Chapter 1

Just Another Job
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Sakura is blonde, Chaeyeon is brunette just like they are in real life, I couldn’t be bothered to change the banner so 😊

/././././././././././.

Someone had asked me when I was twelve, what I had wanted to be in the future and I answered, a doctor. I never thought that I would end up in a job like this, the job still paid well but unexpected. My family were worried about it, my old friends didn’t agree and said it was a waste of my life, but I had come to enjoy my career and took it seriously.

I’m a bodyguard, people can hire me through my agency. People look at me all the time and say that I don’t look like a bodyguard, in fact, I looked like the one who needed one. I was of average height….in Korea. Skinny, not much interest in sports and I spent all my free time in my apartment playing games. I was stronger and smarter than I looked, so the element of surprise is often why people chose me.

Not being egotistical but people hire me for my looks too. I’ve had many men in the past, hiring me so I could pretend to be their girlfriend, no matter how much I raised my pay to scare them, they still did it. I stopped taking those ones because of how dirty it felt.

I prided myself in being able to protect others well, hence why I changed my preferences to guarding females only.

I felt a paw on my face, just as my alarm went off. When I squinted my eyes to see what time it was, a fluffy tail whipped out and slapped my face.

‘’Good morning Maru-chan, are you hungry?’’ To which she meowed. It was already noon, I slept a lot longer than I thought I would.

I shuffled out of bed and yawned, stretching my limbs out and hearing some bones crack from last night. Let’s just say it involved a lot of heavy lifting when I had to carry my drunken boss out the car.

Maru kept hitting me with her paw, so I stopped and went to the kitchen to pour out her food before making my own coffee. ‘’There, now stop bullying me.’’  

I took a sip of my coffee and moved to peek out of my apartment window. As expected, I was greeted by the same view as always, more apartments and busy streets filled with cars stuck in traffic.

Today is the day I get to know who hired me next. Will it be a spoiled brat, a stuck-up woman, or perhaps someone nice? I hoped it was the latter, I’ve had too many spoiled brats and stuck-up women this past year. I had told them I was their body guard and not their maid, resulting in a slap on the face and being fired the next day.

I finished my coffee and got ready. My uniform was nothing special, just a black suit and some dress shoes. It wasn’t easy to move in but when you’re employed by rich people, they demand you look fancy too.

I pet Maru on the head and grabbed my keys from the hook by the door. ‘’See ya, don’t make a mess.’’

My agency building was only a 5-minute walk from my apartment, therefore I had no use for a car. Saved a lot of money too. When I arrived outside, I saw the familiar sign in bold italics, ‘Kwon’s Protection.’, cringey name but I guess my boss really liked her last name enough to use it. Outside, stood one of my co-workers, Hyewon, she had a cigarette in while her hands were busy playing with her phone. She was an obsessive gamer like I was, we get along very well because we have the same interests.

‘’You should really quit smoking.’’ I used my ID card to buzz myself in, opening the door midway to glance pointedly at the kill-stick in between her lips. 

She puffed out a cloud of smoke without looking up from her game and mumbled something I couldn’t understand. I rolled my eyes and made my way up the narrow stairs to my boss’s office.

Kwon Eunbi was her name, shes been running this business for 5 years now, me being there since the start. She was one of my closest friends, we don’t talk much outside of work nowadays. Me being too busy protecting my clients and she had a handful with the business.

The black-haired beauty sat in her luscious office chair, typing furiously away on the keyboard. She had her spectacles on today, such a rare sight because she hated wearing them. I guess she must’ve run out of contacts.

‘’Good morning, Sakura.’’ She greeted.

‘’Morning. So… Who is this woman who has been begging for me?’’ I took a seat on the chair in front of her big desk, I took the rubix cube she left unsolved and fiddled with it as she pulled out a file from under her desk. She opened it and slid it over to me. Clipped to a file was a picture of a young pretty female with brown hair, rosy cheeks and a wide smile.

‘’Her name is Lee Chaeyeon. She claimed to have seen you with a previous client and her friend, Choi Yena.’’ She raised an eyebrow, as if to ask me if that rung any bells. It did, of course, how could I ever forget that weird, hyper girl who loved to play pranks on me while I was napping in the car. I nodded and she continued. ‘’Miss Lee’s father has sent concerns regarding a bunch of threats sent by anonymous groups against him and his daughter. So, I thought this case would be perfect for you. Bomb threats, kidnapping possibilities and most importantly a pretty girl.’’ She smirked at that last one, a blatant jab.

‘’You’re leaving something out, I know it, why her?’’

‘’Well, she did ask for you in particular. She even said she would triple the pay. Sorry, but I’m not going to turn down that amount of money.’’

I sighed and put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter