The best feeling in the world

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon, the bright sun peeking through the window in the small living room and Gahyeon was enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. The first snow had fallen yesterday and the temperature was still below 0 degrees celsius. A chilly, but pleasant day.

 

Gahyeon had decided to treat herself with a hot chocolate on this cold afternoon, purposefully forgetting about the upcoming exam she should be studying for.

 

It was a quiet and relaxing ten minutes, until the door slammed open and alerted her of her flatmate’s return.

 

Lee Siyeon. University dropout, barista, and a small venue singer. They had met six months ago, when Gahyeon had responded to her room-mate ad.

 

They had immediately hit it off.

 

“You know what the best feeling in the world is?” Siyeon said as she placed the white plastic bag on the kitchen counter. 

 

Gahyeon just looked at her, waiting.

 

“The best feeling in the world,” Siyeon’s arms had slipped out of the sleeves and under the body of her baggy sweater. “Is taking off your bra after a long, hard day.” She threw said bra over the back of the couch, the couch Gahyeon was currently seated on. 

 

“Long, hard day? You didn’t get out of bed until noon and left 30 minutes ago to go to the convenience store and get some soda and chocolate.”

 

Siyeon slipped her arms through the sweater sleeves again and shrugged, grabbing two cokes out of the white bag. “Still feels amazing to take it off.”

 

Gahyeon couldn’t argue against that, so she remained silent as Siyeon dropped down on the couch.

 

“Here.”

 

Gahyeon accepted the red can, her half empty and lukewarm cup of hot chocolate forgotten on the coffee table. “Thanks.” She was about to pop it open, but froze when she noticed Siyeon staring at her expectantly. “What?”

 

“Where’s my welcome home?”

 

“You were only gone for 30 minutes.”

 

A theatrical sigh slipped past Siyeon’s lips and Gahyeon rolled her eyes.

 

“Fine,” Gahyeon leaned over, tilting her head slightly upwards as she placed a small, gentle peck onto Siyeon’s red lips. “Welcome home.” Her tone was soft and her insides turned warm as she watched Siyeon’s mouth stretch into a happy smile.

 

They got along so exceedingly well they had officially become girlfriends last month, after months of mutual pining. Gahyeon thanked herself everyday for not being intimidated by the flatmate ad being signed by Lee ‘Wolf’ Siyeon.