Christmas Dinner

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

when u sit down to write without a plan, u get  this   boring mess

so here is a    boring christmas cheese fic    im gonna regret uploading this lol it's so      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 

merry christmas and happy holidays! 

 


 

“Siyeon!”

The door had slammed open a second before the familiar voice filled the apartment, making Siyeon nearly fall out of her small couch in shock.

Sometimes she regretted giving Gahyeon a spare key, but it had been easier this way as the girl spent most of her days lounging around in Siyeon's apartment anyways. Gahyeon still lived at home, so apparently she preferred staying at Siyeon's tiny apartment even when Siyeon was at work. It kind of worked out, since Gahyeon actually sometimes watered the one plant Bora had given her as a housewarming gift. Siyeon hadn't thought it would live past the the two months mark, but it had survived for one year and had been really thriving the past months thanks to Gahyeon. 

“Hey, Gahyeon. Why are you yelling?”

Gahyeon dropped her backpack and thre herself on the couch, immediately clinging onto Siyeon's side. “I just missed you.”

If anyone asked, Siyeon was not blushing. “You saw me yesterday.”

Gahyeon let out a whine and hugged even tighter. “It's been a long day and my mom has been annoying.”

“Annoying how?”

“... I don't wanna talk about.”

Siyeon hummed. “Wanna watch a tacky christmas movie?” It was the holiday season after all and the few tv channels Siyeon had were filled with cliche american holiday films.

“Sure.”

Siyeon the television and relaxed into Gahyeon's hug, breathing out as she allowed her mind to wander.

She still couldn't believe she had only met Gahyeon half a year ago and the two had hit it off so insanely well. They had met at the internet cafe, where Siyeon had gone to relax and play some League of Legends after a day at the car shop. She had never imagined to be approached by a young woman as soon as she sat down, asking if they could play duo as a support and ADC.

It was strange, but Siyeon had instantly been taken aback at how adorable the girl was and had said yes without thinking. They began frequently playing together after this, and then not long after they started hanging out regularly.

And Siyeon had fallen for her in record speed, making her feel like a high schooler with a crush. But, Gahyeon was straight so Siyeon had done her best to bury the feelings, as she valued their friendship immensely.

“Soon I'm getting my degree and then I can get a job, and then I can move out.”

Siyeon blinked, looking away from the television. “I guess the film isn't distracting you enough.”

Gahyeon sighed loudly and sat up straight, turning so she was facing Siyeon. “Mom keeps bothering me about my lack of dating life.”

“You're only 22.”

“Exactly! Thank you!” Gahyeon carded her hand through her thick black locks, looking exasperated. “But both of my older sisters had already met their current husbands before they turned 22, so my mom has unreal expectations of me.”

Yikes. “That .”

“She keeps wanting me to bring someone home, totally disregarding my wish to focus on my own life right now.”

Gahyeon then pouted. “I wish she was more like your mom. Your mom is pretty chill, right?”

“She just wants me to be happy, whether I'm single or dating.” Which was good because having supportive and understanding parents when you're gay was pretty relieving.

“Lucky.” Gahyeon let out another sigh, then without a word she climbed into Siyeon's lap and sat down, pulling arms around her body. Siyeon was used to this kind of cuddling and didn't even question it. She just hugged Gahyeon's body tighter and placed her chin on a shoulder.

“Maybe I'll lie about dating someone.”

“Wouldn't that just backfire? They would definitely want to meet-“

“, you're right,” Gahyeon deflated. “Unless...”

Suddenly Siyeon felt nervous. “Unless?”

Gahyeon repositioned herself, which was a whole process, and soon she sat sideways on Siyeon's lap instead and their eyes met.

“Would you pretend to be my girlfriend? We do this family christmas dinner on the 24th and she would definitely get off my case if I bring someone.”

“I'm a woman, Gahyeon.”

“Yes, and?”

“I'm pretty sure she expects for you to bring a boyfriend.”

“Exactly, this will definitely make them shut up.”

This would end in disaster. “Gahyeon, you can't cause a rift in your family because of something like this.” They both knew how most Korean households were.

“If they can't accept that I'm bi then that's their problem, not mine,” Gahyeon countered with a heated tone.

Wait. “You're bi?” Maybe Siyeon's voice was a little high pitched, but could you blame her when her crush, whom she thought was straight, was actually queer?

“Yes?” Gahyeon tilted her head cutely. “I never told you?”

“No,” Siyeon squeaked

“Oh. I guess it never came up.”

Even though one of the first things Siyeon had told Gahyeon was that she was gay. Mostly because Siyeon had to make sure she wasn't befriending a bigot.

“True, I guess.” This new information was doing a number on Siyeon's mind and heart. Her crush was not straight!

“So, will you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Come to the dinner and pretend you're my girlfriend? You're the only one of my friends my parents have never met, so it would be perfect.”

With the way Gahyeon was looking at her: all cute with her wide eyes and pouty lips.. Siyeon was unable to say no, even if she knew this had a huge risk of becoming an absolute disaster. 

“Okay.”

Gahyeon's face lit up and she threw her arms around Siyeon's neck, kissing her cheek briefly before hugging her tightly.

. This definitely was hazardous to her heart. And knowing Gahyeon wasn't straight filled Siyeon with a naive sense of hope.

“Thank you, Siyeon. You're amazing.”

Amazingly dumb for going along on such a stupid plan, but she said nothing.

-

A week later, after seven days of regretting all her life's decisions, Siyeon found herself standing outside Gahyeon's house dressed to impress. Siyeon wasn't the skirts and dresses type, but she had worn a pair of dress pants and a nice blouse. She had considered wearing a shirt and tie, but decided against it.

She breathed in deeply, muttered encouraging words to herself, then pressed the doorbell.

Only seconds went by before the door opened roughly, a smiling Gahyeon standing in the empty space. “Hey, come in!” She pulled Siyeon by the coat and the door slammed shut.

“Hey,” she breathed out, the warmth hitting her face. It was unreasonably cold outside today and her thick coat and scarf immediately made her sweat due to the contrast.

“Let me help,” Gahyeon said, holding her hands open and accepting the coat and scarf, hanging them up neatly. “Now,” she smiled sheepishly and slipped her warm hand in Siyeon's. “Ready?”

For a moment Siyeon paused, her eyes sweeping over Gahyeon's outfit: a deep red dress, complimenting her black hair and red lips. It showed a hint of cleavage and her overall curves, but nothing scandalous. In short, Gahyeon looked lethally gorgeous.

“Not really,” she admitted. “But let's go.”

Gahyeon giggled, looking way too carefree when they could be mere moments from disaster. Siyeon had already envisioned all the possible outcomes and in one of the worst ones there had been lamps being thrown about.

Siyeon got pulled into a big living room with a bunch of people sitting around a big table, all eyes on them.

“Everyone, meet Siyeon!” Gahyeon still held her hand tightly, a beaming smile on her lips. “And Siyeon, meet everyone.”

Siyeon swallowed thickly, thinking about what to say.

“You brought a friend as your date, Gahyeon?” An older woman asked, confusion written on her face. She stood by the table, a bowl with steaming food in her hands.

Gahyeon shook her head. “No mom, I brought my girlfriend.”

Everyone froze, including Siyeon.

She breathed in deeply and prepared herself.

“You're a lesbian?” It was the mother speaking again, her face looking close to devastated.

“I’m bi, mom.” Gahyeon spoke so calmly, like she hadn't just came out on Christmas Eve in front of her family.

A chair was kicked back roughly as a young, pretty woman jumped up and ran to Gahyeon, tackling her in a hug. “Baby sis,  I'm so proud of you.”

“Definitely glad I came to this dinner,” another young woman said coolly, sounding amused as she sipped from her glass of wine.

At least one sister showed support and the other didn't seem scandalised, Siyeon felt a little at ease; hopefully this meant no lamps would be thrown around.

“Please, I can't breathe.”

The supportive sister ended the hug and stepped away, but not before ruffling Gahyeon's hair a little. She looked so proud, like she was about to cry and it kind of affected Siyeon too.

“I for one is relieved.” The father spoke loudly, with a booming voice. “I feel safer knowing my baby girl is with a woman. Now, come sit.”

Gahyeon laughed lightly, pulling Siyeon to the table and sitting down on a chair next to her father. Siyeon ended up sitting between Gahyeon and the sister who had seemed to find this entertaining.

“Siyeon, was it?” The father spoke again.

“Yes, nice to meet you all.” She bowed slightly.

The father smiled widely, eyes full of kindness.

“Mom?” It was Gahyeon who spoke.

Siyeon looked up, seeing how Gahyeon's mother was still standing frozen by the table.

“Is this fine?” Gahyeon asked carefully, finally showing a hint of nervousness and fear. 

This must have snapped her mother out of it. “Of course, baby. I'm just-“ She paused for a moment. “Adjusting. So give me time to process, okay darling?”

Gahyeon nodded. “Of course.”

“Barely any drama, almost disappointing,” the woman next to Siyeon said quietly.

Gahyeon snorted. “Shut up, Eunjin.”

Eunjin shrugged and took another sip of her wine.

“Now, let's eat before the food turns cold!” The mother sat down as well and soon conversation resumed around them, even the husbands who had been rather quiet had started talking. Meanwhile Gahyeon was squeezing Siyeon's hand affectionately under the table.

“So Siyeon, how old are you and what do you do?” It was the enthusiastic sister, whose name was Dohee if Siyeon remembered correctly.

“I'm 26 and I work as a mechanic.”

Eunjin sat up straight. “A mechanic? How did you even meet Gahyeon when she doesn't even have a car?”

Despite Siyeon's fears, it was actually a really nice evening even if it was obvious Gahyeon's mother was a little uncomfortable, but she handled it pretty well. Siyeon's dad had been the same way, but he had gotten used to it after a little time.

“That went well,” Siyeon said in a low voice. They stood by the door, saying their goodbyes as they waited for the taxi to arrive.

“Yeah, I'm-“ Gahyeon’s eyes sparkled. “I'm really relieved and happy.” It felt good to be accepted as who you are, so Siyeon fully understood what Gahyeon was feeling. “My dad and sisters all love you already, they're going to be disappointed when they find out we're not together.”

Oh right. For a moment, while sitting with Gahyeon at a family dinner, it had felt like they were actually a couple. “How are we doing that? Fake break up? Or you telling them the truth?” Siyeon whispered, scared someone would overhear.

Gahyeon's eyes turned a little less sparkly, her teeth worrying a lip. “I don't know...”

Maybe it was the wine Gahyeon's father kept pouring in her glass, but Siyeon suddenly felt a wave of courage.

“There is a third option,” Siyeon said.

“Oh?”

“Be my girlfriend for real.” Her voice came out more confident than she actually felt.

Gahyeon seemed utterly speechless, judging by her open mouth and wide eyes.

“I mean,” Siyeon felt her voice shake. “We hang out almost everyday, you already have a key to my apartment, and we cuddle like a domestic loving couple anyways. We're basically already a couple.” Then her words caught up with her brain. “Unless of course, you don't feel anything! Of course I respect that. So no pressure and I don't wanna lose our friendship-“

“Siyeon.” Gahyeon spoke in a calm tone, eyes filled with amusement. “I would love to be your actual girlfriend. I've had a crush on you before you knew my name. I always saw you at the cafe.”

Oh.

Siyeon hadn't expected that. “So we've basically been a couple for half a year, minus the kissing?”

Gahyeon nodded.

They had to fix that. “Can I kiss you?”

Another nod.

Siyeon dipped down, her hands gently cupping the soft cheeks as she gently kissed the full lips. It was short, and quite innocent, but standing in Gahyeon's parents’ house a mere peck was all Siyeon dared.

“That's barely a kiss,” Gahyeon whined, doe eyes looking up.

“I'll kiss you properly next time, when your family isn't 20 metres away.”

“What if I come home with you?”

Siyeon's heartrate picked up. “I definitely wouldn't mind that.”

Gahyeon gave her a sultry look before opening and yelling that she was leaving with Siyeon. She grabbed her own coat and stepped into more comfortable shoes. “The cab should be here, so let's go to your place and you can kiss me properly.”

Siyeon tried to ignore her heated cheeks and put an arm around Gahyeon's waist. “Whatever my cute girlfriend demands.”

There were no christmas gifts exchanged between them, but being able to call Gahyeon her girlfriend was the only gift she needed this christmas.