Chapter 11

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Did you all stream Fiesta?! If you didn’t, stream and then read! Or read and stream at the same time lol

Everyone is pumped because of the comeback and smashing records, we’re setting new records everywhere! I also pulled like 4 Sakura photocards, so im supppperrr happy right now because I’ve never pulled a Sakura photocard before lmao

/x/x/x/x/x/

 

Over the next few weeks, we built up a routine. I would make breakfast and if we both got back from work before midnight, she would make dinner, otherwise we would order food. I would do the laundry on weekdays and she would clean during the weekends. I would take out the trash every other week and she would do the weekly shopping twice a week.

For someone as busy as Lee Chaeyeon, she loved a schedule. I could understand why she was stubborn on having one, it was a way to keep her life from getting too messy. Whenever she didn’t have something important, she would drag me along to meet her friends. They liked me enough to give me a nickname, ‘Kitten.’ I hated it. Yena would always pinch my cheeks too. Yujin still challenged me to random things. Last week was eating spicy food, I lost that one but from what I heard from Minju, she had a hard time on the toilet the night of. Serves her right for making me eat spicy food so suddenly.

Chaeyeon had been disappearing into the office more often, she explained that this time of year was the busiest and her father had given her more responsibilities. I was rarely allowed to stay in the board meeting rooms with her, the bodyguards would either wait in the staff break room or outside the door. To be honest, I was thankful I didn’t have to share the same space as Bae Joohyun. Every encounter we’ve had was uncomfortable and Chaeyeon always got into a mood when shes near.

Everyday was a little boring though. As her bodyguard, I couldn’t leave her side for long or be too far away. So, I either sat in her large office or wondered around the huge building but stuck to the upper floors, so I could get to her easily if she called.

Today, I decided to wonder around on the floor below. People were in semi-open cubicles, typing quickly away on their documents or adjusting any statistical error in their weekly data. I didn’t envy them; I would’ve gotten so distracted and played games instead.

According to Jihyo, this floor was dedicated to seniors in the company. People who have been working here for more than 10 years. The people did look over the age of 35, most of them male with greying hair.

‘’Oh, unnie, what are you doing here?’’ I turned around from where I was watching an old man struggling with the printer. Chaeryeong stood there with her arms hugging a bunch of plans much like the first day I bumped into her. She looked cute with her big circular glasses.

‘’Just bored. Do they not give you a trolly for those?’’ I gestured to the massive load in her arms. ‘’Here, let me help.’’ I grabbed a few from her, seemingly taking quite a bit of weight off her hands.

‘’Thank you. Chaeyeon unnie put me on messenger duty to spite me.’’ She sighed. She walked and I walked beside her, careful to avoid the other bustling people around the office. ‘’She won’t tell me when I can get promoted. Maybe its because I said I liked you.’’

I choked at the last comment and covered it with a nervous laugh. I had totally forgotten about that incident at their house party.

‘’You were joking right? You did that to prank your older sister, right?’’

She stopped and I almost ran into her back. She spun around on her heels and pouted, greatly resembling her sister. Sometimes I wonder if they were secretly twins.

‘’Unnie. I really do like you.’’ She said. ‘’I just can’t show it or else my sister might fire me. I need this job to afford my studies, my dad said I needed to earn all my money like everyone else.’’

‘’Thats responsible of him…’’ I still wasn’t sure how to react to another Lee taking an interest in me.

‘’Once I’m done earning enough, I’ll win your heart.’’ She declared, curtly spun around again to deposit the plans into a large box container. I did the same and slightly reddened at her bravery. She was very forward, like her sister. ‘’Thank you for helping me, you should probably get back to her before someone snitches on you.’’ She grinned, pointing to the CCTV camera above our heads. The camera moved ominously, and the light blinked red, clearly indicating Jihyo was watching.

‘’It was nothing-‘’ I looked back at her to see her already gone. I huffed and made my way back to Chaeyeon’s office, briefly catching Jihyo’s smirk behind the counter as I passed her.

/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/x/

Chaeyeon’s whole upper body was covered in stacks of paperwork on her desk. I could barely see the top of her head. I could hear her humming quietly to the song she put on in the background, lately its been La La Land songs.

‘’Chaeyeon, its time to eat.’’ I said.

‘’Can you get me some egg tarts from the building at the end of the street? I’m really craving them.’’ She peeked her head over the top of the mountain of paperwork, flashing a dashing smile. ‘’Hurry back though!’’

I was already out the door when I heard her say it. I had sort of become an errand girl for her these past weeks. Despite the death threats, Chaeyeon rarely had any time to be outside for people to get close to her. Her father always updated me on whatever threats he had received so that I could be on the look out for anything.

The egg tarts she wanted were sold at the very top of a luxurious hotel. The owners of the bakery always gave her a discount from how much she’s ordered in the past.

The walk was short and brisk. When I reached the hotel, there were crowds of people, paparazzi and journalists all crowding behind the barricade the hotel security set up. They were all sat down, drinking or snacking, looking like they’ve been camping there for a while. My first thought was that a celebrity must be here doing something.

I shrugged it off, I had no interest in celebrities.

Inside the bell boy greeted me with a large grin. He was young, obviously straight out of high school. I nodded at him and he pressed the elevator button for me.

‘’Again?’’ He asked.

‘’You know how much she loves them.’’

He chuckled and waved goodbye when I got in. The doors were about to close when a slender hand shot between the small gap. The doors opened again, revealing someone who I really didn’t want to see.

‘’Looks like I just came in time.’’ She smirked. Bae Joohyun strutted inside and gestured for her bodyguards to wait on the ground floor. She pressed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter