Chapter 3

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Even though I don’t reply (I’m really bad at replying), I’m always reading your comments so leave your thoughts or predictions, its always nice to see them 😊 PS. Imagine Sakura’s hair to be slightly longer than shoulder length, like Yujin’s.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

Miss Lee woke up just as I pulled back into the parking lot, however she told me to drive to her apartment nearby, which was of course the most expensive apartment complex in Seoul. She took me inside her apartment and no surprise that it was very luscious, very spacious and of course, filled with modern art pieces no one understood. She went into her room to grab something and came back with some sort of clothing. 

‘’I have to attend a party tonight; a lot of investors will be there, and I need to convince them to be ours. So, you’ll have to look the part because you’re coming with me.’’ She held the clothing up to my body and checked it out. It was a plain but branded black turtle neck. ‘’This will do, you can wear this instead of your shirt.’’

I took the turtle neck and narrowed my eyes at it. ‘’Can’t I wear what I’m wearing now?’’

‘’Nope, you’re my date tonight so you better look it!’’ She pushed me back out the door, giving my blazer back and closed it half way with her face poking out cutely. ‘’Pick me up at 9pm, I’ll be waiting~’’ She chimed.

First day on the job and I already had to attend a party where I would be standing still for 5 hours straight. If I were honest, I prefer more action filled jobs but that’s the opposite of what a bodyguard should wish for. I hated parties. The mingling, the alcohol, the stench of greed. It was just a hall filled with people looking to make money and nothing more.

The drive back to the apartment was too quick for my tastes. I dreaded having to spend time with people I have previously worked for. Not all of them were bad people, like Choi Yena for example, even though she acted like a child, she did her work and never took advantage of me unlike some other clients I’ve had. And going as Miss Lee’s date? Urgh, that would be a pain. I just hope she can hold her liquor because I really don’t want to be lugging a lightweight all night.

‘’Hello Maru-chan~, lets feed you dinner.’’ I my cat down her body a couple of times, relieving some stress by doing so. I’m glad I had Maru to come back to every night, she makes things more worthwhile.

I got changed after feeding my dear kitty, into the turtle neck Miss Lee gave me. It was a perfect fit and I wondered if she’s even worn this just once, but I bet that she had a ton of clothes that she just stores around for occasions like this. It didn’t look bad at all, classy but not in your face. I strapped my gun holster around my torso and put my blazer over it just right so it would be hidden. I had a licence for a gun, and I was going to carry it around because 1. I’m a badass and 2. Things happen at high profile parties and its better to be safe than sorry.

Unexpectedly, my phone rang, and it was Eunbi. Why would she be calling at this time?

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Sakura? I heard you were going to a party tonight, I hope you know that a certain person will be there too.’’

I raked my brain for possible people she could’ve been talking about, but I couldn’t think of anyone that I would actively seek out or avoid. ‘’Who would that be?’’

‘’My half-sister will be there tonight. Just don’t talk to her, you’ll know who it is when you look around.’’ And then she hung up on me. Whats the point telling me, if she was going to be that vague about who to look out for? That woman was strange sometimes.

I sat down and played on my PS4 for a couple of hours with Maru on my lap until it was time to get going and pick up Miss Lee. I’ve been to a million of these stupid parties and gatherings but for some reason going with Miss Lee this time made me feel a bit nervous. Its not that I didn’t think I have the ability to protect her, no that wasn’t it. More like how she confessed about a hundred times that she has romantic feelings for me and that I was going as her date. My previous bosses all had their own dates while I stood around awkwardly behind them. What was I going to do as a date myself? Do I greet people as if I were an important person or do I just do what I normally do and glare at people? It was confusing.

Miss Lee was already waiting outside her complex when I drove to the gate, the security guard opened the door for her this time and thankfully she did her own seatbelt up.

‘’You look very handsome. I might just fawn all over you tonight.’’ She teasingly poked my cheek as I pulled out and drove to our destination.

‘’Thank you, you look very beautiful Miss Lee. And I’d rather you didn’t.’’ I wasn’t lying though. Frankly, she looked like a goddess with that dress on. A simple, yet elegant white strapless dress, very contrasting to my own all-black get up. She was sure to get a lot of compliments and stares tonight. I noticed she wasn’t as talkative as before. ‘’Are you okay?’’

‘’Huh? O-oh, I’m fine. I’m just thinking about some things.’’

‘’Penny for your thoughts?’’

‘’I was just thinking about what my wedding dress would look like when we get married.’’ For the second time today, I swerved the car abruptly and almost crashed us.

‘’You shouldn’t be joking. I won’t marry you.’’

‘’Well OK, we don’t have to get married, we can just stay as girlfriends if you prefer.’’

I grinded my te

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter