Annoying Hufflepuff

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

There she was, the annoying Hufflepuff, standing there and smiling without a care in the world.

What a ing annoying little .

Siyeon could never understand how anyone could look this happy at 7AM in the morning, it was beyond disgusting and inhuman.

“Siyeon! Good morning!”

Merlin. Every morning, without fail, this Hufflepuff would approach the Slytherin table and greet Siyeon like they were friends.

Siyeon just grunted a reply and took another bite of her cereal.

“Can I sit here?”

Another grunt; Siyeon didn’t really care, had even grown used to Gahyeon sometimes eating with her.

It was definitely weird though.

-

“Siyeon!”

Circe's . Second time in one day. Siyeon stopped and looked behind her, seeing a nearly glowing Gahyeon bouncing towards her.

“You're on your way to Charms right? Let's walk together!”

Siyeon just nodded, and didn't even react when Gahyeon attached herself to her arm as they walked. She listened as the Hufflepuff talked about something which had happened in Defence Against Dark Arts.

-

It was after dinner when Siyeon had ran into Gahyeon again, and had somehow been persuaded to go down to the lake and sit there despite it being late autumn and a bit too chilly.

Even in the bitter wind, Gahyeon was smiling like the sun.

Siyeon huffed and unconsciously scooted closer to the small girl next to her, seeking warmth.

“It's beautiful, right?” Gahyeon sighed dreamily, placing her head on Siyeon's shoulder. Their hands were entwined, which Siyeon only noticed now. “Life has been so nice lately. I have good friends and an amazing girlfriend. I feel happy.”

Wait, hold on.

Girlfriend? When the did Gahyeon get a girlfriend? As far as Siyeon knew, Gahyeon only spent time with her, and some of her friends in Hufflepuff, so when the did she have time to get a girlfriend?

For some reason, Siyeon was absolutely livid.

Who? Who was Gahyeon dating? Who was she in love with? Who got to see Gahyeon's smiles all day, feel her touch, have her by her side? What lucky bastard-

Siyeon's eyes widened.

It couldn't be-

It must be that girl Yoobin from Hufflepuff. She had seen them together from time to time, and Siyeon could definitely see hearts in Yoobin's eyes whenever she was next to Gahyeon.

“ that Yoobin, I'm better than her!”

“Yoobin? Why are you talking badly about my friend?” Gahyeon's eyes were round, her forehead creased in confusion.

Friend.

Okay good.

But it didn't solve the problem.

“Are you jealous?” Gahyeon asked quietly.

Was she? Yeah, Siyeon definitely was. Gahyeon was her personal ray of sunshine and she didn’t want to share. It was a very late realisation, maybe, but Siyeon had gotten used to and maybe even secretly looked forward to seeing Gahyeon everyday. Because they had been hanging out every day for the past weeks.

“You know she's just a friend right? You're the one I like, so don't worry.” As if emphasising, Gahyeon placed a small peck on Siyeon's cheek.

Oh . She was Gahyeon's girlfriend. That explained the clinginess for the past weeks, and the weird moment when Siyeon had followed Gahyeon to her common room and the smaller girl had stood there expectantly, and had walked away in disappointment after saying good night. Siyeon had spent hours that following night trying to understand what it was Gahyeon had wanted.

When had they become girlfriends and how had it happened?

No, screw that, she had more important things to deal with; like doing something she should have done weeks ago.

Maybe not as carefully as she should have, Siyeon cupped Gahyeon’s round cheeks and pulled the girl in for a sweet, short kiss.

She kept it fairly innocent and brief, yet it caused her heart to race so badly it almost felt like she would pass out.

And it didn't help her heart seeing Gahyeon's face shine like a thousand suns and with adorable flaming cheeks.

Yup, Gahyeon was annoyingly cheery, but Siyeon adored it.