had messy hair and bags under her eyes when she came out her bedroom, a bathrobe loosely hung on her shoulders. I smirked and sipped my coffee, watched her as she made her own cup.

‘’Did you have a nice sleep?’’ I asked with a knowing tone, spinning on the island stool like a child. ‘’Because I sure did.’’

‘’If you wanted me to pay attention to you, you could’ve just asked.’’ She tiredly smiled and leaned on the counter.

‘’What? No, why would I-‘’

‘’Are you saying you didn’t do it to get my attention?’’ I mean, technically she was right, I did do it for attention but not in the way she was insinuating. ‘’You can make as much noise as you want, and I still won’t kick you out.’’ She rounded the counter and cupped my cheek with her free hand, I couldn’t even lean back or else I would fall. She kissed my forehead and left to get ready for work.

I sat there stunned, mind blank because it wasn’t how I expected this to go. I couldn’t think of any other way that would get me kicked out. If she could deal with me being that loud at night, then I’m totally stuck.

She came out half an hour later when I was done internally contemplating my life decisions, dressed in her usual office attire. ‘’Its your day off today, what are you going to do?’’ She inquired, pushing her hair to one side, showing off her beautiful neck- Argh! Snap out of it.

‘’I’m going to meet a friend; we’re going out for lunch later.’’ I said, washing both our cups in the sink.

‘’A friend?’’ She repeated, she paused for a bit. ‘’Well have fun, I’ll be back really late so don’t wait up.’’

‘’Please be careful, I’m not going to be there next to you today.’’ I called out as she was about to shut the door.

She poked her head back in and cheekily smirked. ‘’Worried about me?’’

‘’Don’t make me regret saying it, I’m your bodyguard, its normal to worry about the person you’re protecting.’’

‘’Yeah, yeah~ Whatever you say~’’ She blew me a kiss to which I had no reaction to and left.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

It had been a while since my last day off, being a bodyguard wasn’t easy at all. Wherever your client was, was where you were meant to be. It felt weird not standing next to Miss Lee- I mean, Chaeyeon. She wasn’t the type to go out partying every night, she liked to help charity in her free time, she knew every single one of her employees’ names off by heart, she didn’t have anyone do her laundry or make her food. She was an ordinary young woman who happened to be one of the most influential CEOs in South Korea.

As of now, I was sitting in a café waiting for my friend to come. I haven’t seen her since she moved in with her girlfriend…ex-girlfriend. We were both busy with work and never had any days to ourselves until now. This friend was my rock, I used to do everything with her and I loved it because she was my girlfriend back then. We grew apart but never had any hard feelings, we both knew that we worked better as friends than lovers.

‘’Sakura unnie!’’ And that person was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter