Chapter 10

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Its date time!

So, first of all, I’m kinda back from my hiatus.

I’m sorry I kept you all waiting so long but I had my reasons

I can’t promise you I will upload consistently or that there will be long updates because my assignments have heavy workload, but I will try my best, that’s the least I can do

If you have any plot prompts or ideas for this specific fic, please dm me, I will appreciate any help. 😊

Anyways, enjoy.

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

 

I had expected the date to be a little more extravagant since it was Lee Chaeyeon, one of the richest girls in South Korea but she simply said wear something casual, when we got back to her apartment and she left to go explain to Jihyo about skipping out on important meetings. If she wanted casual, then casual is what shes gonna get.

I chose one of my many baggy hoodies and ripped jeans, I thought I might as well flex something and put on my Gucci kicks. This was as casual as something gets, hopefully she doesn’t make me change, this outfit was extremely comfortable.

Maru stretched on the kitchen island and meowed until I could be bothered to her.

I wonder what she had planned… It was kinda last minute and I doubt she had anytime to book anything, but then again it was Chaeyeon. She could make anything happen. I just hope she doesn’t spend a ton of money on me, I wasn’t the type to fawn over expensive things unless it had something to do with upgrading my precious PC.

The door opened and I heard heels clicking on the polished floor.

‘’I’m back~ Oh, you really went for casual.’’ She commented, hanging up her handbag on the hook. ‘’Well since you’re going for a hoodie, I should too.’’ She walked past me to go to her walk-in closet.

I spun around and around on the stool, waiting for her to finish getting ready. I’m still miffed I couldn’t figure out why she was mad this morning but as long as shes not mad at me now, I guess it doesn’t matter too much.

I rubbed Maru’s tummy until she had enough and bounced away to go play by herself.

Its been a while since I’ve been on a date with someone. I was always the one to ask people, not that I asked many or dated many. Inside, I was giddy and excited to see what would happen but a larger part of me didn’t want this to happen in case I might do something I would regret. I was cautious by nature and it was hard to approach things with a care-free attitude like Minju did.

‘’I’m ready!’’ She skipped out into the living room and twirled around in her white hoodie and blue jeans, complementing my own black attire. ‘’What do you think? We kinda match.’’ She laughed and jumped over the couch, coming over to hug me.

Instinctively I wrapped my arms around her, she stood in between my legs and played with my hair as I hooked my chin over her shoulder. This was nice.

‘’We should get going, I have a lot I want to do with you.’’ She dragged me off the stool and handed me the car keys. ‘’I’ll tell you where to go.’’

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x

She put the address in the car GPS and blasted some music I had no idea who the artist was, but I enjoyed her singing. Her voice was soft and full of charm. She could’ve been an idol or a singer if she wasn’t a millionaire CEO. Soon enough we arrived somewhere that was familiar. She guided me into the multi-story parking lot and then it hit me that we were in one of the biggest shopping malls in Korea. What did she want to do here?

‘’This is our first destination~’’ She got out the car and did an extravagant pose. I cracked a small smile at her silliness and follow suit. She knew her way around very well, leading us straight towards the more popular shops inside the mall.

Honestly, it was the perfect place to blend in and not create a mess of crowds and reporters. Chaeyeon was dressed down so nobody took a second glance at us.

‘’Are you going to tell me what we’re doing at a mall?’’

‘’Isn’t it obvious?’’ She hugged my arm and gestured around us, ‘’We’re here to shop to our heart’s content.’’

My eyebrow twitched and I could feel myself wanting to get out as soon as possible. I never liked shopping for anything but games, clothing was something I never had much interest or care for, so if we were going to shop for the whole day, this date was going to be terrible….

‘’What are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter