Chapter 6

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stared at the red ink on the slip of paper. Perfectly scribbled numbers, so perfect it made my blood boil. Maru was sleeping on my lap with the tv playing random things in the background. I was so paranoid when I got back to the complex that I ordered the security to double and have a guard stand outside the door. I also called the corporate building to order more guards around Chaeyeon in case this anonymous stalker was out to get her. She called me to know why so many people were in her office, but I assured her that I didn’t trust bumbling idiots to keep her safe, partial truth.

I had my phone in my other hand, I played with the power button, turning it on and off as I contemplated if I should risk talking with this person or leave it and call the police to deal with it. In the end, I decided it would be best if I confronted it myself. That way, I could find out who it was and give them a chance to stop.

I tapped the numbers in slowly, making sure to get every single one of them right. Finally, I pressed the green icon and it rang, I counted to 3 and it picked up.

‘’Hello?’’ That voice.

‘’Why did you send a person to take pictures of me?’’

The voice laughed and it made me even angrier. ‘’Oh, so you met Seulgi?’’

‘’Yes. I’m warning you, stop or I will press charges against you for invasion of privacy.’’

‘’I told you I would get you somehow.’’

I sighed and rubbed my temples. ‘’I don’t get how stalking me would get me to fall for you. Anyways, you won’t get me, you never will. Please stop and move on.’’

She laughed like a mad woman. ‘’Sweetie. Bae Joohyun gets everything she wants. Including you, Miyawaki Sakura. I know everything about you. I know that you’re 26, you used to live alone with a cat and your ex-girlfriend is now living in that same apartment you used to share.’’

‘’You’re obsessed and its unhealthy.’’

‘’I’m just a woman in love Saku-chan~ How about you come guard me instead.’’

I bit my tongue when I heard that nickname. ‘’Leave me and Chaeyeon alone. I will never fall for you, give up.’’ I hung up before she could say anymore.

I let out the biggest sigh of my life by far. So, my hunches were right, nobody would be this weird about getting someone to fall for them if they weren’t Lee Chaeyeon or anyone that is on her level.

The door unlocked, startling Maru and causing her to bolt into my room. Chaeyeon walked through the door with a frown and even deeper eye bags than she did this morning. Normally she would’ve tried to hug me or made some remark about our ‘upcoming’ wedding plans. Now, she was dragging her feet, leaving her coat on the floor and bag laying around. Chaeyeon was a clean freak.

‘’What happened?’’ I asked, I walked passed her to pick up her trail of belongings so she wouldn’t freak out in the morning.

She kicked the back of the couch and instantly regretted it when she hit her little toe at the wrong angle. ‘’Ah! ! Ow! That witch Bae Joohyun stole 3 of my investors! The same ones I drank so much alcohol to charm at that stupid party! I hate her!’’ She messed up her hair with her furious fingers and screamed. ‘’Why does she always seem to ruin me?’’

I had to force myself to keep quiet about the recent phone call and incident involving her mortal enemy.

‘’I’m sorry to hear you had a bad day.’’ I said.

‘’Like you care, all you care about is getting as far away from me as humanly possible.’’ She grumbled. ‘’You hate me.’’

For some reason that statement hurt me more than it should. ‘’I don’t hate you.’’

‘’Yes, you do! This morning, you were looking forward to getting kicked out by me!’’

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow at her dramatic approach. ‘’No offense but living with your boss, who you’ve only met a week ago, is really weird.’’ I reasoned but she had none of it.

‘’You’re lying.’’ She grabbed the closest pillow and threw it at me, it bounced off my face. ‘’I can’t penetrate your walls and not only that, I have to deal with the witch stealing from me!’’

She kept throwing pillows and I walked towards her unbothered.

‘’Please stop throwing things and if it makes you feel any better, you have managed to make my life more enjoyable by being yourself.’’

She moved onto punching my upper chest lightly, ‘’Did I really make you happy?’’

I my lips and swallowed my pride. ‘’Yes, you did, and I’m grateful.’’

‘’It still doesn’t change the fact I have to find 3 investors to replace the ones I lost and its always at parties, this is such a y day, not only that but-‘’

I surprised her by wrapping my arms around her gingerly, she froze, and her breathing hitched. ‘’It’ll get better, I told you I’ll be your white knight if you ever need to go to those stupid parties again and I meant it.’’

I felt her hug me back and she crumpled my shirt in her fist. ‘’Do you really mean it?’’

I didn’t know what to do with my hands since I haven’t hugged anyone since Minju, so I opted to pat her head. ‘’Yes, I do.’’

‘’Thank you…’’ Her voice became really quiet and she pulled away, I thought she would’ve gone to her bedroom to sleep but apparently, she had other ideas. She pulled my hand and because I didn’t have the heart to upset her more after her upsetting day,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter