Return

Beautiful Days [Drabble Dump]

Warning: this has mentions of pregnancy between two women. since it's only a drabble, it's not established how or why, so you can imagine whatever u see fit (science, magic, gp, etc)

 

im currently working on something slightly longer for gayeon (siyeon is a private investigator and has a love for whiskey), so far i have 2k words and im hoping it'll end up being around 10k. i gotta do my part for the gayeon nation even if we are only like 5 inhabitants 

 



 

When the doorbell had rang during her favourite evening show, Gahyeon had never in her wildest dream thought she would opening the door to see Lee Siyeon.

At first she was speechless, eyes wide and breath quickening as her hand gripped the door handle so hard her knuckles whitened.

Them came the rushing anger.

“Oh hell no.” She had half a mind to slam the door in Siyeon’s nervous looking face, but her mother had taught her to give everyone a chance to speak.

“Gahyeon, please-“

But that didn’t mean she would make it easy. “What the hell are you doing here, Siyeon?” Despite the rage making her body tremor, her voice was relatively composed.

“I-“ Shame. Fear. Remorse. It could all be seen in Siyeon’s eyes. Gahyeon had used to love how expressive Siyeon’s eyes were, but right now it only served to make her even more pissed.

“Out with it.”

A deep sigh swept past Siyeon’s lips. “I want to make things right. I want to make up for my wrong decisions.”

“It’s been five years.”

“I know,” Siyeon looked away for a moment, arms loosely crossed and shame emanating from her entire posture.

“You abandoned our daughter before she was even born.”

“I know.” Her voice was a mere whisper, barely audible.

They had been foolish teenagers in love, Gahyeon just turned eighteen and Siyeon a mere year older, and as foolish teens tend to be, they weren’t too careful.

Siyeon had ran away when Gahyeon was 5 months pregnant, and she hadn’t been back. Not until tonight.

“Why are you back now?”

Siyeon finally looked into Gahyeon’s eyes, her face overflowing with emotion. “Because not a day goes by where I don’t think about you and our daughter. I know I’ve lost any chance I have with you, but I want to be there for our daughter. I want to do what is right.” It was said with conviction, yet a hint of desperateness. “I want to see my child growing up. I’ve already missed five years of her life. Five years I’ll always regret.” She looked down again.

A small part of Gahyeon’s heart ached in sympathy, the part where she had never given up hope about Siyeon returning.

Yet, that part of the heart could not win against the anger and hurt raging within her.

But.

Gahyeon knew her daughter had a right to know her other mother, had a right to grow up with her in her life. She had to put away the resentment, for her daughter’s sake.

She let out a deep breath. “Come by at noon on Saturday to meet your daughter, and then we’ll take it from there.”

It looked as if a whole mountain of burdens had been lifted off of Siyeon’s shoulders and her arms quickly pulled Gahyeon into a tight hug. “Thank you,” she breathed out, voice coloured with relief.

For a moment Gahyeon forgot, letting the small piece of her heart take over as she fell to the familiarity of the hug and the calming scent which was so disctinctly Siyeon.

But only for a moment.

“Siyeon.” It was spoken in a harsh tone, with just a hint of vulnerability. Luckily Siyeon understood and quickly stepped back. “I’ll see you on Saturday.” She nodded politely and pulled a half nervous smile before turning around and walking down the hall

Gahyeon was about to close the door when she opened it full and stuck her head out. “Her name is Miyeong.” She called down, watching as Siyeon froze. Gahyeon didn’t wait for a response, closing the door immediately after.

Miyeong had been the name Siyeon had fought for, before she had chickened out and run away. She sighed, shoulders relaxing as she leaned against the door with her back and closed her eyes.

Siyeon was back.

Life would become different, and whether it would be a good change or not had yet to be seen.

She hoped it would be a good different, for the sake of Miyeong and herself.

“Please don’t disappoint me a second time, Siyeon.”