Chapter 4

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner but I was a little busy  :’)

When I woke up, I felt so sore. Last night was a total wreck and it being all because of…wait, where was she? Next to me the bed was empty but looking at the covers, she was definitely there, and I wasn’t delusional. I felt so stuffy and uncomfortable, I out wearing the sweaty clothes from the night before.

‘’Yucky.’’ I unbuckled the gun holster from my torso and started to peel off the turtle neck. ‘’Argh! This is why I hate wearing turtle necks!’’ I belted out my frustrations with loud groans until I felt a pair of hands grab at the material to help me out. Once the clothing was off, I was standing face to face with Miss Lee who had a slight red tinge to her cheeks. But I didn’t want to look down, all I could focus on was her face. Not because I like her or anything, it was because…. SHE WAS STILL HALF- FROM LAST NIGHT, WHO THE HELL WALKS AROUND HALF- LIKE THAT?!

‘’Y-you have a really n-nice body.’’ She stuttered.

‘’T-thank you.’’ I replied awkwardly.

‘’Especially your abs…’’ I couldn’t stop her when she poked it, I didn’t expect how cold her hands were, so I flinched back and hit my wardrobe door.

‘’Could you leave so I can change please? And here, put these on.’’ I randomly grabbed one of my shirts and shorts for her and she looked like I handed her dirt.

‘’But I like being in my underwear.’’

I shoved it into her face and pushed her out of my bedroom. ‘’Shut up and go change into them!’’ Then I slammed and locked the door before she could try come back in. Seriously, I’ll end up killing my own boss at this rate. This is so unprofessional. In hindsight I should’ve just dumped her in her apartment.

I sighed and changed into my own casual wear, my favourite oversized hoodie to keep me protected from the weirdo that was in my house. I peeked outside into the living and saw that she was now dressed in my clothes and playing with Maru-chan. It was strange to see Maru being so open with a stranger, she was always hissing at the guests I used to have over.

I went to the kitchen and peeked into the fridge, there wasn’t much there since I’m living alone but I could at least make her a simple breakfast consisted of eggs and bacon. She would need food after drinking so much last night, I was shocked how she had yet to throw up or maybe she threw up this morning without me knowing.

I was cracking the eggs into the pan when I felt a slight breeze on my ear. ‘’What are you making?’’ She said next to my ear, I felt every single wave of shiver climb up my back and to my neck.

‘’I’m making breakfast so go sit down.’’

‘’Did anything happen between us last night?’’

I froze, the spatula in my hand almost dropping into the burning hot pan. ‘’No, nothing happened, I fell asleep because you were being a drunk mess.’’ I answered, calmly going back to the task at hand.

‘’Seriously?’’

‘’I would never take advantage of anyone like that, besides I don’t like-‘’

‘’Did I do anything last night? I can’t remember past meeting the investors.’’ She sat down on the stool behind the island, watching me plate up.

‘’I was out on the balcony for a while waiting and you somehow got smashed. A woman, Bae Joohyun I believe her name is, came to me and tried courting me-‘’

Miss Lee’s fist slammed onto the island counter, startling Maru and I. ‘’Bae Joohyun?!’’

‘’Yes…. She tried but I rejected her. Then you came over trying to start a fight.’’

‘’Did I win?’’

‘’No, I stopped you before you could land a hit.’’

She scoffed and flicked her hair over her shoulder, ‘’You should’ve let me. I would’ve loved to punch that cocky face.’’

I slid her plate and cutlery over and dug into mine as she ranted on about how she hated Bae Joohyun’s aka Irene’s guts. She told me how when she first took over as CEO, Irene gave her a hard time because of how young and inexperienced she was. Even though Miss Lee proved Irene wrong about being able to handle such a responsibility, they were always competing to be the number 1 cooperation in South Korea. She said that Irene would often steal her investors.

‘’Argh! I can’t believe she tried to take you too! You’re mine got that!’’ She shoved a forkful of egg in angrily.

My eyebrow twitched at that comment. ‘’I’m not an object.’’ I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter