Chapter 7

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So, this is a very light-hearted chapter that most likely makes no sense.

 

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

 

‘’I can’t believe you’re refusing to talk to me.’’ I said, I placed her freshly made coffee Jihyo said she loved to drink at noon, hoping to get her to stop being mad at me. She was irrationally ignoring me for interacting with my ex-girlfriend.

 

Chaeyeon has been angrily typing away on her keyboard, almost breaking it with how much force she was putting into her fingers. It made me flinch on more than one occasion and sometimes she would purposely slam her hand down on the desk just to startle me whenever I looked away. She was being childish.

 

‘’Come on, you have to believe me. We’re just friends now, close friends. Urgh, why am I even explaining myself to you!’’ I threw my hands up and stormed out her office, frustrated out of my mind. I guess I was annoyed because she wouldn’t talk to me, it was weird that she wasn’t all over me like normal. It’s not like I’m interested in her but its… stupid that she would be jealous.

 

‘’Oh, no luck with the coffee?’’ Jihyo looked up from her files at her desk. I nodded and she gave me a knowing look. ‘’Miss Lee gets jealous very easily, shes sensitive. Give her time, she’ll come around and also its time for her meeting with the other CEOs, drive safely.’’ She smiled and went back to work.

 

I groaned, I had to go back in and convince her to get in the fancy car she specifically bought me to make me fall for her. When I walked in, at least she wasn’t breaking her keyboard anymore. Instead, she was furiously shredding documents that I hoped she didn’t need.

 

‘’Chaeyeon, it’s time for your meeting.’’ I announced. She stopped using the shredding machine and looked up with me with empty eyes.

 

‘’Call me Miss Lee.’’ I rolled my eyes.

 

‘’Alright Miss Lee, it’s time for your meeting.’’

 

‘’No, call me Chaeyeon.’’

 

‘’Chaeyeon, it’s time for-’’

 

‘’Fine! I’ll go geez, I hate meetings.’’ She huffed and shrugged on her jacket; she flicked her hair in my face as she walked passed. Real mature.

 

Normally, during the drive, she would ask me nonsensical questions about our non-existent romantic relationship but now she was opting to look out the tinted windows in complete silence. I even tried to make small talk and I hate, and I mean hate, small talk. I have no idea how to make it up to her, I’ve never been in this awkward position. Minju was never jealous, in fact, I think I was the jealous one.

 

‘’You can wait in the car if you want, I know you hate being around me.’’ Great, now she was exaggerating everything.

 

‘’No, I will come in with you because I am your bodyguard and I refuse to leave you alone.’’ Great, now I sound like a creepy stalker.

 

‘’Yeah, I bet you used to say that to Minju too.’’ She sassed me as I parked, she got out and strutted into the fancy restaurant full of fancy people. I rested my head on the steering wheel and took much needed deep breaths to brace myself for what is about to happen.

 

The restaurant was some place that business people go for meetings all the time so the waiter recognised Chaeyeon straight away and led us to the private room where it was held. Chaeyeon took the seat nearest to the door as it was the only one left. I stood behind her and avoided eye-contact with the one person I dreaded. Bae Joohyun. She had a cocky smirk on her face, and no one even noticed the obvious winks she threw at me.

 

‘’Now that Miss Lee is here, let’s begin the meeting.’’ The guy with a mass of grey hair said. He opened some files and slid it to the middle of the table. ‘’As you all know, all of our businesses are dropping, and we need to come to a compromise with our investors. Personally, I feel that we should have equal-’’ He got cut off.

 

‘’Well, no offence Mr Kim, but I prefer to keep my investors for myself. I worked very hard to gain their trust and therefore, I have no reason to share them with the rest of you.’’ Another man said, he was considerably younger and was the stereotypical CEO that checks his watch every 10 seconds.

 

Miss Bae was still smirking in the corner, mostly staring at me and mouthing words that I refuse to repeat. She was cruder than she looked. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon was paying attention to the meeting and was giving her opinions that most people seemed to agree with.

 

‘’And also, I would like both my investors back, Miss Bae.’’ She ended her pitch with a jab at her rival. ‘’I’ve been keeping quiet about it but I know you went behind my back to gain their interest.’’

 

Miss Bae shrugged and swirled her whiskey in her glass. ‘’It’s not my fault they were more interested in my business, they knew that they would earn their money back and they were right. If they had stuck with you, they would be heavily in debt.’’

 

I glanced under the table when I heard a weird sound and saw how Chaeyeon was clenching her fists so hard, she pierced the palm of her hands and made herself bleed.

‘’Well Miss Bae, they were my investors and it’s against our agreement to steal from one another.’’

 

‘’Fine. You ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter